FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] GooManager Beta official thread

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 33
 
By thereals0up, Retired Recognized Developer on 11th May 2012, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2012, 02:00 PM |#11  
Raistlin82's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Anybody can explain how to use with Galaxy note CM9?

I'd li ke to flash nightly in diff mode. First of all do I need to unistall cwm and install the open recovery?

Somebody has already tried?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2
 
 
17th May 2012, 05:55 PM |#12  
PMGRANDS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 922
 
Donate to Me
More
I like this app man, Good work...
17th May 2012, 08:45 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Great job, it's nice to see such a useful app for no cost.
17th May 2012, 09:53 PM |#14  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin82

Anybody can explain how to use with Galaxy note CM9?

I'd li ke to flash nightly in diff mode. First of all do I need to unistall cwm and install the open recovery?

Somebody has already tried?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

You simply install goomanager, hit menu -> install openrecoveryscript which will DD over the image to your recovery partition for twrp 2.0.

As far as differential patches go, the feature is still being enabled on a per-rom basis while I make sure there are no bugs CM nightlies in general do not have it enabled yet but some devs do.. the list will improve but i don't want to make any big changes until I am 100% positive the incremental system is perfect :P
The Following User Says Thank You to thereals0up For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thereals0up Ad-Free
18th May 2012, 12:44 AM |#15  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 973
 
More
I'm having quite a few failed downloads recently via goomanager, anybody else?

Not sure if this is device related issue or they app/appserver etc.

Using GTAB P1000 btw.
18th May 2012, 05:34 AM |#16  
superstargoddess's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nelsonville
Thanks Meter: 115
 
Donate to Me
More
This thing is a piece of crap if you are trying to download on 3g.
18th May 2012, 06:10 AM |#17  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstargoddess

This thing is a piece of crap if you are trying to download on 3g.

Please keep this conversation constructive. If you have anything relevant to resolving the issue go ahead and post it but complaints are not helpful. If you have a failed download, paste a logcat or simply the line which gives a numerical code for why the download failed. The tag will be "GOO"

We are aware of downloading issues but since this is just a project we do strictly on free time for no profit, we can only get what we can afford which is why we are on all used hardware and frequently have hiccups with our distribution boxes. We're looking into getting more in the rotation to lower the load on the servers but there are not enough hours in the day or dollars in the bank account to handle it right away. We're looking into financing some sexy new servers from dell if we can get approved :P
The Following User Says Thank You to thereals0up For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thereals0up Ad-Free
18th May 2012, 09:13 AM |#18  
Raistlin82's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereals0up

You simply install goomanager, hit menu -> install openrecoveryscript which will DD over the image to your recovery partition for twrp 2.0.

As far as differential patches go, the feature is still being enabled on a per-rom basis while I make sure there are no bugs CM nightlies in general do not have it enabled yet but some devs do.. the list will improve but i don't want to make any big changes until I am 100% positive the incremental system is perfect :P

Ok so I prefer to wait...I have no rush.
But it is safe to install the openrecovery? I mean 0% of brick over n7000 running CM9

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2
18th May 2012, 09:17 AM |#19  
superstargoddess's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nelsonville
Thanks Meter: 115
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereals0up

Please keep this conversation constructive. If you have anything relevant to resolving the issue go ahead and post it but complaints are not helpful. If you have a failed download, paste a logcat or simply the line which gives a numerical code for why the download failed. The tag will be "GOO"

We are aware of downloading issues but since this is just a project we do strictly on free time for no profit, we can only get what we can afford which is why we are on all used hardware and frequently have hiccups with our distribution boxes. We're looking into getting more in the rotation to lower the load on the servers but there are not enough hours in the day or dollars in the bank account to handle it right away. We're looking into financing some sexy new servers from dell if we can get approved :P

Sorry, was just being honest! ^^

Edit: I'd totally donate if it were reliable on 3g!
18th May 2012, 10:29 PM |#20  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 973
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstargoddess

This thing is a piece of crap if you are trying to download on 3g.

Then complain to your 3G provider dumbass.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheATHEiST For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheATHEiST Ad-Free
19th May 2012, 08:48 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
GooManager
can anyone explain why when goomanager shows and updated rom and it wont download it
is there anything i can do on my side as far as setting
i have agreat wifi or 4g connection

im trying to download the lastest
viper ics rom
but its only available on goo manager

the rom in question
viperROM IC3D Beta 3.1

any input would be helpful
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes