Thanks Meter: 4,748

By Martin_Ro, Senior Member on 17th May 2012, 12:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2012, 08:18 PM |#21  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Quote:

It formatted my emmc partition.I had my personal data in there.

That is your own fault.

you should of done a backup then, this is clearly user error as ive just flashed this rom myself using Odin and its working fine.

17th May 2012, 08:40 PM |#22  
Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 791

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackDaws

That is your own fault.

you should of done a backup then, this is clearly user error as ive just flashed this rom myself using Odin and its working fine.

I dont think it s my onw fault.I had a backup with my os but not with my files.
So please any1 can you post a link with a backup or a flashable zip with this rom?
17th May 2012, 08:56 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Yes I would like to know as I am preparing a phone for my friend, and just want the basics - after this he can decide which custom roms he would prefer

Regards
17th May 2012, 09:30 PM |#24  
Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 791

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothered

Yes I would like to know as I am preparing a phone for my friend, and just want the basics - after this he can decide which custom roms he would prefer

Regards

So lets start:
You will need :
1FeaMOD recovery1.2
2USB DRIVERS->install this
3.This ROM KQE which i think you already downloaded.
4.Fea mod recovery 1.4

Now:
NOTE THAT STEPS 8-16 are optional.
1.Turn off your phone
2.Press volume down button,home(center) button and power button in the same time like in the image

3.Unpack the ROM you downloaded an you will find:AriesVE.ops,KQE_MRBase_V1.tar,Multi_Downloade r_v4.43_with_smd0425.
4.Start Multi_Downloader_v4.43_with_smd0425. like in this image
5.Select One package file,Select AriesVE.ops with the ops button,and then click the one package button and select KQE_MRBase_V1.tar
6.Click start & wait.
7.As other member said rom will start without problems.Now i suggest you to install FeaMOD 1.4:Turn off your phone and press volume down button,home(center) button and power button in the same time.
8.Unpack FeaMOD 1.2 you downloaded.
9.Start Multi_Downloader again and select One package file,Select AriesVE.ops with the ops button and now select FeaModRecovery_1.2.tar using one package button.
10.Click start and your phone will reboot automaticaly.
11.Turn off your phone,press volume up and power menu in the same time and hold for about 5 seconds.
12.Now you are in the recovery menu.Using volume up,volume down,menu to select (touch button) and back (touch button) scroll to mounts and storage,select it, and then select mount usb storage.
13.You will see your sd card now.Copy FeaMOD 1.4 recovery.zip to your card.
14.Now on the phone press back button twice the scroll to install zip from sd card.
15.Now select choose zip from external sdcard and select FeaModrecovery1.4.zip
16.Select yes and wait.After the instalation is done you can now press the back button once.Select reboot now and you are done!
The Following User Says Thank You to Costinutz32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Costinutz32 Ad-Free
17th May 2012, 11:21 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen, Germany

More
I'm sorry to hear that there may be a bug in this installation.

But I could not tell you where this behavior may come from.
Don't have any external SD's in the phone so I couldn't back check this.

But:
As this is an stock kernel with a already known recovery and nothing special in it that could create such situation, I'm a bit out of answers....

But I will comment this for security reasons in the first post, to make sure that there are no more accident's like this.

To the point of CWM.
I choosed the Odin Setup for a simple reason.
It should be a good starting point for a stock user.
As a user without cwm recovery etc. you have to do quite some step's to come to the point where you can install the CWM version.

With Odin Version, you do only one step: Flash with odin, that's quit simple also for beginners.

And for the Recovery itself:
There are quite a bunch of different version out now.
I've choosed the one that I thought would be the newest one.
One may prefere FeaMod, some even Acro's Version (because he want's to test CM9 etc.).
You never can make everybody happy so I don't begin to try and did the Rom my way.
If you want to, you can use it, if not, im not angry.

Somebody here in the thead wrote, he has his base rom, it would be blaze-rom.
I'm fine with it, use what you want. I've done this rom for me and my wife in first place, so even when nobody other want's to use it, I'm fine with it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin_Ro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Martin_Ro Ad-Free
18th May 2012, 02:26 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is installing ok...

I try to download resources for fifa 12 and WIFI STILL RANDOMLY DISCONNECT !

if i can't do nothing...i will come back to 2.3.4
18th May 2012, 03:10 PM |#27  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 238

More
ive had to go back to my other rom, everything was working fine but i couldnt login to Latitude
18th May 2012, 04:08 PM |#28  

More
Followed guide installing from stock, but it would not boot, I ended up installing the stock version instead as it was not my phone and the person needed it. Basically it rebooted but remained at recovery menu. thanks for help away
18th May 2012, 04:34 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen, Germany

More
Then you might have forgotten to factory reset.

As I wrote in Opener: On First boot it will go to Recovery.
Select "reboot now" and all will work well.

If this is not the case, maybe it would help to simply flash again (happens sometimes on all roms).

I have test installed this rom now quite some times, on any times it has worked very well, so normaly it should work vor anybody (one reason why I don't implemented a special kernel like fearcore or vitality or skyhigh)

To Latitude. Didn't test it, because I don't use it (even don't know, what is is exactly ^^).

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher00

Is installing ok...

I try to download resources for fifa 12 and WIFI STILL RANDOMLY DISCONNECT !

if i can't do nothing...i will come back to 2.3.4

This seems to be a general 2.3.6 Problem. You should look for some wifi fixes here in XDA, as far as I can remember, it would help to set a static IP for your phone...
18th May 2012, 05:12 PM |#30  

More
yes thank you for your work and kind response

however I did try rebooting of course
also I did try reinstalling

"I may have forgotten to factory reset this is true "

like I said it remained at recovery stating that "installation aborted"
3 times we tried

thanks anyway will look into it again soon
18th May 2012, 07:21 PM |#31  
Flag seremban, negeri sembilan
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Hi
Thanks alot for ur work..done flashing ..boot with no problem..

Sent from my E10i using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)