Questions, please help

Search This thread

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
1. How does one connect the transformer to a HDTV? Is the appropriate equipment in the box?

2. How does one Swype on the UK version of the Asus keyboard?

3. How do I change the speed of animations?

4. Is there a keyboard shortcut for the multitasking button?

5. How do I speed up internet?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
I can try to answer some of these for you.

1) You need an HDMI cable with one end as a micro hdmi. It does not come with it. Heres the one I use.

2) Go the to the main swype beta home page with your tablet (in tablet mode), it wont work if you have it in desktop mode. Sign up for the beta and download beta.

3) I dont think you can. If your getting lag use the Asus Task Manager widget to kill background apps. There really shouldnt be any lag though. This is one of the smoothest tabs Ive ever used.

4) ??

5) If your internet seems slow I doubt its the tablet. More likely your router, or internet type. I get almost 35mb/ second with mine.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: UndisputedGuy

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks a lot, you did help.
1. Does anyone know how tablet remote works?

2. Would you recommend that one buys Norton tablet anti virus for £50? What does it offer that the free ones don't?
Thanks

Sent from my R800i using XDA

RolloJarvis

Feb 27, 2011
You can use right alt+tab for multitasking on the keyboard

You can swype on the main asus keyboard without downloading the swype beta. Im using perfect keyboard from the market however and i prefer it to the stock one as it is split so you can use it with your thumbs

Animations cant be sped up in the stock ROM, but I think the modified buildprop posted in the DEV section increases them slightly (correct me if wrong). On my phone I was able to increase the transition animation speeds using an app called "spare parts" so you may want to check that out

Internet should be fast. Ive noticed its actually faster than my laptop. If by speeding up the speed of connection TO the wifi hotspot, again try using the modified build.prop as that has some tweaks in it.

About antivirus, I wouldnt bother with it. It just slows the tablet and I think its unnecessary unless you are really lack confidence with technology. The same principles apply for the using PCs - if you dont trust something you downloaded off the internet, or from an email, dont open it! I have been without antivirus for years on my home PCs and phones and have never had a problem because I know what im doing. I would suspect that the main reason for antivirus on android is just for the companies to make a load of cash by scaremongering.

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011

You can swype on the main asus keyboard without downloading the swype beta. Im using perfect keyboard from the market however and i prefer it to the stock one as it is split so you can use it with your thumbs

Animations cant be sped up in the stock ROM, but I think the modified buildprop posted in the DEV section increases them slightly (correct me if wrong). On my phone I was able to increase the transition animation speeds using an app called "spare parts" so you may want to check that out

Internet should be fast. Ive noticed its actually faster than my laptop. If by speeding up the speed of connection TO the wifi hotspot, again try using the modified build.prop as that has some tweaks in it.

About antivirus, I wouldnt bother with it. It just slows the tablet and I think its unnecessary unless you are really lack confidence with technology. The same principles apply for the using PCs - if you dont trust something you downloaded off the internet, or from an email, dont open it! I have been without antivirus for years on my home PCs and phones and have never had a problem because I know what im doing. I would suspect that the main reason for antivirus on android is just for the companies to make a load of cash by scaremongering.

Thanks greatly for responses. Sometimes the swype on asus keyboard just doesn't work, I didn't know why. Do you need root for the modifiedbuild?

Also, are there any MS paint like apps in play store?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA

Last edited:

magentavibe

May 18, 2012
great help welcome..

As a first time tablet user (3 days), i am actually disappointed with the performance of TF300T compare to my wife's ipad 2. To make it worst, she think i make the wrong choice for not choosing apple... Until i arrive to this forum specifically to the topic below :D ..

TF-300 Minor tweaks and Speed increase(ROOT REQUIRED)

I think i can gain some respect if i follow the topic but....

In the topic, there are so many term that is only suitable for experienced user which leave me :confused: (blob, su, ww, etc ). From the topics, it is said, i can do the 'tweak' without rooting (which i dont really know how to do it) but using adb push (which i dont even know the meaning of it) to make it work.

The only thing is comprehensible for a newbie or noob like me is the result. I can make my tablet better than what i have now.

So, if there are any expert that can help me with the topics, please let me know. Any help will be very much appreciated.

As of why i post this here,

i prefer it to the stock one as it is split so you can use it with your thumbs

What did you mean by that dear Sir. I can split my keyboard like ipad keyboard do?

Thanks again. It is my first post in such a forum and english is not my first language.
Tablet : TF300T Build number : DE_epad-9.4.3.17

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
how can i make sure that my GPS works? It doesn't seem like it does....
I am indoors thought if it matters

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Open up maps or navigation and see if it locates you. Sometimes it takes awhile indoors.

Thanks! it's just that my asus weather widget fails to update. Does anyone know why my time sometimes just freezes?
And Also, how do i get rid of the app locker notification on the notification bar at the bottom. I use app locker but i dont want it to always tell "app locker is activated". Thanks

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Thanks! it's just that my asus weather widget fails to update. Does anyone know why my time sometimes just freezes?
And Also, how do i get rid of the app locker notification on the notification bar at the bottom. I use app locker but i dont want it to always tell "app locker is activated". Thanks

Not sure about the app locker app, but for the weather widget I have mine set to auto update and 1 hour for the frequency. I dont use gps, just wifi and the clock is perfect. So maybe you have it set to gps?

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Is there a away to change the setting? It still doesn't appear to be working...
Also, is there a way to change the function of the right click on the dock to make it more like the right click on a laptop? So when i right click, i would get the option of "open new tab" etc. in browser?
Thanks

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Another question , how can i stop the screen from rotating? I turned auto screen rotate off but it still moves....

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
These issues are sorted bar the face unlock one. I have another question and would've made a new thread but can't do so on the XDA app on my tablet.
Using the dock, if i plug in the USB port of a printer, should i be able to print from the tablet as i have tried this to no avail.

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Second question,
why is it that when downloading a powerpoint file from the internet and then opening it, it opens only with kingsoft office? There are no defaults set so i don't know why this happens.

supersoulfly

Dec 29, 2010
Seoul, Korea
Second question,
why is it that when downloading a powerpoint file from the internet and then opening it, it opens only with kingsoft office? There are no defaults set so i don't know why this happens.

What do you want to open it with? If it's a newer powerpoint file, like a pptx (office 2010), it may not play nice with a lot of office suites on Android.

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
I want it to open with either Cloudon or Polaris office. Its a word 2007 powerpoint file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can try to answer some of these for you.

1) You need an HDMI cable with one end as a micro hdmi. It does not come with it. Heres the one I use.

2) Go the to the main swype beta home page with your tablet (in tablet mode), it wont work if you have it in desktop mode. Sign up for the beta and download beta.

3) I dont think you can. If your getting lag use the Asus Task Manager widget to kill background apps. There really shouldnt be any lag though. This is one of the smoothest tabs Ive ever used.

4) ??

5) If your internet seems slow I doubt its the tablet. More likely your router, or internet type. I get almost 35mb/ second with mine.

Hope that helps.

great help welcome..

As a first time tablet user (3 days), i am actually disappointed with the performance of TF300T compare to my wife's ipad 2. To make it worst, she think i make the wrong choice for not choosing apple... Until i arrive to this forum specifically to the topic below :D ..

TF-300 Minor tweaks and Speed increase(ROOT REQUIRED)

I think i can gain some respect if i follow the topic but....

In the topic, there are so many term that is only suitable for experienced user which leave me :confused: (blob, su, ww, etc ). From the topics, it is said, i can do the 'tweak' without rooting (which i dont really know how to do it) but using adb push (which i dont even know the meaning of it) to make it work.

The only thing is comprehensible for a newbie or noob like me is the result. I can make my tablet better than what i have now.

So, if there are any expert that can help me with the topics, please let me know. Any help will be very much appreciated.

As of why i post this here,

i prefer it to the stock one as it is split so you can use it with your thumbs

What did you mean by that dear Sir. I can split my keyboard like ipad keyboard do?

Thanks again. It is my first post in such a forum and english is not my first language.
    Tablet : TF300T Build number : DE_epad-9.4.3.17
    how can i make sure that my GPS works? It doesn't seem like it does....
    I am indoors thought if it matters

Open up maps or navigation and see if it locates you. Sometimes it takes awhile indoors.

Not sure about the app locker app, but for the weather widget I have mine set to auto update and 1 hour for the frequency. I dont use gps, just wifi and the clock is perfect. So maybe you have it set to gps?