[ROM][CM9-Kang] h0tsauce "9" 20120817 *reborn*

Search This thread

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca
Yes please and do remember I Do Not have the settings/system/notification Asia posted Already (with a pic)

Biggest dog on the block, Note!! Now ICED out!
sounds like you changed your dpi from stock? try setting back to 320 and reboot and go to the settings/system/notification and see if that brings back your notifications choice. betcha

Reactions: tyler79durdan

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca
I am absolutly loving this. Thank you so much for doing this for all of us. Fantastic, wonderful, excellent...need i say more?!

Thank you

cyanogen

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
Seattle
cyanogenmod.com
If you are using this, building this, or whatever, please try to help out and contribute back to the project if you fix something. I've put a LOT of work into getting this going, and so have the other guys on the 8660 team. It's not even merged to CM mainline yet, and we are keeping the repositories open for now. There are still issues but I expect to have most things resolved in the next week or so.

The build in the OP is not indicative of the current state of development, a ton of work is not even committed yet.

Last edited:

Wolf Haley

Dec 5, 2011
Los Angeles
Hopefully the Camera fix will be a flashable zip install of a whole new Flash? Already getting used to this and setting up all my apps lol

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA
Well rom manager won't go back up to 320 but went to 280 and the opting came back and added them went back to 230...still there, thanks guys.
<~~dip **** sometimes. Haha

Biggest dog on the block, Note!! Now ICED out!

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Phone won't stay on Lte 3g or 4g specific when going through options dunno if its a bug or not. It switches between 3g n H on my status bar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

ee23hd2

Apr 28, 2010
Anyone tried theme chooser yet? Themes applying properly and everything?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
I'm on gingerbread 2.3.6 with SAUROM. If I flash the necessary UCLD3 baseband as mentioned in the OP, will I lose my internal SD data? I read somewhere that if I upgrade to ICS through Odin, it formats internal SD. I ask because I don't have a ocomputer at the moment, and nowhere near enough space on my external SD card. Also, can I use a T-Mobile radio on this ROM for 4g? Which is the best / most reliable etc.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    h0tsauce "9"
    Latest release: 9.20120817
    CyanogenMod 9 + custom kernel + extras + latest fixes

This is a Kang of latest CyanogenMod 9 repo, 100% built from source, with patches applied, and a custom kernel. Patches I include are typically un-merged submissions or features that have been rejected from CM, AOSP and Codeaurora.

The builds I post are my "daily driver". I only post updates when source code changes are beneficial to our platform, add functionality, or fix usability bugs.

Sources

h0tw1r3 Github
    Cyanogenmod Github

Changes

Refer to TXT files of related build

Installation

I personally recommend using Team Win Recovery Project instead of Clockwork Recovery Mod for installing ROM's. It integrates very well with Goo Manager.

1. Download latest release from goo.im or use Goo Manager.
    2. Reboot into recovery (TWRP preferred.)
    3. Format Cache & Clear Dalvik.
    4. Flash zip downloaded in step #1. If you're NOT coming from a CM9 based rom or upgrading, you must "Factory Reset" (format data and cache partitions 3x).
    6. Install Google Apps downloaded in step #1.
    7. Format Cache & Wipe Dalvik, yes... again.
    8. Reboot

If things seem to be weird, repeat the steps again.

Problems / Support

I do not provide support through this forum, only release announcements. I am happy to investigate issues but they must be submitted to the github project.
    If you are using this, building this, or whatever, please try to help out and contribute back to the project if you fix something. I've put a LOT of work into getting this going, and so have the other guys on the 8660 team. It's not even merged to CM mainline yet, and we are keeping the repositories open for now. There are still issues but I expect to have most things resolved in the next week or so.

The build in the OP is not indicative of the current state of development, a ton of work is not even committed yet.
    Just an FYI for everyone reporting issues and asking for solutions.
    This is a great big step for our device, but keep in mind this is based off of code for another device with binaries and drivers etc for our device compiled in.
    It is also the very first release, and a damned good one at that.
    You should have seen some official releases of CM7 for other devices in their early stages, much less polished than this.
    So before you start pulling your hair out about why this is flakey or why that isn't working properly and asking for fixes and solutions, remember this little guy is less than a day old and unofficial.
    Understand that this is going to have quirks and bugs and probably not any fixes for most issues today.
    Much respect to h0tw1r3 for sharing this and we all look forward to more good stuff.

thanks and enjoy the ride!
    Uploading release 8 to goo.im now (65%....) Current CM9 ICS branch, UCLF5 (latest leak) kernel & proprietary binaries, and a ton of patches from AOSP, CM9 and CAF. Will update the OP later with patch notes, time for bed.
    Uhhhh, okay... I'll bite: Why is it discontinued? GPL issues?

Recent posts from a senior moderator have prompted me to take a serious look at my responsibility and liability for publicly distributing software based on the GPLv2.

Therefore I have placed discontinuation notices on my development threads and will no longer be providing software releases (binary blobs).

This does not mean I am leaving the development community. I will continue to support other developers on XDA, stay active with my kernel fork on github, and spend more time on collaborating with the cyanogenmod development team.