My Streak 7 Dock thoughts.

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The dock itself has a port, but the stock kernels never actually supported it.

The S5 can make use of it though custom kernels that add OTG,
the S7 could, I dont recall if the HS or ICS kernels do though.

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
"Ive" not been able to get OTG (Gamepad or mouse) working on HC with my DS7. Even my bluetooth keyboard/touchpad thingy I got. The keyboard works, mouse doesnt give me the icon like it does on the other androids I own. So yea that could be just Streakdroid HC there. ICS however Steve has been working on alot more in the kernel so who knows. DS5.. I havent tried yet. I just would love to know period if anyone has got a wired gamepad to work on it. Ive heard people get it working with a dongle which had its own battery to power the controller.

lurch0101

Apr 10, 2012
I bought a USB cable to extend the original data/charging cable and now it charges slower than if using just the data/charging cable.

mikemp71

Dec 19, 2009
West Virginia
[/QUOTE]Also, the S5 dock in the previous link likely wont fit the S7, that's the reason the official dock comes with 2 backplates.
Your only real choice for the S7 is the official 2nd gen dock.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong about that. I have one for my S7 and it fits perfectly. The wider base makes it very stable. You can find them cheaper on Ebay.

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
I managed to kill my dock adapter cord. Can anyone help me out and measure the diameter of the tip of the barrel connector and its length?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

DVD2955

Mar 21, 2011
Dock Died?

Ok the dock comes with two USB cables..
It seems for some reason that if I plug in the cable that had the round barrel connector it shorts out the USB on my computer?
IF connected to a powered USB hub the hub quits working?

This happened this past week.. till then both were plugged into a powered USB hub with out troubles?

Any ideas as to what happened?

David

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I finally bought the Streak docking station. I havent hooked it up to HDMI yet so I cant tell you about that yet.

What I can tell you is.. the plastic holder part.. The clear thing you insert, I dont know, I mean seems solid enough but I cant help but feel that it could break, I dont know. That and things make a odd sound when you jiggle the tablet while its docked.

Aside from that, GOD this dock is nice. I mean its angled just right for doing things, visibility is great! Good for video watching and so. Also playing finger based games like angry birds, this thing runs great. Also least it can charge separately from the usb connection to the PC. All I need to find now is a way to access my network files to play videos remotely and I am set. =D