[Development - S8500] Polish Blood by mikegapinski - Android 4.0 Nightly1(23th June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Camel_inside

Jul 11, 2011
rebellos.....is it a challenge, isn't it? :)

Really this is a question? STOP asking stupid things!
And the others, stop asking, this post is for information or help Mike and Rebellos not for stupid questions like: is hard? rebellos say is working 1 year ago, so really nead ask if is a challenge?

Shh dont ask, aport, donate, help or only read and be happy for have this great and intelligent people making this port posible!

If you tink you cant help, HELP dont ask, if you have money Donate to the project is a little boton down the user name, please people dont be asshole.

AND STOP ASKING FOR REALESE DATE! they inform in this post if you stop continue to fill this with: is it a challenge, isn't it? REALLY F*** QUESTION!!!!

Great work guys!

Last edited:

zmajster01

Apr 5, 2011
And the others, stop asking, this post is for information or help Mike and Rebellos not for stupid questions like: is hard? rebellos say is working 1 year ago, so really nead ask if is a challenge? ....
no, it is not question. i watch this thread from start, i know what i can. Yelling on this thread with your post, is same as my post.
i explain for you..."is it challenge? yes, it is, because is not easy".

sorry for OT.

FreaK.Pituh

May 15, 2012
ummm.. someone can tell me pritymuch when the project will be dont and if he make it for s8530 cuz the first project of froyo was started and now is dont moving :confused:

flo2204

Apr 13, 2012
ummm.. someone can tell me pritymuch when the project will be dont and if he make it for s8530 cuz the first project of froyo was started and now is dont moving :confused:

one question...
you are not able to read hm?
two post above yours someone answered every question you ask!

Camel_inside said:
And the others, stop asking, this post is for information or help Mike and Rebellos not for stupid questions like: is hard? rebellos say is working 1 year ago, so really nead ask if is a challenge?

Shh dont ask, aport, donate, help or only read and be happy for have this great and intelligent people making this port posible!

If you tink you cant help, HELP dont ask, if you have money Donate to the project is a little boton down the user name, please people dont be asshole.

AND STOP ASKING FOR REALESE DATE! they inform in this post if you stop continue to fill this with: is it a challenge, isn't it? REALLY F*** QUESTION!!!!

Great work guys!

Reactions: wirel1

sojibby

Nov 20, 2011
Thank You

On behalf of those of us who just read the posts and wait patiently while you work, thank you. We really appreciate all of your hard work! I've seen many great developers leave because they are forced to wade through so many posts. Just remember that for each of those posts there are so many other wave users who are just excited to get android on our waves!

Thanks again, I personally think you are awesome! Cheers from Canada!

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
Thanks.:) but i think more testers will found bugs very fast.

no!

It DOESN'T work like that!

as far as things like modem goes there's nothing for a pub to "TEST" because it's functionality is still non-existant! project is in feature implementation stage.

sure there might be an unstable pre-alpha public release again like there was for 2.2, but grabbing it, running it on your wave and running back here saying something useless like "app x doesn't work" doesn't help the devs.

Last edited:

princepsp

Apr 19, 2011
no!

It DOESN'T work like that!

as far as things like modem goes there's nothing for a pub to "TEST" because it's functionality is still non-existant! project is in feature implementation stage.

sure there might be an unstable pre-alpha public release again like there was for 2.2, but grabbing it, running it on your wave and running back here saying something useless like "app x doesn't work" doesn't help the devs.

if you read history of my posts , you cant see "app x doesn't work".

but you can see temp. fix.

lordfarhan40

Apr 23, 2011
if you read history of my posts , you cant see "app x doesn't work".

but you can see temp. fix.

its ok but to make you understand what nbates said:
developers at this stage dont bother about the apps which are not working nor are they bothered about those which are working. At this stage the are just working to make the basics work like sensors, modem and all. So right now you can only help them if you are a developer yourself :)

Vangarm

Feb 14, 2012
Looking forward to see the first public release of Android on our beloved Wave.

Very good job to all of the devs that have been working on this port. Especially the ones that put up with the crap some of us gave them for over a year!

I still like the Wave a lot and getting ICS on it feels like a dream. Thanks again!

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
As there are many people browsing this forum I've got request - can anyone grab any S8500 ROM, unpack FactoryFS using WaveRemaker, pack "SystemFS/Driver" directory and upload it somewhere for me? It should have few megs and contain valuable info for me. No Windows system booted around for next day I guess.
Thanks in advance.

DiGiTLgame

Apr 19, 2011
As there are many people browsing this forum I've got request - can anyone grab any S8500 ROM, unpack FactoryFS using WaveRemaker, pack "SystemFS/Driver" directory and upload it somewhere for me? It should have few megs and contain valuable info for me. No Windows system booted around for next day I guess.
Thanks in advance.
Hope it helps.
www2[dot]zshare[dot]ma/fn9ohj7tuh30

Reactions: Rebellos

BigSerg

Feb 13, 2012
Thanks in advance.

here it is
www2[dot]zshare[dot]ma/mbsw79917r56

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
As there are many people browsing this forum I've got request - can anyone grab any S8500 ROM, unpack FactoryFS using WaveRemaker, pack "SystemFS/Driver" directory and upload it somewhere for me?

You probably could have mounted the relevant bada partition and downloaded the files from the Linux kernel using adb, but nvm. :p

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebellos

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
So, small progress for the night.
All keys are finally catched by kernel. So no more need for touchscreen keys. Mike has to adjust platform settings to handle some of them properly but another part in kernel is done. :)
Touchscreen is still pretty sucky calibrated, didn't want to work completely when took settings from Bada, so I will work on it later. For now gonna focus other things, including deep-idle bug and modem.

elkpojlb

Apr 22, 2011
very good progress friend! I hope mike or you upload some video showing the advance of the keys or some Avanze (A users like to see the videos of android in the wave, so we are very excited hehehe ...)
And good luck with your next goal: to fix the error of inactivity and modem! : P
Greetings from Argentina!

PhoenixWaver

May 13, 2012
VOIP

Hi everyone. ive got a request about some doubt. I know that conversation about "apps" is not a big issue at this stage but- If up to now Android ICS 4 can be launched on Wave 1 and the WIFI is operable, can we use apps on the Android to make VOIP calls from the Wave 1?:confused: or do we need to wait for the MoDem to be operable first? cause up to now no applications support VOIP over Bada and this is quite a pain. :( :D Waiting for Wave2 Android4 8)

Well anyway to Mike, Oleg and Rebellos-GREETINGS from Mauritius Island!!!
You are really fANTAStic Devs and Wish you Goodluck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My targets in this project:

Primary target: Android 4 ICS port for Samsung Wave S8500;
    Secondary target: Android 4 ICS for Samsung Wave S8530.
    I. History:
    1. How I got my Wave ?

It was founded by bada-world.pl community after a big site komorkomania.pl published an article about my work on LG GT-540 Swift.
    The donators were (exchange rate: 4,17 PLN):

1. Comcio – 7,19 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    2. MarcinUj – 4,80 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    3. cinimini – 1,20 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    4. prusaq – 1,96 Euro - 28.03.2012r. + 1,20 Euro- 29.03.2012r
    5. HROLF – 3,60 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    6. Andreas786 – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    7. Mielu – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    8. n3jt – 1,85 Euro - 28.03.2012r
    9. salomonik – 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    10. bedson - 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    11. macaron - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    12. daniel23z - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    13. Diego962 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    14. midnight911 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    15. MaciekSmola - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    16. shevchenko1987 - 2,40 Euro - 30.03.2012r.
    17. Johny5608 - 2,40 Euro - 31.03.2012r. (PayPal)
    18. faabio - 8,39 Euro - 02.04.2012r.
    The rest of missing amount of money was my contribution to the project

2. Why I decided to start this port ?

I look for a new challenges and experiences, bcos a time to choose a job is getting closer and closer.

3. All links news and what works can be found on polishblood.pl

Caution:

All of that couldn't happen without great work of guys from Badadroid and all credits for creating method of booting Android go to rebellos, mijoma,srg.mstr, b.kubica, nbates66, anghelyi. If you think thay deserve a donation check their thread.

Current kernel code:
    https://github.com/Rebell/bdroid/

If you look to donate me click the button near my avatar
    Big day for Badadroid - I found and fixed "idle bug". Though there's sometimes issue when I rapidly order it to suspend and wakeup few times. However - kernel can now suspend most of live processes and go to sleep. :)
    I am locking the thread till 24th of July. I am leaving on holidays.

So far I can give what is changed from current beta:
    -Updated to Jelly Bean
    -Kernel updated with incr patches
    -Voodoo sound suport in kernel
    -Bringing Simple I/O in kernel
    -Undervolted cpu a little - less power consumption
    -I am also testing BFS but that still needs improvments
    -Android Recovery added
    -Data and Cache is moved to other partition by script like on 2.2
    I've located all front camera functions and init tables in Bada kernel so we will get it working very soon. Back camera is much more complicated, so we it will take more time to run it.

Please don't PM me about "how is it going". I won't answer anyway. I'm slowly working on modem but it's boring and long work. Anyone with C/C++ experience is welcome to help, but first you would have to browse replicant RIL for Samsung as example.
    I've just got touchscreen oriented properly. Still working on Idle bug, with no success for now.