Looking for an HTC Trophy

Search This thread

swbf2lord

Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Not sure if this is allowed, not trying to advertise or anything though, I just don't think that many Trophy users go to the MP. If it's not allowed, then just delete.

I've been looking for an HTC Trophy for some time. I have a MP thread where I have stated such: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661366. If anyone wants to trade for a Droid RAZR, or I do have a 32GB Zune HD with limited edition Halo 3 box, please PM me.

(Like I said, just trying to inform Trophy owners, because I doubt most check the MP. If not allowed, please delete.)

Lockett

Apr 24, 2011
Hanover, PA
Once I receive the trophy and play around with it, see how well the signal is in my area, and my overall opinions on it, I may take you up on that. I'm using an Incredible 2 right now and have 0 service at my house when I had full service with my bionic. If the trophy lacks signal strength then I'm gonna have to ditch it.

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
Lockett, have you tried to update your PRL with *228 option 2 (You can do this with all of your Verizon phones)? Also, go to Settings=>Cellular [Verizon] and set the roaming mode to CMDA only (otherwise it will attempt to find a GSM tower). Having it in Global mode is great for 911 service, but that's about it in the US.

The Incredible 2 is also a World Phone like the Verizon Trophy, so you can try the same thing. I think in Android, you go to settings, cellular and there should be a roaming option to change to CMDA only somewhere. Try that first because I get the funny feeling both the Trophy and Incredible 2 will have the same problem unless you do. I have crappy reception at my house, and if I leave my World Phones like my Touch Pro2 or my VZW Trophy in Global Mode, it will always try to pickup a GSM tower that is closer.

Just an idea, might be worth a shot.

Not to hijack the thread or anything swbf2lord, some people have done trades in this sub-forum, so its worth a shot to draw attention to both threads.

Last edited:

Lockett

Apr 24, 2011
Hanover, PA
Thanks for the tip. You can also dial on the dialer *#*#4636#*#* to access testing mode, go to phone settings, and select cdma only. That's what I usually do when using world phones. I don't know if this is just an android trick or if it'll work on WP7 too.

worm-

Apr 30, 2010
I have a brand NEW HTC Trophy, never been turned on, still has all the protective plastics on it for sale for 125$. Retail is over 400, and 179 right now with a 2 year contract.

Wife is a verizon employee, and won this phone last week running a company sponsored 5k. We both have Galaxy Nexus phones, so obviously this phone is a down grade for us. Could be looking for an MP3 player, but not a microsoft one, sorry :/