FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Runnymede S-OFF

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 306
 
Post Reply Email Thread
20th May 2012, 11:09 PM |#51  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Do you have to be on a specific hboot versionbecause I followed these instructions to a tee and somehow manages to soft brick my phone.. everythings fine now just had to flash an RUU

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using XDA
 
 
20th May 2012, 11:49 PM |#52  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,328
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_1997

Do you have to be on a specific hboot versionbecause I followed these instructions to a tee and somehow manages to soft brick my phone.. everythings fine now just had to flash an RUU

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using XDA

Yes older 1.25 as my phone is soft brick too. Unlike you I can't flash ruu as no Europe ics ruu file as yet. Hboot 1.28 can't be downgraded as when flash it replaces fard patch. Cid errors on official ruu and my old ruu won't flash as I now have newer hboot. Can we have a patched 1.28 hboot so I can downgrade back to 1.25 and bring phone back lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
21st May 2012, 06:43 AM |#53  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

Yes older 1.25 as my phone is soft brick too. Unlike you I can't flash ruu as no Europe ics ruu file as yet. Hboot 1.28 can't be downgraded as when flash it replaces fard patch. Cid errors on official ruu and my old ruu won't flash as I now have newer hboot. Can we have a patched 1.28 hboot so I can downgrade back to 1.25 and bring phone back lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

If your XL is with FARDJADB's HBOOT,you can do this to make your cellphone back to work,no matter ics OR not
1.get the ROM.zip from RUU.
2.unzip the ROM.zip,and change the CID file to your XL's CID
3.repack the ROM.zip
4.using fastboot flash zip ROM.zip to flash it.
then you will get it back to work.
If after HTC logo it goes to black screen,you can press the power button to make it back to work until it boots into Android.then flash the radio for your roms
21st May 2012, 06:58 AM |#54  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
now that i've had to run an ruu and such.. i am now on software ver 2.27 or something to that extent, now does anyone know of a way to root/flash custom roms and the like because this is a total pisser
21st May 2012, 07:18 AM |#55  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_1997

now that i've had to run an ruu and such.. i am now on software ver 2.27 or something to that extent, now does anyone know of a way to root/flash custom roms and the like because this is a total pisser

if you want to downgrade HBOOT to 1.25 and flash custom roms,plz look above.
if you want to keep hboot 1.28 and flash roms,you need to flash the CWM touch FOR 1.28.
Notice:If the update script contains the cache-wiping function,plz edit it and delete that function.

For root,you can use TPSparkyRoot to root,or the recovery method to root
Attached Files
File Type: img recovery_for_1.28.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.88 MB, 202 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alfchin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alfchin Ad-Free
21st May 2012, 07:33 AM |#56  
Senior Member
Flag Othmarsingen
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin

if you want to downgrade HBOOT to 1.25 and flash custom roms,plz look above.
if you want to keep hboot 1.28 and flash roms,you need to flash the CWM touch FOR 1.28.
Notice:If the update script contains the cache-wiping function,plz edit it and delete that function.

For root,you can use TPSparkyRoot to root,or the recovery method to root

Can we flash with this recovery our roms? And is this recovery bug free?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e mit Tapatalk
21st May 2012, 07:38 AM |#57  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
if this is the touch recovery i am pretty sure it is buggy which is why i am hoping to downgrade.. should i be getting in the recovery when i am trying to install this s-off hboot error in loop device, and do i need an unlocked bootloader
21st May 2012, 07:49 AM |#58  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchmontana

Can we flash with this recovery our roms? And is this recovery bug free?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e mit Tapatalk

This recovery is only for HBOOT 1.28!
BUG LISTS:
USB STORAGE not working
Update SCrips which involve in /dev/block/mmcblk0p30 will return an error msg,so plz delete those script
other functions work well,and it supports the FARDJADB S-off
21st May 2012, 07:50 AM |#59  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
i've tried three times now and each time i still have my old bootloader im out of ideas
21st May 2012, 07:51 AM |#60  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

Yes older 1.25 as my phone is soft brick too. Unlike you I can't flash ruu as no Europe ics ruu file as yet. Hboot 1.28 can't be downgraded as when flash it replaces fard patch. Cid errors on official ruu and my old ruu won't flash as I now have newer hboot. Can we have a patched 1.28 hboot so I can downgrade back to 1.25 and bring phone back lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Guys please be careful when playing with HBOOT, Radio, etc.

Here is the easy way to unbrick:

1. Flash your unlock token on 1.28 if it's (re)locked.
2. Boot into a working recovery.
3. Download this and push it to /tmp (adb push fardjadb_runnymede.nb0 /tmp)
4. get into adb shell and execute dd if=/tmp/fardjadb_runnymede.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
5. reboot bootloader
6. Download this and flash it to the misc partition (fastboot flash misc supermisc)
7. fastboot reboot-bootloader
8. Install a stock RUU
* As alfchin said, if you want to flash RUUs with different CIDs, extract the zip, open android-info.txt, change CID, repack and flash with fastboot flash zip ...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fardjad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fardjad Ad-Free
21st May 2012, 07:51 AM |#61  
Senior Member
Flag Othmarsingen
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin

This recovery is only for HBOOT 1.28!
BUG LISTS:
USB STORAGE not working
Update SCrips which involve in /dev/block/mmcblk0p30 will return an error msg,so plz delete those script
other functions work well

Ok too hard for me i just wait...

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes