109 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By thereals0up, Retired Recognized Developer on 11th May 2012, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2012, 08:48 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
GooManager
can anyone explain why when goomanager shows and updated rom and it wont download it
is there anything i can do on my side as far as setting
i have agreat wifi or 4g connection

im trying to download the lastest
viper ics rom
but its only available on goo manager

the rom in question
viperROM IC3D Beta 3.1

any input would be helpful

19th May 2012, 09:01 PM |#22  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgardmoore

can anyone explain why when goomanager shows and updated rom and it wont download it
is there anything i can do on my side as far as setting
i have agreat wifi or 4g connection

im trying to download the lastest
viper ics rom
but its only available on goo manager

the rom in question
viperROM IC3D Beta 3.1

any input would be helpful

Assuming the developer set the rom prop info properly, tapping download should work fine. By "won't download" do you mean the button does nothing or the download fails?

More information would help I'm able to download that file just fine from here on my crappy sprint 3g
19th May 2012, 10:59 PM |#23  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 973

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereals0up

Assuming the developer set the rom prop info properly, tapping download should work fine. By "won't download" do you mean the button does nothing or the download fails?

More information would help I'm able to download that file just fine from here on my crappy sprint 3g

Not sure about other guy but I'm getting download failed on both my SGS2 (i9100) and my SGT7 (P1000) both via 3G and Wifi
19th May 2012, 11:32 PM |#24  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I'm also getting failed downloads when attempting to download CM9 nighties to my Galaxy Nexus. Clearing download manager data does not fix the problem. I'll try to post a log.
21st May 2012, 05:53 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by depths

I'm also getting failed downloads when attempting to download CM9 nighties to my Galaxy Nexus. Clearing download manager data does not fix the problem. I'll try to post a log.

I would love to get some help tracking down the issue.. in the last couple weeks, I have been getting a ton of reports but i've been too busy to really address anything. Hopefully this week i can TRY to get to the bottom of it.

If anybody can reproduce the repeated failed downloads, please grab http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11411612/Goo...uild_2.0.6.apk and get me a logcat. This build will give me a little more debug data that i need. It will log a line tagged by "GOO" that will give me the COLUMN_STATUS and COLUMN_REASON which i can look up in the android DownloadManager API docs (http://developer.android.com/referen...adManager.html)
21st May 2012, 04:02 PM |#26  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 7

More
awesome program but one problem
Not sure if this has to do with my ROM or this program but i thought i should bring it up to help others avoid this. I might be a dumda** for doing this, but i rebooted into recovery through Goomanager and now i can't get out of CWM. It keeps putting me back into recovery i can't even shut it down since it only gives the option to reboot. I'm thinking it is soft bricked so i am using the 1a. option on soft brick recovery from XDA to fix it (still downloading ADB first time so wish me luck ). My device is the Asus prime with gummy ROM 1.2.3 and CWM touch latest version. Will let everyone on if I'm able to fix it and if this is a already known problem that has a fix sorry for the re-post.
21st May 2012, 04:13 PM |#27  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,366

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fd4101

Not sure if this has to do with my ROM or this program but i thought i should bring it up to help others avoid this. I might be a dumda** for doing this, but i rebooted into recovery through Goomanager and now i can't get out of CWM. It keeps putting me back into recovery i can't even shut it down since it only gives the option to reboot. I'm thinking it is soft bricked so i am using the 1a. option on soft brick recovery from XDA to fix it (still downloading ADB first time so wish me luck ). My device is the Asus prime with gummy ROM 1.2.3 and CWM touch latest version. Will let everyone on if I'm able to fix it and if this is a already known problem that has a fix sorry for the re-post.

This actually isn't a goo manager problem, it's because the CWM version you're using doesn't clear the recovery instruction. Flash the zip in this post to get out of it - you'll need to "adb push" the zip to /sdcard/ to be able to flash it, then in the future either use TWRP (which you can install using goo manager) or use one of these versions of CWM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1601942
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyeballer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyeballer Ad-Free
21st May 2012, 04:52 PM |#28  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You Sir are a god among men you have my thanks. It took me forever to push the file but i have it now (you have to be very precise in what you type in the command). Now i think i will read up on ADB more it seems like a very useful program.
24th May 2012, 10:01 PM |#29  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am trying to update viperROM thru goomanager as I keep getting there is an update available. I download and then...

Whenever I try and install it says :
-verify md5 for /sdcard/goomanager/viperROM_IC3D_Bet
-no md5 file found. ignoring
-install /sdcard/goomanager/viperRom_IC3D_beta_3.1_u
finding update package...
opening update package...
E:Can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(bad)
*verifying filesystems...
*verifying partition sizes...
E:Error installing zip file '/sdcard/goomanager/viperR
done processing script file

What am i doing wrong here?? any advice would be appreciated.
11th June 2012, 06:10 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
With goo.im mobile, attempting to install twrp via settings results in a force close if remembering grant superuser is not selected, ie. putting up with multiple prompts for elevated privileges.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Install GooManager
2. Open GooManager, uncheck Remember with Superuser request
3. Allow Superuser request
4. Settings -> Install OpenRecoveryScript
5. Yes, uncheck Remember with Superuser request, Allow Superuser request
6. Repeat step 5
7. zip downloads with embedded browser
8. On completion of download, GooManager force closes

Cm9 Tenderloin Alpha2
Goo.im mobile v2.1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to zaos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zaos Ad-Free
12th June 2012, 02:55 AM |#31  

More
is this an application not responding error or a force close? logcat would be nice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)