FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PROJ][16-09-2008-12:05CET]Opal/Jade Apps & Manilla2D Extraction Thread

5,326 posts
Thanks Meter: 147

By Noonski, Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus on 12th September 2008, 03:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2008, 09:10 AM |#711  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinotage

Grat App, really fine.

But i have these Problems on my xda star with TOMs ROM:

- adding new contacs or programs freezes manilla 2 d sometimes
- the tabs in the bottom of the screen like "all programs or all settings", left and right, are not displayed ans still donĀ“t work

greets

I second this issue, with Kaiser WM 6.0, oficial ROM

14th September 2008, 09:12 AM |#712  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Folsom, California
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herg62123

download this. it is qvga htc youtube.

RAPIDSHARE

where this cab is qvga and all files are here, the only prob is when you click a video it gives an error file can't be played. i am thinking a codec is missing but not sure yet.

Thank you sir. Youtube is working perfect now.

Now to just fix how to get the Internet icon to open when I click on it.
14th September 2008, 09:19 AM |#713  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Ketchikan, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Adding Your City to the XML file
Quote:
Originally Posted by JstarLuvsTina

atw when u figure out how to add cities..can u do a quick "how to" so i can add mine?

What you need:

1) HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file. I have attached one below which you can use, or alternatively you can copy the one from the your /windows folder.

2) If you don't have the version which is already patched then you will need the N2A patched file attached below as well.

Here are the steps:

1) Open HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml using Notepad.

2) You will see many cities listed like this:

<city name="Anchorage, US" loca="NAM|US|AK|ANCHORAGE " land="United States " /> (original)

<city name="Ketchikan, AK" loca="NAM|US|AK|KETCHIKAN" land="United States" /> (copied and edited)

Simply copy one of the cities from your country, or state and then edit the city information. You will notice in the example above i have changed "Anchorage, US" to "Ketchikan, AK" as this is just what will display on the screen. The section marked loca=con"CONTINENT|COUNTRY|STATE|CITY" must be typed in correctly or else you will not get any data.

3) Repeate step 2 for as many cities as you would like to add.

4) Disable touchflo on the today screen

5) Copy Manila2D.exe (if you are not using the version already patched), and your newly edited HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file to the /windows folder.

6) Enable touchflo on the today screen again.

7) Go to weather and add new city, the new cities should be available to you. I would remove any old cities you had before as well.

UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe

As a side note, I was able to just use the Zip code instead of NAM|US|AK|KETCHIKAN.

Thanks ATW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay

the resident expert will be here shortly to explain in detail.

I don't know about resident expert, but i do help where i can
Attached Files
File Type: zip manila2d_N2A_patch.zip - [Click for QR Code] (446.7 KB, 268 views)
File Type: zip HH_0409_WeatherCities.zip - [Click for QR Code] (54.8 KB, 250 views)
14th September 2008, 09:28 AM |#714  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchua

2) You will see many cities listed like this:

<city name="Anchorage, US" loca="NAM|US|AK|ANCHORAGE " land="United States " /> (original)

<city name="Ketchikan, AK" loca="NAM|US|AK|KETCHIKAN" land="United States" /> (copied and edited)

As a side note, I was able to just use the Zip code instead of NAM|US|AK|KETCHIKAN.
14th September 2008, 09:30 AM |#715  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Ketchikan, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe

Thanks for the info, i'm not sure how that works if it's not a US city. So i set up so the format that i thought should work for everyone. I will edit my post with your info.
14th September 2008, 09:34 AM |#716  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi

I have a little problem here with my Elfin. I used to have Homescreen++'s (formerly known as Battery Status) overclocking facility activated, as the phone is really sluggish. The overclocking facility only works when the homescreen++ plugin is activated. Now the problem is: this TouchFlo plugin doesn't allow for any other plugin to be activated simultaneously. Anyone?
14th September 2008, 09:56 AM |#717  
Flag Nesebar
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
not launching at all for blueangel and himalaya roms 20721
14th September 2008, 10:06 AM |#718  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchua

Thanks for the info, i'm not sure how that works if it's not a US city. So i set up so the format that i thought should work for everyone. I will edit my post with your info.

I'll see if I can dig up anything on that.

Edit: Wasn't able to get other postal codes to work besides US ones, I may have been doing it wrong though.
14th September 2008, 10:08 AM |#719  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 147

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny

Youtube Update!

Alright so installed a new rom (WDM's Diamond Theme Rom)(that listed having dshow & concurence manager), and YouTube played fine (Can be found here).

So I took the rom I like the most OMJ's Clean rom (Can be found here). Used a kitchen to extract everything, and then downloaded the Diamond OEM's (Can be found here) and found the Concurence Manager & DShow in OEM form, and added them.

The Concurrence Manager was already in there. One of the two .dll's was the same size, but the other (ConcurrenceMgr.dll) was much smaller (15kb vs 27kb). Anyways I used the new Diamond Concurrence Manager.

Dshow however, was much different. Only had 4 files tied to it, versus the Diamond Concurrence Manager which had 14.

I removed all traces of both the Concurrence manager and dshow from the clean rom, and built a new ROM. Installed the new rom on the phone, and voila, youtube works perfectly!

So I think Noonski has to be right, as it was either the concurrence manager, or dshow which stops Youtube from not playing videos. Which it is, I don't know and I am not going to waste my time trying to figure it out. If I had to guess it'd be dshow, (especially since it won't install).
Anyways I compiled the rom, and it YouTube worked out of the box!

Also if you are having problems with YouTube not working, I would try removing these files from the PPC, and seeing if DShow will install w/o these files:
htcmidi.avd
HtcRenderFlt2.dll
HTCWMPPlug.dll
ThumbCom.dll

Thank You Useful information.

If it's allright With VetVito i can Upload All PACKAGES.

For Cooking and Contriutional purposes just like the post above.

But i'm still going to sleep a little bit more
14th September 2008, 10:14 AM |#720  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Latest version crashes when I scroll down to my 3rd e-mail. Goes to "tap here to launch TouchFlo." Previous versions did not do this?
14th September 2008, 10:17 AM |#721  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
after a quick play, when you click the task manager, it closes immediately.
installed the youtube cab, works fine, but when clicked on a video, you tube says "can not play this video".

google map still not working.
when click "launch browser" nothing happen
anyone know how to change the photo folder? i need to set it to my sd card.

Oh, i'm using trinity (dopod D810).

thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)