[Toolbar] [5th July] ╫oxic ╫oOlbar Soon!

Which component do you think should be removed from the toolbar?

• Search Bar

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Portal News

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • User CP

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Buddies

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Shout

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
---

With the intention to simplify everyday navigation and enable users to keep themselves updated even if they are on a separate page/site (and hopefully save time for new and old users alike), we would like to present a new and innovative browser-based toolbar for PCs -

This Update of the Toolbar has been rechristened the Asylum Edition, after the famous rom of the same name, as we celebrate 1000 installs (633 Active Users) of our toolbar as of June 3rd, 2012.

May not be too many, but we certainly aren't de-motivated!

toxictoolbar.jpeg

Features at a Glance:

UPDATE v3.0

Search Bar
Web Search, xda forums, Google Play, Galaxy Note Wallpapers

Email
Get realtime notifications of new mails that arrive to any of your email accounts.

Facebook
View your friends’ updates, messages, and photos. Update your profile, upload photos etc.

Twtter

xda News
Latest posts and videos from the main portal page of xda-developers.com

News Ticker
Important updates, news and announcements generated everyday.

User CP
Subscribed threads, Online Friends, Private Messages and Edit Options.

Forums
Realtime feeds of the latest activity across all forums and threads in Samsung GT-N7000.

ROMs
Quick Links to the most popular ROMs for your device.

Guides
The best of Guides and Stickies – all at one place!

Pin It!
The “Pin It” button lets you grab an image from any website and add it to one of your pin-boards on Pinterest.com

YouSendIt
Send large files easily and securely right from your browser.

eBay
Stay connected to your eBay account.

Deals on Amazon
Stay updated on the latest deals on Amazon.com. Find deals quickly, before they expire, and search Amazon.com​

Please Note:

• As is evident, there might be other issues too that are yet to crop up. We can only refine and improve upon them with increased participation from users.

• Presently, the toolbar is relevant only for users navigating regularly to Galaxy Note forums and threads. (You may still download it to satisfy your hurt ego of not having one for your phone model :cool:)

• The toolbar does not offer any new functionalities. Its purpose is to streamline and make more efficient the everyday user experience.

• The links gathered and listed under the Essentials and ROMs section may very well be incomplete, or astonishingly missing more important ones. Please bring them to our notice (send a PM) and we will have them up in no time.

• The toolbar might be least useful to you. Please help us by providing feedback as to what should be removed or added to better suit its purpose.

Last but not the least,

Special Thanks to

abhisahara for his wonderful support (and his infinite patience :rolleyes:)
Jaagte Raho!!!!

If you like the work, please consider a small donation here

:) A special thank you to all developers for being patient while guiding users.

Last edited:

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
A Few Tips for those confused -

1. The Forums Menu in your toolbar generates Live feeds at intervals of 5 minutes, as and when threads are updated. Be sure that you are logged into your account at xda. By doing so, the toolbar will automatically update itself and display newer/updated threads that you haven't marked read.

2. The toolbar works the same way on IE, Firefox and Chrome (though I would recommend Chrome as it looks classy on it). In case you are on smaller screens, the toolbar may not fit the complete width. You can either see the other menu labels by clicking on the arrow key that appears on the extreme right or you could use the option to Shrink Toolbar.

Hope the toolbar is helpful. Do revert with your feedback to help improve.

Cheers!

Last edited:

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
Thanks for bringing it out in its full awesomeness !! :) I see you have made some nice changes the last moment too. Sorry was sleeping the time you pinged :(
And glad to see that chrome has got a bit "seedha" :p

Cheers mate!! :)

JoshuaTumanda

Apr 2, 2012
Cebu City
joshuatumanda.com
very useful toolbar. cheers to your contribution!

Edit: @toxicthunder: Encountered unusual error, opening links from a third party app like skype. Error message popped-up: Google Crome is unresponsive. Relaunch now?

haven't encountered this error before i installed this toolbar.

Last edited:
Reactions: toxicthunder

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
very useful toolbar. cheers to your contribution!

Edit: @toxicthunder: Encountered unusual error, opening links from a third party app like skype. Error message popped-up: Google Crome is unresponsive. Relaunch now?

haven't encountered this error before i installed this toolbar.
Have been using chrome myself. Haven't yet seen the error you report.

Will look into it right away. Thank you for pointing it. :)

Nieylana

May 2, 2010
I would like to know where the files are installed to so I can uninstall it from my machine. It doesn't register in the add/remove programs, and the location of any uninstaller is not obvious. Any help?

For the record the toolbar is very nice, I installed it to try it out and I like it, however it isn't of much use to me until we can change the device it is for and thus would like to remove it from my machine and not just from Chrome's list of toolbars.

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
I would like to know where the files are installed to so I can uninstall it from my machine. It doesn't register in the add/remove programs, and the location of any uninstaller is not obvious. Any help?

For the record the toolbar is very nice, I installed it to try it out and I like it, however it isn't of much use to me until we can change the device it is for and thus would like to remove it from my machine and not just from Chrome's list of toolbars.
The toolbar is uninstalled just like any other add-on.

For Chrome, just right-click on the toolbar icon (where you have rest of your add-on icons) and select remove.

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
I admit that it's a good idea, but it needs more work.

It is beatiful but it significantly slows down the loading of the pages.

So I unistalled it, a few minutes after I installed it.
well yes, i do admit it has its shortcomings.

primary reason for this is that I don't have access to the xda user database and hence had to rely on the session cookies for certain features. this is why the toolbar has to refresh itself each time you load a page.

edit: it slows down page loading. but not as significantly as you say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---

With the intention to simplify everyday navigation and enable users to keep themselves updated even if they are on a separate page/site (and hopefully save time for new and old users alike), we would like to present a new and innovative browser-based toolbar for PCs -

This Update of the Toolbar has been rechristened the Asylum Edition, after the famous rom of the same name, as we celebrate 1000 installs (633 Active Users) of our toolbar as of June 3rd, 2012.

May not be too many, but we certainly aren't de-motivated!

toxictoolbar.jpeg

Features at a Glance:

UPDATE v3.0

Search Bar
    Web Search, xda forums, Google Play, Galaxy Note Wallpapers

Email
    Get realtime notifications of new mails that arrive to any of your email accounts.

Facebook
    View your friends’ updates, messages, and photos. Update your profile, upload photos etc.

Twtter

xda News
    Latest posts and videos from the main portal page of xda-developers.com

News Ticker
    Important updates, news and announcements generated everyday.

User CP
    Subscribed threads, Online Friends, Private Messages and Edit Options.

Forums
    Realtime feeds of the latest activity across all forums and threads in Samsung GT-N7000.

ROMs
    Quick Links to the most popular ROMs for your device.

Guides
    The best of Guides and Stickies – all at one place!

Pin It!
    The “Pin It” button lets you grab an image from any website and add it to one of your pin-boards on Pinterest.com

YouSendIt
    Send large files easily and securely right from your browser.

eBay
    Stay connected to your eBay account.

Deals on Amazon
    Stay updated on the latest deals on Amazon.com. Find deals quickly, before they expire, and search Amazon.com​

Please Note:

• As is evident, there might be other issues too that are yet to crop up. We can only refine and improve upon them with increased participation from users.

• Presently, the toolbar is relevant only for users navigating regularly to Galaxy Note forums and threads. (You may still download it to satisfy your hurt ego of not having one for your phone model :cool:)

• The toolbar does not offer any new functionalities. Its purpose is to streamline and make more efficient the everyday user experience.

• The links gathered and listed under the Essentials and ROMs section may very well be incomplete, or astonishingly missing more important ones. Please bring them to our notice (send a PM) and we will have them up in no time.

• The toolbar might be least useful to you. Please help us by providing feedback as to what should be removed or added to better suit its purpose.

Last but not the least,

Special Thanks to

abhisahara for his wonderful support (and his infinite patience :rolleyes:)
    Jaagte Raho!!!!

If you like the work, please consider a small donation here

:) A special thank you to all developers for being patient while guiding users.
    This looks really interesting, thanks for your contribution. Sticky!

Peace!
    A Few Tips for those confused -

1. The Forums Menu in your toolbar generates Live feeds at intervals of 5 minutes, as and when threads are updated. Be sure that you are logged into your account at xda. By doing so, the toolbar will automatically update itself and display newer/updated threads that you haven't marked read.

2. The toolbar works the same way on IE, Firefox and Chrome (though I would recommend Chrome as it looks classy on it). In case you are on smaller screens, the toolbar may not fit the complete width. You can either see the other menu labels by clicking on the arrow key that appears on the extreme right or you could use the option to Shrink Toolbar.

Hope the toolbar is helpful. Do revert with your feedback to help improve.

Cheers!
    Very useful!

Thanks! :)