[Q] Am I bricked? :(

Search This thread

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
:) you're too kind, bro.

I think sf threw you off because he wasn't even on the field yet. :)

Once he's with the program, his arse is yours. :D

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

sfgiants2010

May 20, 2012
Hm...so this is what I'm doing: I double click the file. It opens up to Heimdall. I connect my phone in download mode and it says connected in green. Then I hit flash initially when flash bootloaders is still unselectable. Before I had dinner (left after my last post), it was finishing that and failing the first time through. Then I would check the flash bootloaders box and hit flash again. Then it would start up and prompt me to format the USB drivers for the phone. So then after I did that and the driver was winUSB, it just stopped doing anything.
Now after dinner and disconnecting it and restarting without flash bootloaders, it just gets to the driver formatting for the USB slots. So after I format it again just does nothing. And the bottom says "done." Not sure why it's stuck there. I'm so lost :( Still really appreciating the feedback haha. I can't try a different computer as this is the only Windows machine in my house. This is actually the only USB port that connects even. So what should I do? Something else? Thanks!

sfgiants2010

May 20, 2012
I'm stuck ...you say driver formating USB?
Does the zidig open to ask for drivers...and you select options/all usb devices...then you click the install button...?

Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing. And then it just stops running and says "done" at the bottom. I clicked details and this is what was in there:

Device not connected.Ready for flash.FLASH ROUTINE INITIATED!!!!<SUPER LONG LINE HERE>
###executing: C:\Users\devinb\AppData\Local\Temp\devinbHeimdallOneClick1A7A2564\\Elevate.exe###Response from command "C:\Users\devinb\AppData\Local\Temp\devinbHeimdallOneClick1A7A2564\\Elevate.exe":nullnullHeimdall v1.3.1, Copyright (c) 2010-2011, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
http://www.glassechidna.com.au
This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.
If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/donate/
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12
Device not connected.

So it looks like it disconnects or something after the drivers? Not sure what's supposed to be happening though so I don't know if that helps. Anything else I can try?

sfgiants2010

May 20, 2012
Okay, I just uninstalled the extra crap I had t ried. Give me a few minutes, about to reboot and try again. I'll post on here after how it goes. Thanks again!

sfgiants2010

May 20, 2012
Okay so I rebooted and clicked on the one-click again. This time, very different process. First it had me install MSVC+ and then the USB formatting drivers. Then when I was done with that and closed the driver window, the heimdall client itself opened up I hit flash. The first one failed like all the guides said it should have. Then I went ahead and checked the flash bootloaders box and flashed one more time. It got to "Initialising protocol" and has stalled I think. The bottom right corner says "done" and nothing is happening. My phone is still in download mode, showing the yellow triangle with an android sweeping up and it says "Downloading". I'm trying my best to provide you guys with as many details as possible. What would you recommend I do now? :O

EDIT: This is what the details part of it said near the bottom:

Checking if protocol is initialised...
Protocol is not initialised.
Initialising protocol...
ERROR: Failed to initialise protocol!

Last edited:

sfgiants2010

May 20, 2012
Also, my phone in download mode says the following in the top left corner in white font:
Custom binary download: no
Current binary: Samsung official

Don't know if that makes a difference...

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Did you do a fresh download of the one click?
Sometimes that helps....i provided you with some links the one click to stock and then the one click to cwm.

You should be using the one click to stock only right now...

The binary info is ok, that what it should say...

Also updating you java program...that link is in the op of qkster...to updated your windows java program...do that also...k

sfgiants2010

May 20, 2012
Alright yeah I'll try a fresh install/dl of the one-click when I get home from work tonight. Yeah I'm using the one-click back to stock. The large - something like 180 MB - file. Sadly my Java is updated already.

sfgiants2010

May 20, 2012
So I stopped by the AT&T Device Support Center today on my way back from work...and I managed to convince them that I was just upgrading to Gingerbread when my phone stopped turning on. So they recovered it for me lol. I really appreciate all of your guys' help though, good to know there's Android super heroes out there :p

I do have one last question though, I have a strong desire to get a good stable Gingerbread ROM on my phone still...I am now their distributed Froyo version (UCKH1). Is there an easy way to get to a good stable Gingerbread ROM? I don't want to f*** it all up again. Something that is immune to my lack of luck? Haha

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
So I stopped by the AT&T Device Support Center today on my way back from work...and I managed to convince them that I was just upgrading to Gingerbread when my phone stopped turning on. So they recovered it for me lol. I really appreciate all of your guys' help though, good to know there's Android super heroes out there :p

I do have one last question though, I have a strong desire to get a good stable Gingerbread ROM on my phone still...I am now their distributed Froyo version (UCKH1). Is there an easy way to get to a good stable Gingerbread ROM? I don't want to f*** it all up again. Something that is immune to my lack of luck? Haha

lol...stick with froyo. :)
jk...try odin?
jscott30 has a few great ones.

Reactions: Zen Arcade

Deputy13

May 12, 2012
Charlotte
why dont you just download Kies Mini and install the Gingerbread download from there and it will update your phone automatically... then see how you like it, then start by putting on some of JScotts stock roms. I run his third option as my DD and i love it. but with kies there isnt much room for error

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you do a fresh download of the one click?
    Sometimes that helps....i provided you with some links the one click to stock and then the one click to cwm.

You should be using the one click to stock only right now...

The binary info is ok, that what it should say...

Also updating you java program...that link is in the op of qkster...to updated your windows java program...do that also...k
    Some extra tips:

1. Try to reinstall Java Run time with the latest one.
    2. Turn off Anti Virus and Firewalls.
    3. Try on different PC and also use different USB cable.
    Yeah..that's where I wasn't sure what sf was doing.

the jar file is self executable. When you click on the jar file, there is a load up delay.
    Then should be be ready.
    You then hook up the phone.
    I've not seen in tar header file size error.
    Sf should not be trying to stick the 1-click file into heimdall front-end.

It's a single self executable jar file..the is no other dependencies...the only other situation I can think of is maybe putting the 1-click jar file onto a different PC and try running it there.
    Yeah..that's where I wasn't sure what sf was doing.
    the jar file is self executable. When you click on the jar file, there is a load up delay.
    Then should be be ready.
    You then hook up the phone.
    I've not seen in tar header file size error.
    Sf should not be trying to stick the 1-click file into heimdall front-end.
    It's a single self executable jar file..the is no other dependencies...the only other situation I can think of is maybe putting the 1-click jar file onto a different PC and try running it there.

that's when I started to question him on these other programs...due to the one clicker is self sustained as a exe...idk...but believe he log off...i will monitor and holler at you if required thank you...
    Oh man I had no idea...I was so mixed up by trying to educate myself with so many posts about using Heimdall. I thought I had to download Heimdall separately and attach the jar file or something. But okay so I ran the one-click. It failed the first time (expected) and then I checked the flash bootloaders box and hit flash again. Then it stopped at installing drivers and prompted me to install the drivers on the following prompt. So I did that and then it said installed drivers successfully and I hit close. Then nothing happens. So what do I do at this point? I'm probably being an idiot again but I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out. And I hope you realize I'm trying my best to not waste anyone's time.

The device status was a green Connected before I started by the way. At this point what I do? It seems to just break at the installing drivers part...?

Once the connected bar is on, you click flash. It should complete it's routine. the phone reboots. you should click on the boot loader box. you disconnect. let it finish. set it back into donwload mode and flash again.
    you can try different usb port or data cord or different pc