Post Reply Email Thread
23rd May 2012, 04:41 PM |#6081  
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevalB

Yes!!! Sounds good, waiting patiently.

That emphasis. Me likey. That Exchange bug is a deal breaker for me, so that is great news.

23rd May 2012, 04:43 PM |#6082  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos

That emphasis. Me likey. That Exchange bug is a deal breaker for me, so that is great news.

If you'd like a working Exchange build, go to FE10 DATA WIPE and then configure your Exchange account. After that, you can flash FE14 and FE16 NO DATA (no data wipe) and you will be good to go.
23rd May 2012, 04:51 PM |#6083  
Flag Houston, because I have a problem
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdcoastraised

Where did you hear that? Cause i'm fully aware of ota tests going on at this very moment, and the build isn't fe22. There are far more than 20 testers also. Current logs showing leads than 5% of test devices with any issues, but one issue remains, and a patch being put together for the exchange issue.

Sent using my Epic(ly) AMAZING SPH-D710 on the sometimes network Rocking Blu Kuban 1.0.3.3

I didn't say testers.... and from the quote below FE22 is out just like I said, and was going to be the OTA, but the OTA file killed some units so......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNumber5

http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-D710/FE22.rdf

Just as I said here it is with tons of fixes.... BUT if someone posts the OTA file that was created based off of this DO NOT use it!!!! Wait for the FE28/29 that should contain the OTA fix and the last remaining fixes. There may be a drop Friday, but it is doubtful.

I will say this the one guy I talked to said that it was a late night looking for the bricking issue and there is a chance they could fix it before Friday, IE why I said there may be a Friday release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reddragon72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reddragon72 Ad-Free
23rd May 2012, 04:58 PM |#6084  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 583

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72

I know some of you will say I told you so but.... ota testing was bad.. very bad... 4 of 20 devices bricked. So I'm getting told that ota has slipped by one week at least. So that means build fe22 would have been the ota till that happened. As TV stations always say " We are experiencing technical difficulties please stand by..."

To clarify this...in testing done over the weekend, there was a small "subtest" group which consisted of 20 devices. This group was put together STRICTLY for the propose of testing the emmc bug and fix. The devices were all programmed with the data known to have cause bricks when wiping. Of those 20, all but 6 also had the code patch to resolve that issue, so there was a possibility for 6 hard bricks, only 4 actually bricked, therefore, on the build currently being tested, the "emmc break issue" has been deemed "resolved"
Sent using my Epic(ly) AMAZING SPH-D710 on the sometimes network Rocking Blu Kuban 1.0.3.4!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thirdcoastraised For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thirdcoastraised Ad-Free
23rd May 2012, 05:04 PM |#6085  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Well there we go...so OTA should be coming soon, and hopefully a FE22 to hold us over until the OTA
23rd May 2012, 05:05 PM |#6086  
Flag Houston, because I have a problem
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:

To clarify this...in testing done over the weekend, there was a small "subtest" group which consisted of 20 devices. This group was put together STRICTLY for the propose of testing the emmc bug and fix. The devices were all programmed with the data known to have cause bricks when wiping. Of those 20, all but 6 also had the code patch to resolve that issue, so there was a possibility for 6 hard bricks, only 4 actually bricked, therefore, on the build currently being tested, the "emmc break issue" has been deemed "resolved"
Sent using my Epic(ly) AMAZING SPH-D710 on the sometimes network Rocking Blu Kuban 1.0.3.4!

All I know is I have been told to not use the FE22 OTA as the testing done on it showed bricked phones. This was not from the weekend, he was very assuring it was FE22. But he could be mistaken, I am just reporting what I have been told/warned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reddragon72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reddragon72 Ad-Free
23rd May 2012, 05:06 PM |#6087  
Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 8,731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As your clarification is rather detailed I'm wondering... did they happen to mention which way they resolved this? The only two ways that we know of at the moment was to patch the eMMC firmware to 0x25 or discover and use an alternate wipe method. I understand it might have to wait until they release but curiosity is getting the best of me. (If can't post here, can it be PMed instead? Might be able)

In case they're not following the other thread they should also be informed that the issue is being escalated inside Samsung as it affected more than just the E4GT.
23rd May 2012, 05:29 PM |#6088  
Thanks Meter: 7,242

More
Quote:

NEVERMIND, I misread the original quote.
23rd May 2012, 05:33 PM |#6089  
Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 8,731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

6 of 20 had a patch for the EMMC brick issue. 4 of those 6 bricked. "emmc brick issue" deemed "resolved". I think the numbers in each category must have been written wrong or there is some logic flaw.

If I'm reading that correctly, 14/20 (all but 6) had the fix - and out of those 6 that didn't 4 bricked.
23rd May 2012, 05:34 PM |#6090  
Thanks Meter: 7,242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

If I'm reading that correctly, 14/20 (all but 6) had the fix - and out of those 6 that didn't 4 bricked.

Ah yes, I undid the "all but"
23rd May 2012, 05:45 PM |#6091  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:

So do we know which build has the fix in it? Is it FE22? Or a later unpublished build we haven't seen?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anarchy, ascertion is sexy, blabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, et4g, ff18, ice cream sandwich, ics, leak, lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, sprint epic 4g touch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)