233 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By generic.imitation, Senior Member on 2nd August 2010, 01:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2012, 06:11 AM |#121  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 190

More
does anyone have task like Child Lock app.

the process look like this...
1. toggle profile via widget
2. child lock profile ON, display 'kid menu' with all kid apps
3. after finish play kid app, display again 'kid menu'
4. 'kid menu' got unlock action with password screen
5. if cancel, return back to 'kid menu'
6. correct password, exit 'kid menu' and child lock profile OFF

i try to create but stuck at number 3.....

hope someone share their task about this. TQ

23rd May 2012, 09:07 PM |#122  
Flag Provo
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Question
I'm still new here I've tried to find this answer a few ways I even looked at the tasker wiki guide. Here is the problem:

So I always forget to turn my wifi off when I leave my house, work, school, friends, apartments, etc. I've figured out the logic to get tasker to do what I want but I can't figure out how to do it.

Profile:

Conditions: Wifi is on - Wifi is not connected to any saved network

Task: Wait 2 minutes - recheck - If conditions are still true then Turn off wifi.

I've searched through the tasker options a dozen times but I can't seem to find a way to do this. Anyone have an idea? I'd rather not enter specific SSIDs because I use so many different ones frequently
24th May 2012, 02:01 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The McMurder

I'm still new here I've tried to find this answer a few ways I even looked at the tasker wiki guide. Here is the problem:

So I always forget to turn my wifi off when I leave my house, work, school, friends, apartments, etc. I've figured out the logic to get tasker to do what I want but I can't figure out how to do it.

Profile:

Conditions: Wifi is on - Wifi is not connected to any saved network

Task: Wait 2 minutes - recheck - If conditions are still true then Turn off wifi.

I've searched through the tasker options a dozen times but I can't seem to find a way to do this. Anyone have an idea? I'd rather not enter specific SSIDs because I use so many different ones frequently

Not sure if I get the problem correctly, but there's a WiFi Connected trigger in State -> Net. Invert it to make it WiFI NOT connected. Doesnt require an ssid to be entered

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Here is what I currently use Tasker for.

Profiles:

Outside
Trigger:
WiFi not connected to home WiFi

Actions:
Notify of any todo items matching "shopping" list.
Max screen brightness
Write "*Myname* is not home (since %TIME)" to status.txt. This file is then synced to dropbox using dropsync, where a range of family members have access to it.

Help
Trigger:
incoming SMS with code word

Actions:
Max media volume
Play pre-recorded message from me with info + asks for audio reply from anyone who has the phone
Record audio
Activate GPS location profile
Wait a few dozen seconds
Stop audio recording (the file is then synced to dropbox)
Get location
Write location + other things to a file (then synced to dropbox)
Play new audio recording from me
Deactivate GPS profile
Run dropsync (in case it didnt run automatically due to battery level before)

Sleep mode
Trigger:
%Sleepmode ~ on (%Sleepmode set by invisible icon+popup on homescreen)

Actions:
Write "*Myname* has been sleeping since %TIME" to status.txt
Display brightness 10%
Alarm volume max
Variable set %Lastsleep to "SM is on"
Make Your Clock Variable plugin. SLEEP = %Lastsleep
Variable set %Smactivation to %TIMES
Perform Task "Screen off" -> turns off my PC screens remotely (not my phone screen)

Exit actions:
Write "*Myname* is home" to status.txt
Variable Set %Lastsleep to "LS %TIME"
Make Your Clock Variable plugin. SLEEP = %Lastsleep
Variable set %Smduration to (%TIMES - %Smactivation)/3600
Flash "You slept for %Smduration hours"
Perform task "Screen on" -> turns on my PC screens remotely (not my phone screen)

My clock widget has a few small pieces of text that it pulls from Tasker, one of them being its SLEEP variable, which displays the last time Sleep Mode was deactivated or that it's currently on.
When sleep mode turns on, my phone screen dims, my PC screens turn off. When it's deactivated, my phone lights back up, PC screens turn on, and it displays a message saying how long I slept. With my random sleep cycles, I actually need to know that, and when I last slept xD

No Dad
My dad has a tendency to always call when I'm asleep. Never fails. Doesn't matter if I sleep during the day or at night, he will manage to hit that window right on the head every single time. hence why he's "singled out" for this profile.

Trigger:
Phone Ringing, "dad"
%Sleepmode ~ on

Actions
End call
Read Paragraph 1 from "status.txt" to %Sleepstatus
Send SMS to "dad", message "This is Myname's phone. %Sleepstatus, so he can't take your call."

I also have some much more complicated tasks that have close to 100 individual actions. Those are however work related and not relevant for anyone here
The Following User Says Thank You to Cptnodegard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cptnodegard Ad-Free
24th May 2012, 06:15 PM |#124  
Flag Provo

More
recheck
Another silly question. How do I recheck profile conditions in the middle of a task?
24th May 2012, 08:22 PM |#125  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The McMurder

Another silly question. How do I recheck profile conditions in the middle of a task?

I can think of a hundred ways to do this depending on what you want to recheck, but I assume it's the state of the WiFi. I think the simplest thing would be to create a profile that has "wifi not connected" as the trigger, Set Variable %Wifistatus To disconnected (you can name the variable and value whatever you want) as the enter task, and Set Variable %Wifistatus To connected as the exit task. Then create a new profile which has Variable Value as the trigger, %Wifistatus (matches) disconnected. The task should then first be Wait (for as long as you want to wait, 2 minutes was what you said in the other post) and then you add task WiFi Set: Off, check If, and enter %Wifistatus (matches) disconnected

Basically this uses a variable to create a "wifi disconnected" state that can be used by any action. When WiFI is first disconnected, the timer starts, and if WiFi is still disconnected when it finishes, WiFi is turned off.

I use the same method myself in order to have multiple profiles and individual tasks trigger off the same event, in my case my sleep mode profile which doesn't just run the sleep mode enter/exit tasks but also controls whether or not my "no dad" profile is active
The Following User Says Thank You to Cptnodegard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cptnodegard Ad-Free
25th May 2012, 07:23 PM |#126  
Flag Provo

More
Trouble again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard

I can think of a hundred ways to do this depending on what you want to recheck, but I assume it's the state of the WiFi. I think the simplest thing would be to create a profile that has "wifi not connected" as the trigger, Set Variable %Wifistatus To disconnected (you can name the variable and value whatever you want) as the enter task, and Set Variable %Wifistatus To connected as the exit task. Then create a new profile which has Variable Value as the trigger, %Wifistatus (matches) disconnected. The task should then first be Wait (for as long as you want to wait, 2 minutes was what you said in the other post) and then you add task WiFi Set: Off, check If, and enter %Wifistatus (matches) disconnected

Basically this uses a variable to create a "wifi disconnected" state that can be used by any action. When WiFI is first disconnected, the timer starts, and if WiFi is still disconnected when it finishes, WiFi is turned off.

I use the same method myself in order to have multiple profiles and individual tasks trigger off the same event, in my case my sleep mode profile which doesn't just run the sleep mode enter/exit tasks but also controls whether or not my "no dad" profile is active

First off I want to thank you again for all your help. Now I have a new problem. Everything appears to be set up correctly. It works well. The problem now I'd that when i try to turn wifi back on the task seems to skip waiting for 2 minutes. So both tasks run at the same time.

Meaning when my variable wifistatus is set to "connected" it's a milisecond too late and my wifi has already been disconnected by the task to turn it off.

thoughts? I've taken a few screenshots. But I can't attach links yet... sigh.

Link1: h-ttps://ww-w.dropbox.com/s/hb9yctwr2tpuo13/2012-05-25%2011.14.58.png (remove the first two "-")

Link2: h-ttps://ww-w.dropbox.com/s/5csptndc1ozgv27/2012-05-25%2011.11.36.png (remove the frist two "-")
25th May 2012, 09:29 PM |#127  
Flag Provo

More
Solved
So I finally figured it out. I had to use an additional condition (variable) to force the task to end and turn the wifi off in an exit task. That way the task wasn't running when I tried to turn on wifi later. Now I can walk out of any wifi area I'm connected to and my phone will turn wifi off automagically! Thanks for your help!

I also use tasker to nag me to take my allergy medicine and remind me to log calories consumed.
2nd June 2012, 05:22 PM |#128  
Flag Provo

More
Multicolored notifications
I've been using Tasker to run the Notification light on my phone. I think it is quite nifty. The problem I'm running into is that I'd like to make some notifications multicolored. So when I get an email for example the light flashes Red, then Blue, then Red, then blue and so on until I look at it. What's happening now is that I'm getting the first color and that is it. The other colors "Run" but they don't show up at all.
2nd June 2012, 07:15 PM |#129  

More
what device is it?5
14th June 2012, 06:52 AM |#130  
Flag Provo

More
phone type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard

what device is it?5

Galaxy nexus GSM
6th July 2012, 02:29 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Question
ive used tasker for basic things (turn wifi on/off, set volumes, etc) but need some help doing a few things that are beyond clicking on one of the pre-made actions in tasker. i am using this in conjunction with nfc task launcher on my galaxy nexus.

i know how to have tasker open an app automatically but is there a way to have it do things within that app. for example, one of the nfc tag ideas i read was using it to automatically start a timer for when you are doing the laundry or cooking. i have an app called stopwatch/timer. is there a way to have tasker open that app and start a timer?

thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)