Protector for chrome on camera

Search This thread

mmian

Mar 29, 2011
is there any type of screen protector material for the chrome on the camera? I hear it gets scratched very easily

waltah!

May 29, 2009
AT&T will sell the Zagg full body at least. I'm going to try to cut out a custom fit from reg screen protector.

Reactions: BillyBoy74

uptempo777

Jun 22, 2008
That's a pretty small piece to protect. Knowing Zagg, it'll be $10 + shipping for just that piece.

Alternatively, you can get a silicon skin for the whole phone which I heard fits pretty snug and doesn't add a lot of bulk.

937dytboi

Jul 30, 2007
Dayton, Ohio
I just bought the gel case and it keeps the back of the phone off the objects you lay it on

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

sayonical

Dec 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
People just cut out a piece of clear packaging tape and put it over then chrome! I did just that :p

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

keti2

Apr 12, 2012
I used Incipio case and so far the chrome hasn't been scratched even though it's not completely covered.

ddelong22

Jun 27, 2011
Glassboro
web.me.com
I bought the skinomi carbon fiber full body screen protector. It protects every part of the phone including the chrome. Got if from amazon. Might be something to consider.

JonnieLasVegas

Jun 16, 2010
Las Vegas
That's a pretty small piece to protect. Knowing Zagg, it'll be $10 + shipping for just that piece.

Alternatively, you can get a silicon skin for the whole phone which I heard fits pretty snug and doesn't add a lot of bulk.
I got the full body protector from Zagg for $9 + s&h, off of Amazon. I also have & love the silicon skin, can barely tell it's there.

Sent from my Kick Ass Lil Radar using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
The store employees repeatedly offered me a "cleaning pad" that stuck to the back side of the phone. They put it on the camera metal. They would come take it off to wipe the screen and then just replace it on the back over the camera metal again.

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
I just got the Skinomi carbon fiber full body screen protector, and slapped it on. It looks good, but the quality of the clear screen protector is pretty bad. Not as noticeable when the phone is on, but could be much better. The warranty is lifetime, so I might get another. The carbon look parts look really good, and should protect against normal use.

. Ps, the clear screen protector hadn't dried yet. Now it looks fine. The carbon look is pretty cool..

Last edited:

DavidC1980

May 28, 2009
The guys on this thread who have the Skinomi full body protectors, can you post some photos of it applied to the phone?

I'm in the UK and have a white 900,so I want to see which bits of the phone don't get covered by the skin as the bright white would be very noticable if there are fitment gaps.

I'm actually on my 2nd handset in a week as the buttons on the first one were loose and rattly. However, on that first handset the camera chrome got scuffed in just 2 days even though I kept the phone wrapped in a screen cleaning cloth. I've left the OEM protective film on my new one until I have something permanent, just like the OP has asked for.

As selection of colours for a chrome protector would be cool too. Hopefully someone will come up with this on eBay before long :) In the meantime I'll cut up a 'generic' screen protector into a make-shift skin for the chrome.

dfkd

Jan 30, 2009
IGG full body protector also covers the chrome on the camera. The only cutout on the back cover is for the camera lens hole and the LED flash hole.

I'm using mine under the black cover so the shiny look isn't a bother for me. Just looking to protect the back from being scratched by the case (or debris that gets between the OEM case and the phone body) which I've seen happen on an N9.

DavidC1980

May 28, 2009
I'm going to make one from a spare screen protector I have. I've just checked an the camera hole is the same size as you get from a hole-punch....so I've got a screen protecter here with me in the office today :)

DavidC1980

May 28, 2009
Here's my temporary solution, a Nokia cover, a strip of electrical tape and a hole punch.

I'll try to get a decent one cut out so that I don't need to cover it up with the bumper. I may also see if a printing company I've worked with in the past would be able to knock up a few sheets of clear, single-coloured and maybe patterns or designs. Chances are it'll be too expensive, but it can't hurt to ask the question.

Attachments

• Photo0004.jpg
    Photo0004.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT&T will sell the Zagg full body at least. I'm going to try to cut out a custom fit from reg screen protector.