1,484 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,173

By kallt_kaffe, Senior Member on 11th March 2012, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th May 2012, 08:47 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Remapping capslock
I generally map my capslock key to ctrl. However, this app doesn't seem to be giving me the option to remap capslock (or any modifier keys). The debug window reports capslock presses as scancode 58, but the "Customize keyboard mappings" window only goes up to keycode 53.

I am operating on a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet with the Lenovo keyboard folio and Android 3.1 (stock). I have the "Override special keys" option checked, but it is not clear that it is doing anything.
8th May 2012, 10:40 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samslembas

I generally map my capslock key to ctrl. However, this app doesn't seem to be giving me the option to remap capslock (or any modifier keys). The debug window reports capslock presses as scancode 58, but the "Customize keyboard mappings" window only goes up to keycode 53.

I am operating on a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet with the Lenovo keyboard folio and Android 3.1 (stock). I have the "Override special keys" option checked, but it is not clear that it is doing anything.

At the top of the list you can add a new keymapping. The list only shows the current mappings.
8th May 2012, 10:49 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmau

Hello, I am using External Keyboard Helper with a US-layout hardware keyboard and the default us-international logical layout, since I am used to this to write Italian accented letters like àèìòù. Unluckily it seems that apostrophe ' and double quote " do not work as dead keys. Is it a'fault of my keyboard, or there is something I am missing?

Hmm... you are right. ' and " normally are not combining characters but according to this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/m...ds/kbdusx.html they are on the US-international layout. I'll try to work something out for the next release.

Meanwhile you can do a custom layout and add ´ and ` to some keys. They should be combining by default. In fact you should be able to use they key left of "1" to add the grave accent to letters.
21st May 2012, 08:51 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
need help at ics problem with ekhp
Hi there.....
I'm using ekhp on my galaxy note,with a rapoo 6300 bt keyboard....
The keyboard have a stupid time out function after a not using time of 2 minutes or just less..........
On 2.3.6 it wasn't such a problem,cause the bluetooth driver and ekhp reconnect it just after awakening........

But now i change to ics and also Bt have changed.....:(
Every time if i want to use the keyboard,i have to pair it completely new......and if it powered of and i try to awake and reconnect,ekhp said "bluetooth keyboard connected",but the bluetooth symbol in task bar won't change to connect,then theinput selection board goes on but no connection......
And this again in 10 second periods.......

Just after pairing the keyboard completely new,i got connection again.......so what's going wrong?

Is it possible that ekhp have a problem with ics....today i will try to deinstall ekhp and look,what ics will do alone......

And maybe do it make sense to install the GB BT System Tools? Or is it dangerous about system crashes?

I really often need the external Keyboard and was so happy about Ekhp,but at the moment,it's unusable.......pls could you help me anyway.....?

Thx and greets from germany.....steff
23rd May 2012, 07:33 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey, bought pro (thanks for having a demo of this or I'd never have tried it) and was busy reconfiguring and testing my mappings. While testing one it seems to have gone into "select input method when run" mode. I've tried everything bar reinstalling. How do I get back to the settings again?
24th May 2012, 11:32 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Go to Menü, Speech and Input Settings, there are the whole Keyboards, also the external keyboard helper pro, and there klick at the settings, here you are....... :). Greetz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atonal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atonal Ad-Free
24th May 2012, 10:14 PM |#37  

More
I can't remap some keys
Hi guys,

Some days ago I buy a usb keyboard from noganet, right now I'm using it on my Titan 7005 (Android 2.1).
The keyboard has es_ES layout, alt gr is missing ... , with this apps I successfully remap the layout to es_ES and map one key as AltGr Key.

Right now my problem is with 3 keys, these keys launch an android function I don't use.
1- CapsLock: Launch Email Configuration.
2- Fn+Left Cursor: Android Home
3- Fn+Right Cursor: Lock Screen

I try to scan keys with debug function without success, there is any way to remap this keys ?

Thank you in advance.
Trungus
25th May 2012, 04:54 PM |#38  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atonal

Hi there.....
I'm using ekhp on my galaxy note,with a rapoo 6300 bt keyboard....
The keyboard have a stupid time out function after a not using time of 2 minutes or just less..........
On 2.3.6 it wasn't such a problem,cause the bluetooth driver and ekhp reconnect it just after awakening........

But now i change to ics and also Bt have changed.....:(
Every time if i want to use the keyboard,i have to pair it completely new......and if it powered of and i try to awake and reconnect,ekhp said "bluetooth keyboard connected",but the bluetooth symbol in task bar won't change to connect,then theinput selection board goes on but no connection......
And this again in 10 second periods.......

Just after pairing the keyboard completely new,i got connection again.......so what's going wrong?

Is it possible that ekhp have a problem with ics....today i will try to deinstall ekhp and look,what ics will do alone......

And maybe do it make sense to install the GB BT System Tools? Or is it dangerous about system crashes?

I really often need the external Keyboard and was so happy about Ekhp,but at the moment,it's unusable.......pls could you help me anyway.....?

Thx and greets from germany.....steff

EKHP has no effect on the Bluetooth pairing. That part will work exactly the same without EKHP installed.
27th May 2012, 07:58 PM |#39  

More
migrate custom from demo to pro? Arrow keys?
I used the demo version to see if this would work to remap an alphagrip keyboard (a game-controller-like kbd for which I make two shift keys to chord all characters on the back of the device) and was pleased that it nearly does. (I haven't yet figured out how to map arrows to alt-n, alt-h, alt-u, and (the hard one) alt-altgr, but otherwise it did what I wanted.)

I purchased the pro version through slideME: is there a way to migrate my demo mapping of custom 1 to the pro version?

Thanks.
30th May 2012, 09:44 AM |#40  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeyink

I used the demo version to see if this would work to remap an alphagrip keyboard (a game-controller-like kbd for which I make two shift keys to chord all characters on the back of the device) and was pleased that it nearly does. (I haven't yet figured out how to map arrows to alt-n, alt-h, alt-u, and (the hard one) alt-altgr, but otherwise it did what I wanted.)

I purchased the pro version through slideME: is there a way to migrate my demo mapping of custom 1 to the pro version?

Thanks.

Oops. Seems I have forgot to update SlideMe to version 3.4. Get the 3.4 version of the demo from Google Play and I will update SlideME ASAP. In 3.4 you can use the menu button to backup and restore custom layouts.

Actually I'm going to push the new 3.5 version and skip 3.4. Check in 30 minutes or so.
14th June 2012, 04:46 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am with v3.7 demo and isn't work with USB keyboard.
When I check at debugging - it shows me Device-ID 196613
Is this normal ?

My phone is Xperia NEO Android 2.3.4 build 4.0.2.A.0.42 Inteks core#12
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)