[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mainevent3405

Dec 1, 2008
Atlanta
Thanks TDJ! This will be my DD till official ICS is released! I'm so damn tired of flashing to achieve perfection lol. This rom is as close as it's gonna get, so here I will stay....until! :D

Reactions: seadogg615

defconoi

Oct 31, 2008
SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
www.android-unleashed.com
Flashed to ucle2 and people were telling me about phone buzzing and barely hearing me. The dialer in ucle2 froze a few times with google voice so I'm back to this one which has no issues. Just wish it was 4.0.4.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mainevent3405

Dec 1, 2008
Atlanta
Battery drain?

Something in this rom is killing my battery. Went to sleep with a full charge, woke up with 23% batt life remaining :eek:. Even had phone in sleep mode. Looked at the battery stats and AWAKE had a full line while everything else was barely nothing. Wasn't a rogue app as I have watchdog and nothing out of the ordinary was going on with any apps. Went back to Beta2 where I never had such battery drain issues :(

gear79

Mar 21, 2012
San Antonio
Been playing with this one for a few days now, had a random crash. Took out battery, rebooted, got stuck on black screen. Took out battery again, worked fine. One of the things I noticed most, and perhaps its just me or some of the incompatibility of other apps, but copy and paste stopped working. Some store apps specifiy for ICS but I cant find a working one.

catchmeu

Mar 19, 2008
Thanks TDJ! This will be my DD till official ICS is released! I'm so damn tired of flashing to achieve perfection lol. This rom is as close as it's gonna get, so here I will stay....until! :D

Looks like the official updates are rolling. I got a notification as I woke up today. I don't intend to update though and will wait for Darkside's mix. Currently running Digital warfare 2.7

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:

tonebone

Mar 10, 2011
Pueblo, CO
Looks like the official updates are rolling. I got a notification as I woke up today. I don't intend to update though and will wait for Darkside's mix. Currently running Digital warfare 2.7

I read over in the ICS thread that you need to flash firmware before the update, but that is a royal pain in the ass... Restore back to stock, unroot, try to get kies to work, bla bla bla... is this really necessary or can I just wait until a darkside release with the official Tmobile ICS and flash it?

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
I read over in the ICS thread that you need to flash firmware before the update, but that is a royal pain in the ass... Restore back to stock, unroot, try to get kies to work, bla bla bla... is this really necessary or can I just wait until a darkside release with the official Tmobile ICS and flash it?

Or flash the Odin version...

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
First day wasn't the best for the battery but it got better the next day. I think a lot of it had to do with setting everything up, being used more than usual.

evanladoux

Jan 23, 2012
San Francisco
updated my recovery to the TWRP 2.1.2 as TDJ recommended in the other thread, very nice one. just one question, can I use the wipe cache option now in recovery or still need to use your wipe.cache.zip to do so?

WARNING - twrp has bricked too many phones & TDJ no longer recommends. See the 4,04 thread for further info.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Evo4eva

Jun 18, 2011
League City
This rom is great as a daily and I love it. The only complaint I have isn't really a huge deal, but it's going to the home screen it lags just a little bit. Is there a planned update for this? I read through the thread and didn't see anything about it, but I just skimmed so I could have missed it. Your work is awesome and I greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

ElectricBubble

Dec 3, 2011
Lethbridge
Dsp doesn't do anything at all.. and I will never include beats gimmick in my roms

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

I have really ****ty 5$ ear phones and i have noticed a massive difference. Iv have used dps for the virtualization effect (LOVE THIS EFFECT AND I WANT IT :) ). And is just sounds like complete and utter **** without beats. and im not saying it's a small difference one could possible make up in his mind.

I disabled it = Complete ****
On = Amazing Godly goodness (I Can Not stress Enough That DPS & Beats make's Room, Virtualization= Epic)
But i understand why you Doubt it Beats and Dps do nothing when they stand alone. M&S's Roms are the only ones that i actually noticed Beats working, it's something about files not being placed in the wrong place. I don't know how to get beats working with dps manager. For now im trying to learn the system so i can get it working.

It's ur rom and im not telling you to do anything. But maybe a Dev could help me get this working? Ill see if M&S can maybe help me.

Im Obviously 100% sure it work's you don't have to believe me. But could you help me?

Edit: Ps i think i have beats working but i wont be able to really tell till I can get dsp working.

Last edited:

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
I have really ****ty 5$ ear phones and i have noticed a massive difference. Iv have used dps for the virtualization effect (LOVE THIS EFFECT AND I WANT IT :) ). And is just sounds like complte and utter **** without beats. and im not saying it's a small difference one could possible make up in his mind.

I disabled it = Complete ****
On = Amazing Godly goodness (I Can Not stress Enough That DPS & Beats make's Room, Virtualization= Epic)
But i understand why you Doubt it Beats and Dps do nothing when they stand alone. M&S's Roms are the only ones that i actually noticed Beats working on it something about files not being placed in the wrong place. I don't know how to get beats working with dps manager. For now im trying to learn the system so i can get it working.

It's ur rom and im not telling you to do anything. But maybe a Dev could help me get this working? Ill see if M&S can maybe help me.

I have tested out of curiosity .. first just the dsp from cm9 with correct files and libs. It installed fine, nothing changed when adjusting the settings. I also installed the beats stuff with correct files in the correct locations, if anything it made the sound worse and system verrrry laggy. This is all tested with my 300$ beats studio headphones. So to me its all a gimmick and your messing with lib files that are compiled for our hardware/software. Its on you what u do. But nothing beats player pro with the dsp addon on rock with bass turned 3/4 the way up, amazing sound on my beats headphones

d03624bb-d49e-a051.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

** PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS **

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> TWRP RECOVERY 2.2.0 <<<

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINOR* visual changes
    • UVLH1 4.0.4 Based ROM (TMO-T989 Official)
    • 3.0.8 Stock Kernel w/ Modified ramdisk << Waiting on source...
    • NO ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed "BLOAT"
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Scrolling Wallpaper support
    • Fixed Gallery3D to support scrolling or static wallpapers w/ TW Launcher
    • Customizable 15 toggle quick panel (Thanks to @lengendk95)
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled SIP Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • Enabled "Stay Awake" in Development Settings
    • SGS2 International shutdown/boot animation
    • Removed AM/PM from status bar
    • Updated Framework
    • Updated Statusbar
    • Samsung Keyboard, Swype, and ICS stock Keyboard
    • Fixed ADB
    • Enabled statubar brightness slider thingy
    • Removed Exchange security policy
    • BLN support

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • WIFI CALLING
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Known Issues:
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Scroll down to the >>> MODS <<< section and read the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE description...

Pro Tips:
    • Coming soon...

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 [8.29.2012] [v0][/B]

* "Pre-Release" 
    [/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 v0 <<<
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    [8.29.2012]

md5: a4e9c5e0dcd059867e490c44b1dc6003

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-42-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-09.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-01.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-13-04.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-22.jpg

:: TW Launcher 5x4x4 MOD ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-12-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-26-00.jpg

Kernel Source [FOUND HERE]
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Tmo UVLE1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 2d4f9b49780c2181c476e8c075ee41eb

>>> Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 25b9d39fd866c5fe86d547d730ba2da8

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

>>> Volume Wake <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

Here is where I stand after a lot of thought on all this.. I am a firm believer in pushing the community forward. Innovation, creativity, and originality are the keys into doing this. I am definetly not happy with the way people act around here, especially some of the new "devs". There is no sense in not helping the community when I am able. I know that I can deliver a solid ROM based off the stock Samsung firmware. It will continue along the line of minimal ui changes and focus more on ux. Updates will not be as rapid and before, but development will be consistent until I am happy with where the project ends up. I will be moving in 2 days, so I don't think I will have anything ready for another week or so. This is not an eta, just letting you know where I am at... let's do the damn thing and show them that there feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE!
    If anyone is still interested.. Expect an update with the new UVLH1 android 4.0.4. NO ETA..

Taking requests for things people would like to see.. will not guarantee I will implement everything suggested.. but open for ideas
    I will be releasing v2 BETA01 tonight. V2 rebases of the uvcl8 t989 base and gives us back all functionality. Base is stable and screaming fast. Plus I know a lot of people will be happy to get wifi calling back... no exact time, but sometime tonight for sure. Still a few things that I have to do.. but I know u guys will be more than happy with my progress. To note, everything works within the rom