[ROM / GT-P7510] - Stock Rooted / No Mods / De-Odex'ed - HC 3.2 - HTJ85B.UEKMP

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
But to answer the question originally posted...

When I odin back to the latest MP stock it does indeed disable those apps so what you see in this ROM is technically correct.

The version prior to this, MM and ME had then apps visible do I really dont know at this point. If someone could post a stock MP nandroid of System we could compare but as it stands when I Odin they are gone sooo... Not sure if the Odin did not restore them right. I would need that stock dump to know for sure...

S

S0ckM0nk3y

Thanks for this my friend. Saves me some effort in extracting system.img and all. If and when I use this full credit will be given accordingly. Thanks again.

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
download won't start. Want this if I wanna go back to stock rom

Any other links?

Edit: nevermind, the download bar didn't show any progress but it finished.

Thanks!

Last edited:

raqball

Jun 21, 2010
New York
As the name implies this is a bone stock rooted ROM with the exception of root and busy and its de-odexed.

I also updated all the apps. So its not really bone stock but.. Close enough :)

This ROM has two purposes...

1. For someone that wants just that, a stock rooted ROM with no mods.

2. For others that want to dive into development or at least tinker around with there own custom ROM. This is a great base to work from! All the menial tasks such as rooting and de-odeodexing have been done for you.

Hope you find value in this!
Bam! Thanks for this Scott... Wanted to revert back to bone stock to test something out and didn't want to mess with ODIN...

Thanks man, you saved me mucho hassle... :)

SpaceSpeed

May 12, 2011
Places Unknown
Thanks for the work Scott... I've been playing around with different ROMs for my Tab and hadn't come across something that I liked significantly more than the stock ROM (even CleanROM sorry to say). I think ICS has a lot of potential, but its still too buggy for me at this point to use as a daily driver (until Sammy releases their code for ICS). So this HC 3.2 stock ROM was perfect, especially after uninstalling some of the unnecessary bloat.

So thanks! As chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel and hardy handshake to our new... Scrosler :rolleyes:

Last edited:

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas
No, they should be showing up. They are missing. I think when I de-odexed maybe something went wrong. I can fix this very easy.... Except... I cant get my tab to go to download mode. Any thoughts.

I got to the screen to select download or recovery. I select download and it just reboots :confused:

Ok, finally got into download mode via adb reboot download command. Strange I could not do it in the firmware. Eitherway... I should have the missing apps figured out soon.

I think this was a mistake on my part. Did some Googling regarding the SoundRecorder.apk, and it looks like, by default, it is not designed to be in the app tray and launch like a normal app, at least on the Gingerbread version. You can change the AndroidManifest.xml in the app to make it perform normally, I guess on all the system/app that aren't in the app tray. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1447342 post#9
I have another HC tablet, Lenovo K1. So, I was either used to seeing that app there or in my various Cyanogenmod Roms, and thought it used to be visible on the GT-P7510. My bad.
At any rate, I took the stock SoundRecorder.apk from the ROM in this thread and replaced the AndroidManifest.xml with the one from the SR.apk on my Lenovo K1 (which does have Sound Recorder in the app tray), and re-signed. Now SR is visible in app tray and launches from there. Uploaded here. Delete old version and push to system/app
It works for me, but I'm not so bright. So, make a backup first.

Attachments

• SoundRecorder.apk
    125.2 KB · Views: 15
  • SC20120320-224915.jpg
    SC20120320-224915.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the name implies this is a bone stock rooted ROM with the exception of root and busy and its de-odexed.

I also updated all the apps. So its not really bone stock but.. Close enough :)

This ROM has two purposes...

1. For someone that wants just that, a stock rooted ROM with no mods.

2. For others that want to dive into development or at least tinker around with there own custom ROM. This is a great base to work from! All the menial tasks such as rooting and de-odeodexing have been done for you.

Hope you find value in this!

-Scott

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)
    Reserved for possible future use...
    Yeah...he should make a mirror...but its not slow...it took about 3 minutes compared to like 2 from media fire.

No I'm having the same problem.... says 4 hours left going very slow.

Well, if a ROM takes him2 3 minutes and it takes me 2 minutes and yours is saying 4 hours... Its not a server issue. It's maybe the route the ISP is taking to the server. But its not the server.

I just checked again and I am hitting 2.5+ megabytes a second...

attachment.php

I am on a private dedicated server with no other sites and I have 100 Terabytes a month to burn on a gigbit connection. I will ask my server guy to take a look but if it was server issues then everyone would be seeing it.
    Slow downloads

There is no caps,throttleing,bottlenecks,clogs,boogers, etc that would cause the server to output slow downloads. People can download as fast as there internet will allow. I usually max out nearly max out my max download speed at my house and work which comes out to be about 1Mbs-1.5Mbs from the server when downloading files. Many users including me have reported downloading via 3g a rom in 30-45minutes. If you want a really technical explanation why you may be experiencing these issues I can give you one but from phone its a little hard to type. If you are experiencing download issues please email me at bpvarsity@gmail.com or even better fill out this forum http://www.androidfilehost.com/form.html

Thanks and sorry for the issues.
    And you should never under any circumstances post a public mirror of any of my work at any time. This is the only request that I make and its not a big request.

sorry..i though you said that you didn't want to do it...(but you didn't answer my question...why don't you want one?)

How do you confuse that with "I dont want to do it but you can?"

As well, I am in now way obligated to answer your question but I will... Its just what I want. The only "payment" I get out of this, besides a small random donation here or there, is watching my hit counter go up. Thats it. Thats how I justify to myself that what I am doing is worthwhile.

I spend a lot of time and money on this hobby so the least you can do is direct people to my site so I can say to myself the investment I made is worth it. Do you know how much vBulletin CMS cost alone? I could have bought another tablet :eek:

End of discussion time to talk about ROMS.

Reccomended full wipe. This comes with stock browser because its a stock rom.

Yes, I agree 100% with that!

-Scott