Galaxy Ace 2 Or Sony Xperia U?

Search This thread

Derzis

Apr 12, 2011
Samsung Ace 2 is better than Sony Xperia U

why are you telling him to buy Sony Xperia U when clearly Samsung Ace 2 is better?
Samsung Ace 2 has more ram and a microSD slot, Sony Xperia U doesn`t have a microSD and only 512 MB RAM

they both use the same NovaThor U8500 but Samsung underclocked it to 800MHz so it uses less battery

compare them here: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4437&idPhone2=4559#results

Last edited:
Reactions: komsa

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto

why are you telling him to buy Sony Xperia U when clearly Samsung Ace 2 is much better?
Samsung Ace 2 has more ram and a microSD slot, Sony Xperia U doesn`t have a microSD

they both use the same NovaThor U8500 but Samsung underclocked it to 800MHz so it uses less battery

compare them here: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4437&idPhone2=4559#results

Yes, it does not have a SD Slot. But if gonna buy a smartphone like this, you won't use much more space (4 GB for user, not total.)

And Sony wins with the specs and features of U.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

vnvman

Oct 31, 2009
Alba
The U is so amazing for a low end device, very good design and solid quality. The Ace 2 looks like an uninspiring piece of crap if you put it side by side with the Sony. It may have slightly better specs but man, at this price it's no night and day difference at all. I'd go for the U. The Lumia 610 will have a very hard time in this price range with that bad boy around.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Lizman

May 12, 2012

why are you telling him to buy Sony Xperia U when clearly Samsung Ace 2 is better?
Samsung Ace 2 has more ram and a microSD slot, Sony Xperia U doesn`t have a microSD and only 512 MB RAM

I'm Not Gonna Buy It I Just Wanted To Know
And Uh Btw... I Already Had My Answer Anyways

Lizman

May 12, 2012
The U is so amazing for a low end device, very good design and solid quality. The Ace 2 looks like an uninspiring piece of crap if you put it side by side with the Sony. It may have slightly better specs but man, at this price it's no night and day difference at all. I'd go for the U. The Lumia 610 will have a very hard time in this price range with that bad boy around.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

It's Not Low End
The Galaxy Mini/Apollo/Gio Is Low End
And For Me... Specs Are King Of The Hill

rodrigo9411

May 23, 2012
Guatemala
It depends

Well, both devices have their pros and disadvantages, the xperia U has a faster processor and a really good screen due to the bravia engine. What it's bad about it is the 4gb memory without sd card slot, so you need to think about it if you listen to a lot of music and take a lot of pictures. I'm not a big fan of samsung because the materials feel really cheap.

In my opinion, the xperia U is waaay much better, you can consider the Xperia P too :p

Last edited:

CuBE_

May 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is much better. The Xperia U is 100% plastic too so don't listen to these trolls.

In terms of specs Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 wins no contest. The Xperia U has an extremely laggy UI and browser which is very disappointing

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is much better. The Xperia U is 100% plastic too so don't listen to these trolls.

In terms of specs Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 wins no contest. The Xperia U has an extremely laggy UI and browser which is very disappointing

Are you serious? Timescape is way lighter than TouchWiz. It is plastic? And? I bet it feels better than Ace. Browser, wait a little until ICS. And the design? Sorry, the same design being used by over 2 years is better than something new every year? And I think you didn't see the awesomeness of the BRAVIA Engine and the colour changing Transparent Bar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia U. Transparent strip with manner colours and Sony. .. Win

Xperia U
    Flawless victory

If im not wrong Ace 2 will be a little bit more expensive than Xperia U

I got the Xperia U and i guess many ppl doesn`t know but the screen on the Xperia U is panoramic and compared to others 3.5" devices screen on U looks smaller, probably for a higher device panoramic screen is ok but on 3.5" is hard to get used to it. The other major disadvantage is the storage without sd card, the phone got 8gb, 2gb for the so, 2gb for apps and 4 gb for user data, if you use only 2-3gb for music then you barely got 1gb free, forget about heavy 1gb games, there is an option for OTG but then you have to bring a pen always with you and im not even sure if you can play well or even if is possible install the game on the pen.

I belive is medium range, and for me it looks like Sony capped the device if you want bigger screen and sd slot buy Xperia Sola then :rolleyes:

Also when you buy the phone from a telephony company, it comes with the bootloader blocked and you have to wait and probably pay until there is a way to unlock it.

I got some crazy offer and got Xperia U very cheap but Ace 2 is better imo, even though screen quality and cpu speed is better on the U