FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets!

820 posts
Thanks Meter: 676

By TaintedByte, Senior Member on 27th May 2012, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th May 2012, 08:08 AM |#21  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Of All

--snip--
Adding to the previous statement, making this stickied will almost guarantee people wont bork their NFC, and if they still do, at that point, its 100% their fault.
--snip--

You would be surprised, most people never see the stickies because they are using tapatalk or the xda app. The rest usually just glance over them.

So long as it doesn't get buried this would probably be the best place for it to get exposure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xHausx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xHausx Ad-Free

27th May 2012, 02:22 PM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,401

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxisreed

Here's my fix for the Google Wallet error after rooting the phone.

WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE TO UNROOT.

1. Unroot (available option in SU menu)
2. Head to your "manage apps" option in settings -> apps
3. Find Wallet and force stop, uninstall, and disable.
4. Find NFC in more connections dialog in settings. If unchecked, check it back on.
5. Go back to Wallet in manage apps, enable it then launch it.
6. Wallet will try to update itself from Google Play, once that happens, it should go through setup with you again, and you'll be fine.

I confirmed it worked at the 7-11 down my block.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE.

I flashed the RUU yesterday before anyone had mentioned ANYTHING about this. Your method just got my google wallet back! I got the "welcome to google wallet" email, and it appears to be working again... I'll test it later today at McDonalds.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwjoshdew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wwjoshdew Ad-Free
27th May 2012, 02:54 PM |#23  
Flag OKC
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Unhappy
I rooted and unrooted did both methods to a T and still remain "error downloading card", any ideas?
27th May 2012, 03:04 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wallet
It worked for me. I used the OTA root keeper method to get back root. Great tool!
27th May 2012, 03:17 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So it would seem as if I broke Google Wallet as well, having not read anything about this issue prior to rooting with zedomax's thread in Development.

I had setup GW prior to root, got my free $10, added a Citi card, and setup a PIN. Never went out anywhere to test it, but it wall all stock.

After rooting, when asked for root permissions, I subconsciously hit "grant". And noted the error about GW not being supported on the device.

After reading a few posts about the error itself, some said it still works just fine, while others said to get rid of the error, clear all data and DENY root. There didn't seem to be a definitive, universal way to get rid of the error and confirm the software still works.

In my tinkering with clearing cache/data & removing SuperSU's permissions for GW root, I must've caused the problem.

I'm already set to get a replacement from Best Buy as soon as one if available. And odds are I won't touch GW until after there is some more solid, concrete documentation on how to set it up after root/recovery/rom installs w/o trashing the NFC chip.

Seeing the age of the phone as <3 days - how many people that had this issue feel it *wasn't* from flashing a new ROM?
27th May 2012, 03:54 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 259

Donate to Me
More
Good **** here!! I'll have to remember this once I get flash happy and roms start popping Up. Thanks for the info!!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
27th May 2012, 04:16 PM |#27  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,074

Donate to Me
More
What if you nanded while it worked, then borked it. Could you restore?

Edit: also, can't we make direct copies of our partitions?

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?
27th May 2012, 04:44 PM |#28  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 1,060

More
Anyone getting unsupported device message?
27th May 2012, 05:03 PM |#29  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187

Anyone getting unsupported device message?

Yes but Google Wallet will still work. I just used it an hour ago at CVS. The unsupported device message is completely different than the secure element not responding message.
27th May 2012, 06:06 PM |#30  
Flag Strong Beach
Thanks Meter: 114

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHausx

You would be surprised, most people never see the stickies because they are using tapatalk or the xda app. The rest usually just glance over them.

So long as it doesn't get buried this would probably be the best place for it to get exposure.

"Google Wallet"

Going to test a ROM I was messing with for this Device, what I am worried about it that totally blew my mind if I read this correctly from the past post's but I had not saved it(arrrh!)

If you are using the GWallet, Restore using the RUU more than 3 times your WARRANTY will be voided? Since GW is using personal info and security risk's is involved towards the User as much as Google?

To put this short, you only have 3 chances of GW being reset? I am assuming? But thought I run this by you to help make any sense.. )
27th May 2012, 06:12 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Im still confused after reading all post. I have set up gw, and used already once, I was about to root now, but drivers did not load correctly so re doing that and sync.

Is there anything I should do before rooting. Do I have to do the steps above and then root, or just not root? Also should I do htc dev unlock online first aswell or after root?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, nfc, responding, secure, wallet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)