Why close the Zips Creamed Glacier thread

Search This thread
I

I2IEAILiiTY

Ooooo, you're about to get in trooooouble...
And cause he no longer has this old outdated hardware :D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I

I2IEAILiiTY

I honestly don't see why he'd continue to dev for this phone anyways esp. since he got a One S when it came out and then this old phone breaks.
Maybe it was a sign that its time to move on to greater things lol.

But really, if I were him and in his position, I know I wouldn't pay for this phone just to continue devving at no charge at all. He probably would continue if we, as a community, bought it for him or just donate one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

infraled

Dec 6, 2010
Orlando
Yeah I thought I might as well, I needed to get it moved over here anyway :)

I was more or less making the point that it might be nice to keep the original thread open as Zips 4.0.5 is still to me the most stable ICS ROM out there and perhaps those within the community would pick it up and keep it going much like he did.

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Yeah I thought I might as well, I needed to get it moved over here anyway :)

I was more or less making the point that it might be nice to keep the original thread open as Zips 4.0.5 is still to me the most stable ICS ROM out there and perhaps those within the community would pick it up and keep it going much like he did.

I agree someone should take over his thread just like he took over febs thread and continue his work till either he gets the device or hands it down to someone.

Sent from my ROOTIE TOOTIE FRESH 'N FRUITY GLACIER

infraled

Dec 6, 2010
Orlando
I am going to be learning java this summer but my programming experience is limited to a novice level in c right now. Would you guys recommend a decent book on Android architecture?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I

I2IEAILiiTY

I am going to be learning java this summer but my programming experience is limited to a novice level in c right now. Would you guys recommend a decent book on Android architecture?

Lol, I know nothing about that. My methods are more trial and error and a little bit of researching, lol.

Synthetic.Nightmare

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
No kidding. So just jump in and get your hands dirty approach huh?

Coming from someone who is currently working on compiling, that method has worked out quite well for me so far. If anything comes up that you feel you can't accomplish alone, just don't be afraid to ask. There are PLENTY of extremely helpful users here on xda that wouldn't mind helping.

Sent from my IceCreamSandwich'd Glacier with a Creamed-Coconut Kernel

Reactions: infraled

acolyte26

Jul 6, 2011
Kathmandu
I really loved Zips Rom. I am currently on Zips 4.03 . I think its a great rom but still has some issues. Since there are a lot of ICS Rom being developed, I don't know which one I should be following. Is there any particular Roms which you guys are using and following? I think the new Sense ROM looks good but the camera doesn't work. Any advice would be great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wrong section, senior member should know that! It's because he broke his Glacier, so he has no test builds and I doubt he would want to push out a ROM that doesn't boot! :p
    No kidding. So just jump in and get your hands dirty approach huh?

Coming from someone who is currently working on compiling, that method has worked out quite well for me so far. If anything comes up that you feel you can't accomplish alone, just don't be afraid to ask. There are PLENTY of extremely helpful users here on xda that wouldn't mind helping.

Sent from my IceCreamSandwich'd Glacier with a Creamed-Coconut Kernel