FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Runnymede S-OFF

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 306
 
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2012, 03:34 PM |#111  
nader1450's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 921
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshami

Yup, i myself downgraded to 1.25

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

how can downgrades hboot 1.28 to 1.25 ?!

please help
30th May 2012, 03:43 PM |#112  
MadCobbler's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,741
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nader1450

how can downgrades hboot 1.28 to 1.25 ?!

please help

Go here for instructions on how to go back to 1.25 hboot

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=60
The Following User Says Thank You to MadCobbler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MadCobbler Ad-Free
30th May 2012, 03:53 PM |#113  
fshami's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 987
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [vertigo]

Go here for instructions on how to go back to 1.25 hboot

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=60

Well this instruction will revert your hboot to 1.25 s-off BUT you'll still require 1.28 recovery..

i took backup of my device with 1.28 hboot / recovery, then downgraded hboot via the method mentioned by vertigo.. then flashed gb ruu, installed s-offed hboot with 1.25 recovery & restored the ICS ROM.

but becareful as u'll have to change vold.fstab as well incase u r downgrading from a complete ICS setup..
The Following User Says Thank You to fshami For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fshami Ad-Free
30th May 2012, 04:03 PM |#114  
MadCobbler's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,741
 
More
Yeah sorry, when I did it, I flashed GB RUU again straight after going back to old hboot and then started again....

Probably should've put that lol
The Following User Says Thank You to MadCobbler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MadCobbler Ad-Free
30th May 2012, 07:39 PM |#115  
seaskyways's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag beirut
Thanks Meter: 346
 
Donate to Me
More
So exactly , what should we have (recovery , hboot etc.. ) to achieve s-off , and can they be flashed seperately such as fastboot flash recovery , hboot ... ??
31st May 2012, 07:09 PM |#116  
Alex-V's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,265
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaskyways

So exactly , what should we have (recovery , hboot etc.. ) to achieve s-off , and can they be flashed seperately such as fastboot flash recovery , hboot ... ??

if you are on s-off ...you should do:

fastboot flash hboot xyzhboot.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

but not sure if it work if you flash a no s-off hboot...i only tried this in the past on desire (because of partition size change )

with kind regards
31st May 2012, 09:10 PM |#117  
Senior Member
Flag Burnham Market
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
How would I go about reverting back to complete stock to upgrade? I understand I can upgrade to official 4.0.3, and then downgrade back to hboot 25 and still use Cwm touch recovery?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
4th June 2012, 03:10 PM |#118  
Senior Member
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I have updated my phone with ICS 4.0.3 using OTA update, it is unrooted and bootloader locked. I tried to use your "Windows only" download file from post 1. There were lot of lines with yellow writing saying failed....looped device.... In the end it said Enjoy.
Sometimes it just get screen with phone and 3 green arrows, 2 in a circular pattern and after few seconds you get red triangle with exclamation mark.

I checked my phone and it is not rooted or S-off.

Could you please point out where I went wrong?

Also please make volume up,volume down and power button sequence simple i.e.

Does it need just pressing volume up button on its own, followed by volume down and power button together?
6th June 2012, 08:30 PM |#119  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,352
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlamba

I have updated my phone with ICS 4.0.3 using OTA update, it is unrooted and bootloader locked. I tried to use your "Windows only" download file from post 1. There were lot of lines with yellow writing saying failed....looped device.... In the end it said Enjoy.
Sometimes it just get screen with phone and 3 green arrows, 2 in a circular pattern and after few seconds you get red triangle with exclamation mark.

I checked my phone and it is not rooted or S-off.

Could you please point out where I went wrong?

Also please make volume up,volume down and power button sequence simple i.e.

Does it need just pressing volume up button on its own, followed by volume down and power button together?

You can't install any official updates or roms on any builds that have bootloader unlocked or rooted as sdcard mount doesn't work properly with official update. If bootloader unlocked need to relock and flash official ruu. If rooted need to unroot then flash official update

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
9th June 2012, 02:33 AM |#120  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi there. I have problems while doing S-OFF for my phone. I downloaded the tool and followed the instruction but finally my phone was stuck with a red triangle. I pressed POWER + VOLUME UP and I see there was recovery but after I rebooted the phone, it's still S-ON. Can anyone help me ? I've done this for 4 times.
9th June 2012, 09:06 AM |#121  
AndroHero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 911
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudemom377

Hi there. I have problems while doing S-OFF for my phone. I downloaded the tool and followed the instruction but finally my phone was stuck with a red triangle. I pressed POWER + VOLUME UP and I see there was recovery but after I rebooted the phone, it's still S-ON. Can anyone help me ? I've done this for 4 times.

The tool wouldnt work for me either, so i flashed modified hboot manually

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes