This is a detailed guide on how to properly flash Team Nocturnal's ROM onto your AT&T OR ROGERS HTC One X (One XL). Read carefully and follow it precisely and you should have no issues.
>> CLICK HERE >> for the Quick And Dirty Install Guide in the second post.
DISCLAIMER: I/we am/are not responsible for any damage and/or bricking done to any devices. This is a guide based on how I did this and many people have had success using the same method. I have personally only tested it with select ROMs by Team Nocturnal for the HTC One XL. It may or may not work with other ROMs! Ultimately, YMMV.
THIS GUIDE IS FOR ANY HTC ONE XL, ANY BASE UP TO AND INCLUDING 1.85 (NOT TESTED/CONFIRMED ON 1.88)! YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED AND BOOTLOADER-UNLOCKED!
If you are NOT rooted or BL-unlocked, please >> CLICK HERE >> and check out the FIRST 2 HEADINGS of that index and get that done before proceeding any further!
USUALLY with 1.85 pushing the "boot.img" is not required, however I've seen it fix some issues in the past even on 1.85, so do it, it's easy and it doesn't hurt! If you are on 1.85
and REALLY dont want to push boot.img, at step 4 instead of rebooting your phone stay in recovery and jump directly to step 7. ANY LOWER BASE MUST PUSH BOOT.IMG!!!
I was using the STOCK ROGERS 1.73 RUU, bootloader unlocked and rooted of course.
This guide assumes that you already have the AndroidSDK and HTC drivers installed as well as a FASTBOOT folder ready to use. You will have all of this this already from when you unlocked your bootloader through HTCdev or probably any other method.
If you are ONLY missing a FASTBOOT folder I put one together for you in a ZIP >> CLICK HERE >> just download and extract it to your computer before continuing further here.
If you are missing ANY MORE than the FASTBOOT folder, take a look at this great guide (for Windows - will post a good Mac/Linux one soon) >> CLICK HERE >> featured on Team Nocturnal's site. It is a very detailed guide that includes the tools you need. In addition to those, here is a link to the site where you can get HTC Sync >> CLICK HERE >> which you should download and install as well. You don't have to do much with it after, you just need it to be installed.
Also, please make sure you have CLOCKWORKMOD installed. If you don't, >> CLICK HERE >> and complete the process then come back here and continue.
1) Go to the OP (original post) of the ROM thread and click the download link, you'll get to Team Nocturnal's forum (if you are reading this on a forum other than Nocturnal's forum). Click the download link there (or here) again and wait for the redirect. Once there, look in "Stable_Rom" and download the latest version. Save this to your phone's storage somewhere you'll remember. <See Img 1a>
2) Go back to the main directory and click "boot_image" > "1.85.502.3_Modded_by_scrosler" > "boot.img" to download the boot file. Save this INTO YOUR FASTBOOT FOLDER! <See Img 1b>
Note: make sure to check the date of the "boot.img" file every time you're going to update to a new version of the ROM to see if it has been updated as well. If so, download it again each time. If not, you may use the previously downloaded version.
3) Power down your phone then power it back up by pressing VOL DOWN & PWR > once in BOOTLOADER use your volume keys to navigate to "RECOVERY" and press the PWR button to select it. Once in recovery, MAKE A BACKUP!!
4) Reboot your phone and then power down then back up into bootloader again (first part of Step 3) but this time in BOOTLOADER choose "FASTBOOT" > now plug your phone into your computer (rear port USB) and wait for "FASTBOOT" to change to "FASTBOOT USB" on the screen (should happen almost instantly). <See Img 2a>
5a) [Windows XP or older] *Assuming your FASTBOOT folder is in "X:\fastboot" - replace that with the actual path where you saved it*
Open a command prompt window:
Click Start > Run or Windows Key+R on your keyboard - a Run window will appear - type "cmd" (without the quotes) and click "Run"
Input the following lines, hitting "Enter" at the end of each:
5b) [Windows Vista and 7] Open your FASTBOOT folder, hold "Shift" on your keyboard and right-click any empty space > click "Open command window here", then simply type the following line and hit "Enter":
fastboot flash boot boot.img
6) Once complete (few seconds) highlight "BOOTLOADER" on your phone (VOL up/down) and select it (PWR button) to go to the main bootloader screen (don't reboot your phone) and choose "RECOVERY" and let it load. <See Img 2b>
fastboot flash boot boot.img
7) Tap "WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET"
8) Tap "WIPE CACHE PARTITION"
9) Tap "ADVANCED" then "WIPE DALVIK CACHE"
10) Tap "+++++Go Back+++++" and then "INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD"
11) Tap "CHOOSE ZIP FROM SDCARD"
12) Navigate to wherever you saved the ROM file in step 1, tap the file then tap "Yes - ..." to begin the installation.
13) Once Aroma Installer has opened, read and follow the on-screen prompts carefully and thoroughly to customize your phone if you choose that over the typical install - take some extra time with this.
Hint: For a better AOSP feel with all (or almost all) the theme elements and icons removed, make sure to choose both "Stock Sense Theme" AND "AOSP ICS Theme" from the "Custom Themes" section, this will remove the theme the ROM comes with then apply the AOSP theme. Worked for me. Also be careful to choose only one option in the other fields like "Font" and "Bootloader", I haven't tried selecting multiple ones but we wouldn't want any interference and issues because of something like that.
14) Wait for the nice shiny progress bar to load up then finish the install and reboot your phone (it will prompt you for this).
15) **ROGERS ONLY, SHOULD NOT BE REQUIRED FOR AT&T**
In case you have some issues on AT&T >> CLICK HERE >> for APN info, lots in there.
>> THESE >> settings may work for LTE, YMMV as I have no way of testing.
To set up the APN for Rogers, go into Settings > Mobile network > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN. You only need one, it will work for Data and MMS. Fill in the following fields LEAVE THE REST AS THEY ARE:
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302 (should already be there)
MNC: 720 (should already be there)
After verifying the above info, click Menu > Save and then click bubble beside the new "Rogers" APN in the list (make sure the little bubble is selected meaning it is active) and data should connect momentarily.
AND YOU'RE DONE!!!
This is exactly what I do every time and it works like a charm.
I'm not opposed to some thanks if I helped