Best Case Out There

Search This thread

DynamiteRave

Sep 21, 2011
Charleston
I wish I knew what my case was called! Anyway, the case I have is the hard plastic one from best buy and the like. I've dropped my phone about 30 times once from a height of 8 feet or so onto concrete. No scratches or anything.. the case is cracked however.

Zombies ate my Inspire

Ssssschwartz

Aug 2, 2011
I bought a case about 3 weeks into getting my phone and decided upon a Case Mate Barely there, despite having barely any knowledge of them prior.

I can say I have not been disappointed, there has not been any damage to my phone (Well actually just some damage from going to the beach and letting sand get behind the case and not cleaning it for a week and then finding it had scratched the coating just around the camera a little, but it's not a big deal and I learned a lesson just to shake out the case every once in a while)

I have literally threw the phone with the case on it at a wall, not on purpose, I sneezed and tripped over my sisters leg causing me to throw it at the wall 15 feet away.

They get a 5/5 from me.

Nylo

Aug 18, 2008
I just got a used Inspire that came with a Speck Candy Shell case in a lovely sewage gray.... :( For just a cover its not too bad. Hard to get on hard to get off, but the fit is nice and snug. I think I will eventually will look into an Otterbox Defender. I have one for my Tilt 2 and a Sammy Infuse and I swear by them.

Note: I have read a few reviews the Otterbox Defender for the Inspire/Desire has a bit of a habit of partially coming off while pulling it out of pockets, etc... The one I have for my Infuse seems to be made out of a hard rubber. Hence its a ***** to get on/off, but I do like the harder material. I think Otterbox did a due-over with a softer silicon base rubber. The catch is it does come off easier... I was also told is a hair puller. :eek:

2nd Note: I have dropped my Infuse on my concrete garage floor twice with no damage. Im 6.0' tall. :D

dylando808

Apr 3, 2012
Hawaii, USA
i've had my Inspire for just over a year and i've had like 5 different cases for it. i get bored extremely quickly.

here are the ones i had in the order i got them:
a generic silicone case (ordered when i got the phone)
a Casemate Pop! (white)
generic hard plastic case
a 2nd Casemate Pop! (black) first one broke after a fall.. :p phone was undamaged :D
and just recently a Casemate Barely There (white). i love how it adds almost no bulk! my current favorite!

so as you can see i kinda like Casemate.. lol! decent products at alright prices if you know where to look. but no matter what case i get, i always end up taking it off after a month because i like using the phone naked.. dangerous habit but oh well.

solocommand

Dec 27, 2011
Madison, WI
I have to swear by Otterbox. I'm currently using an Otterbox Communter for my personal phone, and an Otterbox Defender for my work phone. Cannot praise either of these cases enough. My work phone takes a bit more punishment than my personal phone, so the extra protection helps a bit.

badst33l

Apr 14, 2012
I bought an Otterbox Commuter and like it a lot. It doesn't add a whole lot of bulk and feels really sturdy. Haven't dropped the phone yet, but sure this case would hold up if I did.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

I have the same case and work outside and have dropped this phone so many times I've lost count, but it still works like a charm.:D

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

schinner16

May 10, 2011
Interested in the results. I'm skeptical because the gps units antenna is covered further which tends to degrade your gps reception and quality heavily.

I only recommend the case I use for our inspires on my agps patch thread.

But that stock photo looks neat....

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

I have had this case for over a year. Love it! It is very slim and looks good as you can tell. One nice thing about it is the grip that it adds with the textured sides, and the other really nice part is the fact that it makes it easier to hit the power/volume rocker.

Two thumbs up from me!

rressler95

Mar 28, 2012
I like the Otter Box Defender. It is a little on the bulky side at first, but you get used to it

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

schinner16

May 10, 2011
Yup I've had that tpu s-line case for a year now and I love it.

Just last week I left my phone on the roof of my car with ear buds plugged in. Forgot it up there and it fell off going 55 mph. The case got a little scuffed but the phone still works 100% and doesn't have a scratch!! The ear buds didn't fair so well...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

stl_Dik

May 31, 2012
Saint Louis
I have the $8 black fishbone case off eBay. Came with a nice screen protector... I just don't feel like spending 50 bucks on a name brand. I like the way it looks a feels too.

kennethsime

Jun 9, 2012
I bought the casemate (cm) one from AT&T when I picked up the phone, at the time it was the only one out so far. I've been really happy with it.

It's a two-part case (soft silicone, hard plastic) that's tightly fitting and unobtrusive. I actually just chipped it this week finally, one corner of the hard case is missing but it doesn't really effect it. I'm actually not sure how it happened, lol, I've dropped this things at least ten times from height in the past year and a half and it never broke. Importantly, the inner rubber lining comes out on top, kinda embedding the screen a bit so if it drops on its face the screen doesn't touch asphault/whatever (also helps you get a grip).

Anyway, they're $25 from casemate, I'm sure you could pick one up cheaper somewhere. Well worth the money.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Amazon has them for $8.01. Deal!

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
Ottorbox hands down. You can throw against a wall and not hurt the phone in the least bit. To top it all you can do it more than once.

fratermus

Jan 6, 2008
My used Inspire came with a Case-Mate Barely There, which could reasonably be called the Better Than Nothing. There is no front-protecting lip on this case and the front corners/edges of the phone were dinged up where the case left them exposed. It will prevent the phone from getting side/back scuffs but that's all I'd count on.

I bought a Case-Mate Tough which really suits my needs. Form-fitting, dual density (like my motorcycle armor), and very clean/plain, no needless bulk. Cased phone still fits easily in shirt pockets. Not as "g-shock" as the Otterbox, but it also lacks the bulk and $$$ of the 'box. This one was under $8 (shipped) off Amazon, still came with the $34.99 ATT sticker on the box. That's how they get ya.

Tested GPS reception using GPS status; no difference noted with either case compared to naked phone.

MrImSoGreat

Apr 16, 2012
Dallas, TX
I bought a case from Fry's that was pretty sturdy and had a nice grip to it. I forget the brand. It lasted me about 10 months... until my dog decided to gnaw it off of my phone and chew it. Looking for a new case now, I shall lurk through this thread.

devinelmore

Apr 8, 2012
I bought the otterbox shortly after I got my baby home... Yes it does add bulk but I kid u not... One day I dropped my phone while getting in to the car and didn't realize it till like 20 min later we had to drive back to find it and when we did it had tire tracks across the back... My heart sunk somebody (probably us) drove over my phone as it sat alone on the side of the road... I gathered myself enough courage to pick up what I thought for sure would be a completely shattered phone... My phone was and still is 100% unharmed!!! Otterbox saved my phones life!!!

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

PickledJaW

Dec 13, 2011
Springfield
I use the Fishbone cases you can buy off eBay. They are like 4 or 5 dollars and they work very well. They don't add a lot of bulk to the phone like the Otterboxes do.

evazion

Jul 16, 2012
Otter box commuter its not too bulky like the defender

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have this crappy Amazon $4 case, from eforcity crap.

Anyways, dropped it today in a urinal at school (whoops), and the case broke into the two pieces that it was. Pretty crappy case obviously.

Anyways, I have some money, want to get a better case since I'll have this phone for two years and so.

Case Mate Pop appeals to me, but I can't find any good comments here.

Case Mate Tough appeals too, but Pop is cooler.

Otterbox Defender is okay, too fat for my tastes.

Any other ideas? What are you using?
    Ewwww? Inside it? Anyway....

For protection: http://www.otterbox.com/htc-inspire-4g-cases/htc-inspire-4g-cases,default,sc.html

I wont buy a phone unless Otterboxes are available. Period. I always keep multiple cases, and this is what I buy for protection.

For the "barely there" factor: http://www.myincipio.com/HTC-Inspir...nspire-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

These are very nice and extremely thin, but offer no protection for drops and bumps, besides scratching from in-out of pocket, etc.
    These are better than the Caes-Mate barely there (imo). Nicer texture and quality.

You already know about the POP, so I wont go into depth there, but I prefer this to the POP: http://www.speckproducts.com/smart-phone-cases/htc-inspire-cases.html

They look way better to me (but scratch easy, but so would the POP) and come in a variety of colors. I have an Atrix, and they only make black which makes me so jealous of you guys :mad:. These offer a nice combo of the "Style" "Protection" and "Slimness".

I would go with this if you don't like the Otterbox, but want protection.

You have this for a nice protective silicone case: http://tridentcases.com/product_57_73.html

They are a new Otterbox-like brand but offer a variety of colors for EVERY phone. ;)

Most comparable to a Feather or Barely there: http://www.rearthusa.com/HTC-Inspire-4G_p_155.html

They are brand new and i'm sure if you asked, they would send you a free one in turn for a review. I love the combo of TPU and silicone with this case. I'm currently using it as my main for my Atrix (in true blue). It doesn't offer much protection, but looks great and doesn't attract lint like the Trident case would or other Silicone cases.

Lastly: http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/5493.htm

Just look through the 3 options they offer. One for protection, one for a combo of protection and style and one for just the thin factor. Seidio has great cases. I'd go with the Active Combo if you like the POP case ;)

I don't care much for Case-Mates hard cases. They aren't as nice as other options. I would buy a CandyShell or Active Combo over the POP, but that's just me :D

The rest of case-mate's offerings: http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-Inspire-4G-Cases/HTC-Inspire-4G-Cases.asp
    Good luck with your decision. Hope I helped.
    The speck candyshells they sell at ATT store are really nice. I'm using one and it makes the phone feel very secure.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
    MUST Check out :)

So I have spent literally a month searching for a nice case for the Inspire 4G, I'm so jealous of the iPhone having all the cool looking cases, there's barely any for any other phone...The barely there ones are nice, but tha'ts about it.

Then I stumbled upon this one:
    http://www.accstation.com/chtcdesisc06.html

I ordered it right away, loved the design, looks cool, translucent (they offer black too!) and was thrilled when I got it. It's great quality, not overly thick or bulky, the sides have a grip you have to try for yourself, and the cutouts are 99% acurate- covers the camera lens perfectly...the only thing that is a little tough to reach is the unlock/power button, but that's the phones fault- it is too recessed. The feel of it is great, and looks sharp! Best of all it's only $6.99 Definitely recommend it.
    So I have spent literally a month searching for a nice case for the Inspire 4G, I'm so jealous of the iPhone having all the cool looking cases, there's barely any for any other phone...The barely there ones are nice, but tha'ts about it.

I ordered it right away, loved the design, looks cool, translucent (they offer black too!) and was thrilled when I got it. It's great quality, not overly thick or bulky, the sides have a grip you have to try for yourself, and the cutouts are 99% acurate- covers the camera lens perfectly...the only thing that is a little tough to reach is the unlock/power button, but that's the phones fault- it is too recessed. The feel of it is great, and looks sharp! Best of all it's only $6.99 Definitely recommend it.

You can find these cases for 3 dollars on ebay! Just a suggestion.

I'm using the same case but the black version. Awesome case! I highly recommend this case!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App