White i9000 housing fit AT&T Galaxy S2?

Search This thread

itchy5

Jan 6, 2012
Denton
This is awesome, I'm definitely getting a white housing.

Another thing i was thinking you can do with this is get a black housing so we can use all of the cool battery mods for the i9100 (i.e. 2000mah battery + cover).

azn1684

Apr 23, 2012
I bought a "OEM" white case back and I was able to file down i9100 strap part to fit the i777 motherboard. I was about to get white battery cover on mine.

You can buy a white skin for the front to really complete the look!

ack154

Oct 17, 2011
www.allankintz.com
I did this today with my phone. Came out very nice actually. The left is new, the right is old....

It was a bit annoying to file down that piece (i dont own a dremel) but it turned out OK. I just used the razor of a box cutter. Very slowly.

The speaker stopped me for a min though. Didnt see an obvious way to pop it out and was a bit cautious about it. Popped out pretty easily though when I finally did it!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335481151568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335481151568.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 422
Reactions: javierationmex
O

Optimus-Prime

Im about to order mine, i saw my gf has one of those electric nail files, i sat there with the me gusta face once i saw i could use it for this. i wish they made knock off ones, i would really like a blue one.

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
I'm going to get the housing in black and then I'll be able to get the extended battery kit, that way the i9100 extended battery door can fit the the new housing. Finally a solution!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

javierationmex

Dec 31, 2008
Turlock
Pics!

I got it figured out. Decided it looks best with a mixture of black and white so I switched the back with the white housing and left the battery cover black. The only modification required is to get rid of the lanyard hole and to switch over the speaker. Not difficult at all since you can just pop the whole speaker thing out. It helped to view some videos of how to disassemble the phone on youtube.

Sorry about the pic quality...I took them with my old captivate

Attachments

• 10845.jpeg
    10845.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 10846.jpeg
    10846.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 238
  • 10847.jpeg
    10847.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 10848.jpeg
    10848.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 233

zxd3

Sep 6, 2010
Does someone have a guide on how to do this. I want to do this for mine to get the strap hole.

Thanks

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
Just out of curiosity, why does the front housing for the i9100 not work?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

ack154

Oct 17, 2011
www.allankintz.com
Just out of curiosity, why does the front housing for the i9100 not work?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Mostly b/c the i9100 has the one physical button at the bottom of the screen...

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Just to throw this out there, this video was very helpful for me in getting the speaker out of the back of the OEM casing. I was pretty sure I was going to break it - but after watching this guy get his out, I was a lot more comfortable prying mine out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4ddxiQeOY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

thanks for the pics, no offense, but those pics are terrible.
    you could've taken a screen shot or snap a pic with your webcam instead of taking a pic of your screen.

any possible way to get clearer pics? would love to see that color combo (white back and black front).

besides grinding off that notch, everything snaps into place?
    I did this today with my phone. Came out very nice actually. The left is new, the right is old....

It was a bit annoying to file down that piece (i dont own a dremel) but it turned out OK. I just used the razor of a box cutter. Very slowly.

The speaker stopped me for a min though. Didnt see an obvious way to pop it out and was a bit cautious about it. Popped out pretty easily though when I finally did it!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda premium
    Confused..what does the firmware have to do with the physical button :confused:

He is asking if you use the i9100 firmware or a Custom Rom would this make the physical button work and essentially convert your i777 into an international version (i9100). But i doubt that would work at all.
    I made a video on how to do it :)
    check it out :D
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1690500