[Update 27/11/08] [Patch Released] HTC Black Theme for 1.93 Rom (Portrait&Landscape)

Search This thread

rivit

Aug 26, 2008
[Update 27/11/08] [Patch Released] HTC Black Theme for 1.93 Rom (Portrait&Landscape)

Here is the HTC Black Theme working for Devices with 1.93.x Roms

Screenshots:

Instructions:

-Copy "*.theme" file to your Diamond
-Install using TF3D Config

-> Landscape Mode is basically only a feature of Touch Pro Devices (or until you patch your stock Diamonds) <-

Version 1.0 (No Landscape support)
Link:
not available

Version 1.1b (Landscape support)
- This Theme consumes also less space on my O² xda diamond then the previous Version
Link:
not available

NEW Version 1.2b (Landscape support)
-fixed some things (e.g weather tab/add...)

Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/176284824/HTC_Black_v1.93_1.2b.theme

PATCH (for Users with black font issue - this should change the font color to white in enlarged start menu)
-install cab and reboot
Link:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3050175&postcount=209

Troubleshooting (some Solutions/Hints from the threads):

Vodafone freezed clock
Here the solution for the 0:00 clock problem,
i updated with the new Vodafone Rom 1.97, then installed the black theme
again and everything works great.

IDS_xxxx
If you have problem with texts displayed in "IDS_xxxx" please read http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...nila3DLanguage
probably your don't have some file

Changing Menu Text Color
delete the folowing reg key to return to orginal Textcolor on Start Menu
Path: HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu
DWORD name: ManiliaCustomText
to change to any other color, edit the hex value of ManilaCustomText (if not exist then create)
FFFFFF -> black
000000 -> white

Weird Font on Touch Pro
DiamondTweak is what you need to download.
Section 17 of the Program.
17.7 Cleartype in Landscape Mode - Disabled
This fixed all my white font and weird font problems...I am on a Touch Pro though, but it may help you too.

Grey Taskbar
Go to start -> Settings -> Today and select the "Htc black" .tsk
(if it is already selected, choose an other first [e.g.Windows-standard] and switch then back)

Note: Because I still do NOT own a Diamond PRO myself, supporting this Device isn't easy...

Last edited:

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
eehm... Not really the original...
or maybe htc stole my background image squares!! :rolleyes:

Where did u get this 'original' HTC Theme?

This is my Black Diamond Theme...

Attachments

• BlackDiamondTheme.jpg
    BlackDiamondTheme.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4,867
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1176644

Nice! Thank you! Can you post a background image too?

marcovdb

Sep 23, 2008
Not suitable for Raphael yet.

Thanks for the good work.
I installed it over my T-Mobile (horrific Pink theme) MDA Vario IV and looks good. Exept for the landscape screen when the keyboard is slided open. Then the orginal icons are not there at all. Perhaps something for the next update. Thanks in advance.:)

vinayaksupekar

Feb 20, 2007
I noticed the same thing on my Voda branded TP. But the black theme looks absolutely brilliant. I am not going back to the original red ever.

jinxey

Sep 24, 2008
I'm trying to modify my theme on the new 1.93 Rom from the US 3G version Diamond... I'm using Total Commander to try to modify the read only permission sets of the Manilla files so I can write over them. However it doesn't seem to be working. Are there other programs available? Trying to update to use NisseDILLIGAF background

rivit

Aug 26, 2008
you have to disable Touch Flo first, then just copy the manila file to windows using total commander

matsy

Sep 12, 2008
I've installed this, but the top and bottom bars of the screen are still o2 blue...any help?

baz43

Sep 13, 2008
I installed this theme on my 1.93 rom and my contacts background is still white. can anyone help me get it to the shown black htc background please

matsy

Sep 12, 2008
Thanks,
Seemed all I had to do was select a different theme, then reselect the htc theme......BINGO.... phone looks fantastic. I am now going to see what other things I am incapable of doing. I know that I will have further questions, and that I am a bit of a techno-cretin, but I hope you guys will continue to help. This is a great forum by the way, very helpful indeed.