Originally Posted by surendar1863
How could i flash Custom ROM with Odin..
1. I am not able to go into recovery mode by holding Volume up+Volume Down+Power Buttons
2. I could not reboot into recovery mode using adb commands (stuck at at&t screen)
3. I could not reboot into recovery by flashing any kernel with CWM.. obviously i have to use volume up+Volume Down+Power Buttons again
I am able to flash stock ROM through ODIN 1 click downloader (currently on I897UCKI2)..and its the only way i could flash a ROM now..
So is there a way to install custom rom through ODIN ?
I had exactly the same problem and it took me almost one week of fiiddling and searching the Web to solve it.
The solution was in front me since day ONE : install ODIN on the PC !
In my case, I had I had accidentally wiped out the stock ROM and the tablet was hopelessly frozen on the download mode. I couldn't turn it off to boot it back with any of the usual buttons ( Volume , Home, Power)
I made the wrong assumption that since my PC didn't see the tablet, it couldn't connect to Odin either . I was wrong!
Here is what you have to do:
1. Install Odin on your PC. Connect the tablet to it. You will see that Odin sees the tablet because there will be a caption saying "added" on the top left.
2. Press the AP tab button at the right to go to the location where your Stock ROM is. The stock ROM file will have an MD5 ending.
3 Once the file is loaded (next to the AP button) just press Start. You will see the DOWNLOAD bar gradually filling up on the tablet and at the top left of ODIN.
4. When the operation is terminated, you will see a caption " PASSED" at the top left of he Odin screen and the tablet will automatically boot up to the HOME screen.
As simple as this! I didn't even have to worry about flashing the TWRP ( or CWR) recovery system, probably because the OS ROM was already wiped out. May be your case is different. I only know that in my case it worked like a charm.