FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Will the new SanDisk 32GB Mobile Ultra Class 6 microSDHC card work in the EVO 3D?

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By died4u525, Member on 19th April 2012, 04:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 32GB Class 6 microSDHC-I card from Best Buy on sale for $34.99 with free shipping. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Now I just read that it may not work with the EVO 3D. Can anyone tell me whether this is true on not? It says it's "compatible with most devices with microSDHC card slots." There is also a review by someone with a Galaxy SII and they say it works fine. I don't know if that means its fine with the EVO 3D or not. I was really looking forward to receiving this card but now I'm afraid of opening it and finding out that it doesn't work and not being able to return it because it's opened.

Here's the link to the product page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk+...&skuId=3695074

I included a pic of the card from Best Buy's website so you know which one I'm talking about.

Sent via Tapatalk from my EVO 3D running MeanROM 3.8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334848251814.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1013515  

19th April 2012, 05:24 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 131

More
You shouldn't have any problems with it. I'm currently using a 32GB class 10 card without any problems in my Evo 3D.
The only way to find out is to try. Otherwise, you can just sell it to a buddy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DjDom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DjDom Ad-Free
30th May 2012, 04:13 AM |#3  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sandisk mobile ultra 32gb
it does work.
JohnM
30th May 2012, 04:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yeah, the only incompatibility issues would be microsdHC, but the phone runs sdHC cards well. The one it comes with is sdHC.
2nd June 2012, 05:27 AM |#5  

More
What is the speed on this card? Does it come with an adapter to plug it into your computer as well?
2nd June 2012, 05:53 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thakk

What is the speed on this card? Does it come with an adapter to plug it into your computer as well?

I started this thread and meant to come back to it to answer that the card does work and it's nice & fast. Things definitely seem to load faster on the phone and files transfer to and from my laptop faster than my SanDisk class 4 8gb card and my SanDisk class 6 16gb card. SanDisk is the only brand I buy when it comes to SD & microSD cards. The Best Buy website said this one was class 6 but its actually a class 10. It says so on the SanDisk packaging. I like the card a lot and I think $35 was a good price.

And yes it does come with an adapter to make it the size of a regular SD card. I never use it though because I don't take the card out of the phone once I put it in.

Sent via Tapatalk from my EVO 3D running MeanROM ICS 1.2
3rd June 2012, 06:32 AM |#7  

More
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out and maybe swap my 8g one out. I use the adapter to copy files to the card when I am wiping and installing and usually to back up my music and photos.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA
3rd June 2012, 06:41 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thakk

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out and maybe swap my 8g one out. I use the adapter to copy files to the card when I am wiping and installing and usually to back up my music and photos.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

I just use a charge/sync cable so I don't have to turn my phone off, take it out of the case, take the battery door off, take the battery out, remove the card, use the adapter to put the microSD card in my laptop, transfer files and then put it all back together, all while potentially missing texts because my phone is off. But to each his own, I guess. lol I checked the link I posted and as of last night, the card was on sale for $39.99 and I think it said free shipping. Just a heads up in case you're interested. I definitely recommend it!

6th June 2012, 06:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 827

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by died4u525

I just use a charge/sync cable so I don't have to turn my phone off, take it out of the case, take the battery door off, take the battery out, remove the card, use the adapter to put the microSD card in my laptop, transfer files and then put it all back together, all while potentially missing texts because my phone is off. But to each his own, I guess. lol I checked the link I posted and as of last night, the card was on sale for $39.99 and I think it said free shipping. Just a heads up in case you're interested. I definitely recommend it!

Lmao

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\
7th June 2012, 03:58 AM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by died4u525

I started this thread and meant to come back to it to answer that the card does work and it's nice & fast. Things definitely seem to load faster on the phone and files transfer to and from my laptop faster than my SanDisk class 4 8gb card and my SanDisk class 6 16gb card. SanDisk is the only brand I buy when it comes to SD & microSD cards. The Best Buy website said this one was class 6 but its actually a class 10. It says so on the SanDisk packaging. I like the card a lot and I think $35 was a good price.

And yes it does come with an adapter to make it the size of a regular SD card. I never use it though because I don't take the card out of the phone once I put it in.

Good to hear it worked!
I honestly think SanDisk is better, but here in Canada, that card is barely available, and I can only find them for over $100!
I bought my Lexar card since it was a boxing day special. Originally $100, got it for about $40.
Can't really go wrong, as long as it works, right? (;
8th June 2012, 10:30 PM |#11  
A bit late in the day, for all I know they're sold out by now, but Amazon's Gold Box deals of the day are SanDisk micro SDHC and SSD. Great price on a 64GB micro SDHC, $60.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=pd_ybh_3

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)