[MOD] Tablet/Hybrid UI Mode [CM9][ALPHA6+]

Search This thread

kpakpo89

Jan 19, 2012
Evansville
Can we use this on Alpha 4 CM9?

Sent from my GSII.

I'm wondering the same thing...btw, if you are using cm9 A4, how do you like it? I am currently on Paranoidandroid (1.1) an it is great! I'm just getting too many force closes for now and I'm sure I will get back to it on the next update...yes, I'm addicted to this thing called hybrid mode :D

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
I never got it running just always reverted to Alpha 3 it seemed to always work and never gave me any issues. Love PNoid for ability to set different levels for different app's.

Totally addicted to Tablet can't understand the people who don't like it however some have addictive personalities and some don't.

Reactions: kpakpo89

kubson1999

Jan 18, 2012
Lublin
I have reboot when i want to install or uninstall apps.
Which version i should use, i have Samsung I9001 with aokp bulid 37

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9001

im0rtalz

Mar 22, 2010
Boston
Screenshot_2012-07-02-19-09-15.png

Tested working on alpha 6 and 07/01 build

Install instructions below

Code:
download services.jar
push file thru adb

adb root
adb remount
adb push services.jar /system/framework
adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/services.jar <~~~ dl here or attatched file

Attachments

• services.jar
    851.3 KB · Views: 22

sratwars

Feb 15, 2012
Can someone tell me step by step how to do this? I don't get what adb and all thise stuff means..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: houstongs2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

All thanks go to im0rtalz so make sure you thank him! This is confirmed working on Alpha6 and 7/01 nightly. Any other nightly from here on may or may not work since new code is being added with each build. Do not take your CM9 problems into the dev thread or general discussion thread after flashing this mod. You have replaced chunks of code in the builds they provide so you are no longer running stock CM9!

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb reboot

I only tested this on a clean install of m6 from chris41g build. I believe it should work on timesinfinity also. If you would like to try it please make a backup first.

wipe cache/dalvik cache
    install zip here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/TabletUI_AOKP_M6.zip

Rom Control enable navigation bar, but do not reset yet
    General UI settings set dpi to 128 then reboot.

fyi at your own risk and I probably won't be around to answer many questions pretty much how my cm9 one I posted.

Good luck and if anything breaks so sorry, restore your backup.

Edit Please keep all issues and questions here since if you are using this mod you are no longer using stock aokp so please do not clutter his dev thread same rules applies also to the cm9 mod.
    guys, AOKP was just updated to build 34... will this mod work with that or do i really have to kick back to 33?

For AOKP TabletUI mods please check my main thread for updates..
    OK guys, it has been brought to my attention that aokp is no longer, at this current time, a tablet UI capable rom. Apparently the AOKP team has changed a lot of their code and in the process has broken tabletUI functionality. So it appears it wasn't just me. Now, its possible a more experienced dev might be capable of figuring it out for AOKP but I just don't think the demand is high enough. In the meantime I will try to get things squared away for other aosp roms. I'll be back after work this afternoon to report my findings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA