By bollorr, Member on 4th June 2012, 08:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2012, 08:46 PM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw1

I made an ADB for Noobs guide about a year ago. It never gained much traction but it should still be current. Anywhere it says CM7, the same goes for CM9.

it looks like your guide is for phones that can boot, mine cannot, I can only get the phone into Clockworkmod and download mode
The Following User Says Thank You to bollorr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bollorr Ad-Free
6th June 2012, 11:22 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Sorry. If you can't get Anroid to load whatsoever (not even a boot animation) I don't think you can use adb, unfortunately.

I would love to be proven wrong, however.
7th June 2012, 12:58 AM |#23  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw1

Sorry. If you can't get Anroid to load whatsoever (not even a boot animation) I don't think you can use adb, unfortunately.

I would love to be proven wrong, however.

The phone was loading the Android (CM7) boot animation but would get stuck there looping it...after unsuccessfully re-flashing CM7, the boot animation doesn't come up anymore, of course (all I get is the "connect phone to computer" icon)...like I said, all it can load now is ClockworkMod (3 fingers) and it can also get into download mode (holding volume down key). Maybe the cache partition can still be fixed, any other ideas anyone, pretty please? How do I get adb to work? (again the ONLY thing I can do is boot in ClockworkMod and download mode).
7th June 2012, 01:03 AM |#24  
OP Member

More
if a powerful tool like adb cannot be used in Recovery or download modes, then it's not so powerful after all, but useless to many people in my situation
7th June 2012, 01:13 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Not to quibble...it is a powerful tool. Just a a chainsaw is a powerful tool but good luck trying to drive in a nail with it. It's just not the right tool in this scenario.

At this point, I dont know what to do so im just going to throw out some random musings based on the assumption that you really can't break this any worse

You can perhaps try to use another computer.

Maybe even Odin 2.1 eclair and repartition with that corresponding pit. Perhaps that will take and get you back in business.

See if you can format the partitions in CWM and then retry Odin.

Try a different cwm...maybe try the mtd version or cwm-all. Hell maybe go back to Samsung recovery and try to use that to flash an official package. Find every damn recovery you can and try it.

Unbrickable mod.

Find a shop with a programmer.

Try to get Samsung to repair it.

Use an old version of heimdall that allows you to flash each partition individually and see if it will take that way.

Sell for parts on eBay and pick up something new there or on swappa. I know there was a guy looking for a replacement screen here recently

Sorry I can't help more.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobloblaw1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobloblaw1 Ad-Free
7th June 2012, 01:35 AM |#26  
OP Member

More
bobloblaw1,

Thanks a lot, although I don't agree with your chainsaw/nail analogy as applying in this case
This IS the PROBLEM, nothing (so far) can re-partition this phone (the problem came suddenly, my browser kept crashing out of the blue, and then other apps as well, when I rebooted, here I was), whether Odin, Heimdall, CWM, etc., NOR can they flash roms without re-partitioning. I know ADB can check for physical corruption of the eMMC memory, but I can't get it to work. In my opinion I need a more powerful (very low level) tool to "force" a re-partition...I came across something called "eMMC MBR/EBRPartitioning plugin", but so far I don't know what exactly is and how it can be used in my situation.
7th June 2012, 08:31 PM |#27  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

your last option is to try adb.

How do I use ADB, I can only get into Recovery and download mode...are there any other tools that can go low level to partition the eMMC or fix the existing partition or tell me if it's physically corrupted?
8th June 2012, 11:01 PM |#28  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Plugin for what?
8th June 2012, 11:38 PM |#29  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleMonomials

Plugin for what?

like I said, I don't know
12th June 2012, 02:01 AM |#31  
OP Member

More
The weirdest thing. I tried to flash the ED05 Heimdall package AGAIN today, and IT WORKED (repartition unchecked). But, then I tried flashing CWM with Heimdall and it failed. I had to reboot the device and of course it's semi-bricked again (now it's back to stock recovery) and I get this error when I try to re-flash ED05 (or anything):

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to retrieve config descriptor

What is going on??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)