[Recovery][Touch][TWRP][2.11]GTab2 (7 and 10) [6/6/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nycbjr

Oct 10, 2006
New York
Galaxy tab 2 10 owners, do not flash this, I have to make a custom one for it first (larger res and screen), I will post this as soon as I can!

Who's tired to using the vol/sleep buttons in recovery? I know I am, just about every device is getting some kind of touch recovery, why not the Gtabs?

Presenting touch recovery for the Galaxy Tab 2 series (I need a tester or 2 for the Gtab 2 10.1". PM me), based on TWRP, ported and custom themed by yours truly!

Special Thanks to:

- The Team Win Recovery Project <link>
- Xoomdev for creating CWM
- Chuck, my teammate, and sadly his grab 7 that gave its life for this recovery (RIP little guy hah!)

Procedure

Already Rooted with CWM recovery?
1. Download the cwm flash version of the recovery
2. Flash it using recovery, reboot and you are done.

New Gtab 2 user, not rooted or CWM flashed?
1. Download the img file instead.
2. User Heimdall, or Odin to write a new recovery.
3. Then flash my root zip

Downloads
1. TWRP Recovery CWM flash
2. TWRP Recovery IMG
3. Root zip via recovery

Enjoy!
TeamWin-Recovery-Project.png

Last edited:

topnomi

Apr 22, 2009
Dayton, OH
YAY!!!!

Installing now, hopefully my tab doesn't get sacrificed... Good thing i bought the accidental damage warranty.

I'll report any problems, I need to flash the new tab2lite, so it's a perfect test.

Do you know how it handles backups? cwm backs up the full tab including internalSD. That resulted in backups bigger than i can fit on the xtra 2gb sd i had :D

UPDATE: i have installed and it's working great so far. :)

Last edited:

xkwwwx

Mar 12, 2010
does this work on the galaxy tab 2 10.1?

So has anybody tested this on the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 us wifi? 5113

SirRhor

I flashed it and it works great, it takes some time to get used to but once it becomes familiar.... CWM who?

I tried every single major option, and no problems to report back.

Sincerely, thank you for this release, it is always good to learn a new way to do things.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

scottx .

Factory reset wipes things twice. Give it a try.

100_4371.JPG

Doing a system restore now of a backup I made before trying out that new Tab2Lite ROM. Can't get back to AOKP fast enough! :eek:

System backup / restore worked fine.

100_4373.JPG

How does one take a screenshot in recovery?

nycbjr

Oct 10, 2006
New York
Don't think its possible I photoshopped the op graphic lol but it's a good Photoshop hah.

Thanks for the kind words.. its my first recovery (and theme for that matter). Anyone know a good themer? I think the ice blue I chose looks stunning on smoled screens!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: BveilSman
T

the_one_

Don't think its possible I photoshopped the op graphic lol but it's a good Photoshop hah.

Thanks for the kind words.. its my first recovery (and theme for that matter). Anyone know a good themer? I think the ice blue I chose looks stunning on smoled screens!

this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1401000 theme is so awesome :) would be great if you could port it :p

--------------------------------------------------------

flashed the recovery on my gtab 2 10.1" but the touch does not work yet :p

Last edited:

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
I can confirm these flashing anything from 7" breaks touch on the 10".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

matt30

Jan 16, 2011
Ithaca, NY
The img. file needs to be tar balled/zipped to use Odin. I don't know if any scripts need to be added to the file (don't think it does).

Sent from my GT-P3113 using XDA Premium HD app

cessnao3

Dec 13, 2009
How would one go about flashing this with Heimdall? I think I am doing it correctly, by going to the command prompt and typing in "heimdall flash --recovery," but it will not flash. Is there a different way to flash this?

matt30

Jan 16, 2011
Ithaca, NY
How would one go about flashing this with Heimdall? I think I am doing it correctly, by going to the command prompt and typing in "heimdall flash --recovery," but it will not flash. Is there a different way to flash this?

Make sure you download the heimdall suite. Follow the readme to install the correct drivers.

Use heimdall-frontend instead of the command prompt. Click on the flash tab, and use the pit file provided in the root thread. Once that's done select the correct partition and the file you want to flash then flash it.

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
Hm. I installed this, made a backup, flashed a few things perfectly, then went to try a new rom. So I did another backup and wiped /system, /cache, and did a factory data reset. Flashed the rom, didn't really like it, wiped the same things, and tried to restore my old backup.

/system restored correctly, I can tell because I still have Apex Launcher, which I previously converted to a system app using TiB. However, none of my apps came back. My wallpaper reverted to the drop of water, and I'm getting super bad force closes on Apex. Because of this, I'm thinking /data did not restore properly. I downloaded TiB from the market and tried restoring my apps using the nightly backups I had scheduled. No backups were found. My external sd card is fine, some things I had downloaded on it are still there.

Last thing, I flashed CWM using the touch recovery, booted into it, and tried a previous backup made with CWM, same problems...

Any ideas on what the problem is?

EDIT: while restoring, I get an error restoring /data

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy tab 2 10 owners, do not flash this, I have to make a custom one for it first (larger res and screen), I will post this as soon as I can!

Who's tired to using the vol/sleep buttons in recovery? I know I am, just about every device is getting some kind of touch recovery, why not the Gtabs?

Presenting touch recovery for the Galaxy Tab 2 series (I need a tester or 2 for the Gtab 2 10.1". PM me), based on TWRP, ported and custom themed by yours truly!

Special Thanks to:

- The Team Win Recovery Project <link>
    - Xoomdev for creating CWM
    - Chuck, my teammate, and sadly his grab 7 that gave its life for this recovery (RIP little guy hah!)

Procedure

Already Rooted with CWM recovery?
    1. Download the cwm flash version of the recovery
    2. Flash it using recovery, reboot and you are done.

New Gtab 2 user, not rooted or CWM flashed?
    1. Download the img file instead.
    2. User Heimdall, or Odin to write a new recovery.
    3. Then flash my root zip

Downloads
    1. TWRP Recovery CWM flash
    2. TWRP Recovery IMG
    3. Root zip via recovery

Enjoy!
    TeamWin-Recovery-Project.png
    I have been reading posts regarding people upgrading to TWRP to install 4.2.
    Time for an update to 2.3?
    I've compiled TWRP 2.3.2.3 for the Galaxy Tab 2 7". Flash the attached file in recovery if you want to have a go.
    Thank you so much! While I think CWM is the gold standard in recovery I just love TWRP's touch recovery.

Just flashed it. Works great. I love how I can now see/flash from the internal storage. CWM wouldn't let me do that.

Just a quick question will it work on p3100 tab 2

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

It should work fine from what I've read.