2012/08/22【ROM Release】【U8800 Pro】B876_KALO_Extreme (Porting Huawei Honor)

Search This thread

tzivas31

Jun 3, 2012
dear kalo i understand that you have too many questions and issues to solve but you didn't answered me if we can delete from the boot the splash screen somehow and if you can put in some new update tv out for our phones when you can find a llitle time aswer me whatever is yes or no.and i really like your rom until now it works very good i just propose you for some better things.thank you

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
I decided to make a theme for , Kalo Rom
As i dont want to start a new thread just for a theme , i post it here
Its a simple theme , with blue icons and coloured icons , new lockscreen icons and more ,,, icons taken from samsung rom , aurora and uot kitchen ...

Download , Kalo theme.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?32gcalob09ulila

Go to recovery
Choose , install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card / kalo_theme.zip
Reboot
Done

If you want to go back to stock theme
Download this ( Undo kalo theme.zip )
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2q02o8177biu9j4
Flash it from recovery , and ready ...

anyone can post screenshots

mariosbbs

Mar 10, 2012
i will but is there aproblem with sd
i installed another version and fail also to move app 2 sd
and somtimes gallery fail to discover sd

maybe some hardware problem ? :(
using your PC try to remove all partitions and format some Micro SD using Partition Wizard Home (it's free )

once in Partition Wizard right click on the SD disk icon -> delete all partitions + "apply" (on the top icon bar ) -> right click on the SD disk icon -> "rebuild MBR" + "apply" again. Now create a new FAT32 partition using Partition Wizard and try again

efray

Mar 30, 2011
maybe some hardware problem ? :(
using your PC try to remove all partitions and format some Micro SD using Partition Wizard Home (it's free )

once in Partition Wizard right click on the SD disk icon -> delete all partitions + "apply" (on the top icon bar ) -> right click on the SD disk icon -> "rebuild MBR" + "apply" again. Now create a new FAT32 partition using Partition Wizard and try again

what do you mean by (delete all partitions) only the word delete is there after right click

another thing how to create new fat32 partition
thnx

Copix

Jul 22, 2010
Hi kalo! First of all I want to thank you, as usual, for your great work. I also want to ask yoy about the tv-out. I know you are interested in making it work, but until now, it was only available in froyo ROMs. I red that geno did it also work in CM7, and CM7 works with GB, isn't it? So, does it mean that now it could be also implemented in your ROMs?

fps-dum

Apr 11, 2012
Orel

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: gkalen

mariosbbs

Mar 10, 2012
i have done like wat u said and also i format it many times
something strange happens
the data i have erased keep appearing after format the sd
how that could happens
is it some sort of virus

if you use some windows version OS try using a linux live CD

With live cd you can use your PC without install anything
I suggest Ubuntu 10.10 (it uses a very powerful Gnome 2.xx env )
releases.ubuntu.com/10.10/ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386.iso

burn the CD and boot your pc from cdrom

once started go to the upper menu, choose
SYSTEM -> ADMINISTRATION -> DISK UTILITY

from DISK UTILITY you can manage all your "disks"

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Hello People!
I am testing the B572 (the latest Gingerbread 2.3.5 for U8800 Pro) with the same structure and mods which I applied to the B876 Porting.

The version number is always major and indipendent by the Base Rom Version (for example B876 or B572).
At the moment I need to understand two things, which are really two bugs in B876:

1) If you shutdown the device and plug in the power cord to charge the battery, the device will autostart and Android will boot. So, if you want to be unavailable, turning off the device and taking that offline time to charge the battery, you cannot do it... Why? Because Huawei is not able to make a full working ROM. Anyway this is a bug present in my porting B876, maybe there are dependent libraries and binary file which cause this bug;

2) The battery drai is an apparent bug/problem because the real bug is in the charging process: the battery is really fast to be charged at 94% then 100% is really close in terms of time. When you see the "first" 100% if you reboot the device you will see the battery percentage at 94% again and not 100%. This is a bug! In fact, if you leave the power cord plugged in, the battery will charge correctly at 100% (maybe to be sure wait about 20 minutes in more when you see 100%) and the battery drain is never a problem.

For these two reasons I made a B572 with the same structure of the B876 and I am testing several time if these two bugs are present.

It's not a downgrade. I am only testing and the ROM is really fast.
I can recognize the B572 from the B876 and vice versa only if I go to the Settings, Info... Incredible... The same performance but I notice a better battery drain. Maybe the portig is calibrated for another kind of battery? I don't know!

If you want, please test the B572 and let me know your opinion/feedback about the 2 bugs.

Regards!

efray

Mar 30, 2011
Hello People!
I am testing the B572 (the latest Gingerbread 2.3.5 for U8800 Pro) with the same structure and mods which I applied to the B876 Porting.

The version number is always major and indipendent by the Base Rom Version (for example B876 or B572).
At the moment I need to understand two things, which are really two bugs in B876:

1) If you shutdown the device and plug in the power cord to charge the battery, the device will autostart and Android will boot. So, if you want to be unavailable, turning off the device and taking that offline time to charge the battery, you cannot do it... Why? Because Huawei is not able to make a full working ROM. Anyway this is a bug present in my porting B876, maybe there are dependent libraries and binary file which cause this bug;

2) The battery drai is an apparent bug/problem because the real bug is in the charging process: the battery is really fast to be charged at 94% then 100% is really close in terms of time. When you see the "first" 100% if you reboot the device you will see the battery percentage at 94% again and not 100%. This is a bug! In fact, if you leave the power cord plugged in, the battery will charge correctly at 100% (maybe to be sure wait about 20 minutes in more when you see 100%) and the battery drain is never a problem.

For these two reasons I made a B572 with the same structure of the B876 and I am testing several time if these two bugs are present.

It's not a downgrade. I am only testing and the ROM is really fast.
I can recognize the B572 from the B876 and vice versa only if I go to the Settings, Info... Incredible... The same performance but I notice a better battery drain. Maybe the portig is calibrated for another kind of battery? I don't know!

If you want, please test the B572 and let me know your opinion/feedback about the 2 bugs.

Regards!

i wish the arabic bug is fixed with b572

fps-dum

Apr 11, 2012
Orel

Hello Kalo!
On the first point! I have never had such problems with the B876. If I put the phone off to charge, it is not turned on, and just started the process of charging the battery.
The second question. Telephone charges to 100 percent as usual (as in b572) only the green LED (charging is finished) illuminates when 90 per cent, more business as usual. And even if you restart the phone it does not show 94 per cent, unless the show can have 99 =). After flashing the phone, though I did recalibrate the battery on this scheme:

* Make sure ClockworkMod installed.
* Connect powered phone to the charger and wait for the phone is fully charged (green LED lights up).
* Turn off the phone from the charger.
* Connect the phone off to the charger and wait for the phone is fully charged (green LED lights up).
* Unplug the phone from the charger and turn it on [phone].
* When the phone is fully turned on, turn it off and plug in the charger until the LED turns green.
* Turn off the phone from the charger.
* Turn the phone by holding down the volume (VOL +), to enter the ClockworkMod.
* Reset the statistics batteries (advaced> Wipe Battery Stats).

Now I have is version 3.1.4, as described thee problems on MY(For other users, I can not say) phone has not been detected. =)

p.s. sry 4 my eng =)

Last edited:

Filatov.p

Mar 13, 2012
Kursk
1) If you shutdown the device and plug in the power cord to charge the battery, the device will autostart and Android will boot.

right, there is no such problem. If phone is switched off and then we plug in charger, phone turns on in charging mode: there is battery with animation of charging on the screen. Android doesn't boot untill power button is pressed.

Neither about the battery drain. Your rom is the best at the moment for our device in this aspect

Reactions: rilam1987

waseemkhan

Apr 8, 2012
I have always two issues
first picture = showing National Mobile communication
National Mobile communication = This is not correct name of mobile company. Its name is " WATANIYA"
second = It is not searching correct name of mobile companies
Now i m useing B572_KALO_v3.1.8
:confused::confused:

Last edited:

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
This evening I will upload the new B876_KALO_v3.1.9.
I'm noticing that B876 is a little bit faster when navigating through menu, scrolling, flipping into homes...
For this reason I will continue my optimizations on B876 only.

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2012/08/22【ROM Release】【U8800 Pro】B876_KALO_Extreme (Porting Huawei Honor)

Hello Dear Community!
    Today I decided to share my work, a customized rom based on the latest Gingerbread official ROM of the Huawei Honor U8860.
    This porting wants to be the most light possible, avoiding the Huawei traces and trying to make difference with stability, speed and zero bugs.
    This is a list of the rom features:

- Based on Gingerbread 2.3.6 – Official B876 (Firmware Huawei Honor U8860);
    - Root permanent permission;
    - Overclock kernel;
    - Unlocked FPS limit (30 @ 55);
    - Zipaligned apks;
    - Added BusyBox;
    - Removed Gallery 3D and replaced with QuickPic;
    - Removed Huawei Launcher and replaced with Zeam Launcher;
    - Corrected APNs list (only the Italian Internet Wind apn);
    - Edited carrier name "Wind Telecomunicazioni Spa" into "WIND";
    - Edited carrier name "Telecom Italia SpA" into "TIM";
    - Edited carrier name "Hutchinson H3G Italia" into "3 ITA";
    - Removed the stock Browser and replaced with Dolphin Browser HD;
    - Updated Market (now Google Play), Google Search Box, FlashPlayer;
    - Removed Social Huawei and other apks from the stock rom;
    - Increased performance by editing build.prop;
    - Enabled HDR function on camera;
    - Removed File Browser and replaced with Root Explorer;
    - Independence of the /cust partition;
    - Removed WPS function on WiFi section;
    - Removed ipcall function;
    - Added the battery percentage on the status bar;
    - Stock Android Gingerbread lockscreen;
    - Removed the energy saving function;
    - Bypass of the Android Settings Wizard;
    - Optimized the GPS config for Europe;
    - Tethering WiFi is available and works fine;
    - Added by default the Quick Settings Widget in the notification bar;
    - FM Radio works fine;
    - Added function Volume Rocker Screen Wake Up;
    - A new graphic for Contacts and Phone applications;
    - Removed Fast Boot option;
    - Patched the libsqlite.so for better performances;
    - Disabled bugreports generation in kernel ramdisk;
    - Permanent Root Access;
    - No more is needed SuperUser.apk for root-based applications;
    - The default video codec for High Video Recording Quality is H264;
    - The default audio codec for High Video Recording Quality id AAC;
    - Edited the carrier name "Sonaecom - Serviços de Comunicações, S.A." into "Optimus";

PREREQUISITES - ATTENTION PLEASE

a) ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.5 Stock Huawei version (B512, B521, B540, B552, B565, B572)
    or any customized Gingerbread ROM (CyanogenMod, MIUI, 2.3.5, 2.3.6, 2.3.7)
    or any ICS Rom (DZO Aurora, Genokolar MIUI v4);

b) Recovery
    CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7
    If you have the stock recovery, you will not be able to install any customized ROM. So, you have to do these steps: download the CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7 (previous link to download the file), power off your device and turn on into Pink Screen Mode (holding down VOL+, VOL- and Power button). Plug in your usb cable to your pc and wait for the automount of the new drive. Navigate to the /image folder and rename the stock "recovery.img" into "recovery.bak".
    Now simply copy the CWM Recovery into the /image folder and be sure that its name is "recovery.img", otherwise you have to rename it into "recovery.img".
    Unmount the periferic, remove the usb cable and extract the battery to shutdown the phone. That's all.
    You can verify the new recovery installation entering in recovery mode (holding down VOL+ and Power button).

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR FULL PACKAGE

0) Make sure that you have installed all prerequisites;
    1) Download the zip file of the rom with your pc;
    2) Shutdown your smartphone and to be really sure unplug the battery;
    3) Insert your battery and power on your smartphone into recovery mode holding down VOL+ and the power button (be sure that you have the CWM 5.0.2.7);
    4) Go to advanced ---> reboot recovery;
    5) At the new recovery boot go to "mount and storage";
    6) Mount usb storage;
    7) Plug in your usb-microusb cable;
    8) Copy the downloaded zip file into the external sdcard;
    9) Wipe data/factory;
    10) Wipe cache;
    11) Wipe Dalvik Cache;
    12) [OPTIONAL if you experience a huge battery drain only] Wipe Battery Stats;
    13) Go to "mount and storage", then "format /system";
    14) Install zip from sdcard;
    15) choose zip from sdcard and select the downloaded zip file;
    16) Install complete!
    17) reboot system now.

Please wait about 2 minutes for the install process and be patient for the first boot.
    At the first boot the default language has been set to English. This choise because the rom needs to be more international possible.
    Anyway the rom is multilanguage and offers the default available languages of the stock Android base-rom.
    The default keyboard is the stock Android Latin.

DOWNLOAD
    Date: 2012/08/22
    File name: B876_KALO_Extreme.zip
    Changelog: Increased the 3G speed, fixed the network dropping from 2G/3G, updated applications.

If you appreciate my work and want to thank me, please send a donation, it's a huge reason to keep alive this Android project for U8800 Pro.

DONATE (PayPal)

FaceBook Group Page -----> KALO ANDROID U8800 Pro

Special thanks:
    - Genokolar (kernel and recovery Guru);
    - mik_os (libsqlite.so tweaks);
    - pikachukaki (theme creator and tester for his B876 based-ROM);
    - zontovolo (the best beta-tester I've seen!);
    - cuvetto (for the better audio experience);
    - merafly (for his advices and suggestions);
    - tasosmrs (for the modded phone.apk)
    - All users who are using/testing my releases;

SPECIAL THANKS TO DONATORS:
    - Nektarios Orfanidis;
    - Pavel Igorevich;
    - Denis Avetsuk;
    - Eugenio Livio;
    - José Alexis Morera Fernández;

Happy flashing!

kalo86
    well done
    i'm glad , because you put the ,, patched libsqlite ,, in your update (1.7) ...
    its a great work from ,, mik_os ( a great developer )
    i think that this version , gonna make even happier the users of your rom...
    i'm a fan of your work , even if i'm steel riding my horse ... :)
    congratsulations again ..

for those who still wondering what it does
    read this and i hope you'll understand.......

Android phones as the underlying database using sqlite3. sqlite3 writes efficiency is very low, because the sync feature turned on by default, and fsync() must be performed after each insertion, the resulting system efficiency is low, and the disk life is reduced.

I try to disable sync feature by default in exchange for greater IO performance and reduce disk consumption. While doing so may result in data integrity problems, but I still like to use it because most of the sqlite insert action can be completed within a few seconds, not too much to consider issues such as sudden power-down.

After modified, the time of insert 2000 records to sqlite3 db, from 1m11s reduce to 2s.

-----------------------------

With Android applications, the database operation is non-persistent, normal step in app is:
    1.open db
    2.do read/write
    3.close db
    with step3, the data in cache will be flush to disk. so user will not notice any sudden lag, always smooth.

With SYNC-ON, the db operation like this:
    1.open db
    2.1. write a record/do a transcation
    2.2. fsync()
    2.3. write a record/do a transcation
    2.4. fsync()
    3.close db/fsync()

with SYNC-OFF, operation like this:
    1.open db
    2.1 write a record/do a transcation
    2.2 write a record/do a transcation
    3. close db/fsync()

So, no-sync can significantly save IO time.
    hope you can do something!thanks

i think that you have the tools and knowledge to do it yourself ...
    take a look at this ...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411317

try it yourself , and tell me if you want something more ....

I FOUND IT
    download this ... http://www.mediafire.com/?2ues73f06ialncf
    i was made this for kalo's v1 , but i think its the same,, so you can use it ....
    unzip , and open the folder ..
    first make a BACKUP ,, and then put it via root explorer , in , system/framework .. (replace it with the existing one)
    give permissions ( rw-r--r-- ) , and reboot your phone ..
    dont worry , it needs 2-3 minutes to boot again ...

THIS IS ONLY FOR TERMAGAZIS
    IF HE TEST IT AND ITS OK ,,
    Then you can use it , all the others , users of this rom

so we'll have to wait , termagazis to respond , and tell us if it works
    TO ALL OF YOU , USERS OF THIS ROM ( KALO V1.6 )
    DOWNLOAD THIS
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7i3tjuvlgtayzrx

ITS a patched ,libsqlite.so for 2.3
    probably its gonna work....

just open root explorer and copy , libsqlite.so , to ,system/lib . ..
    replace it with the existing one and give permissions ( rw-r--r-- )
    wait , or reboot your phone .....

if this works , you're gonna love this rom , even more ...

HAVE A BACKUP ON YOUR SD CARD BEFORE TRYING THIS MODS...
    ALL GREDITS GOES TO
    Μik_os
    Ungaze

I just found it at this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1000899

enjoy :D
    well.. friend , korekore1 ,, is right about MIUI dialer , its more than a theme ... ;)

so i decide to make a dialer for , KALO V1.8 ,, and probably gonna work also for V1.6 and V1.7 .....
    i took the .png's from , bluemagic theme ...

THEMED DIALER ... download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?eep3y6km85m57fe

and the , themed settings.apk , gonna work also for V1.8 ...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7lkzal5skit8hvl

HOW TO INSTALL , the themed dialer ...

first , unzip ..
    then , via root explorer , COPY , the contacts.apk and phone.apk , and PASTE them to ,, system ,, give permissions (rw-r--r-- ) and then ,MOVE , both apps to ,, app ,, and replace them ... reboot and enjoy ...
    the path is ,, system/app ,, but we have to do the above trick to avoid force close before we give permissions ,, thats why we give permissions to ,, system ,, and then we move them to ,, app .... ( easy) :cool:

if someone could make screenshots , i appreciate it .... :)