Thanks Meter: 1,683

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisCorE

A ah yes I see. This must be the build.prop optimizations from the GT 7.7

A shame this doesn't work with my 3g tab...:(

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium

I might work on a ROM for the GT-P6200 :)
Let's see how many people actually would use it though first. I would also need someone to be a pre-release tester before I release it to the OP. I don't own a 3G tab so I can't test out any modifications I make.

Aside from the possibility of making one for the 3G tab, I would like to also toss out an ETA for the next update-- tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be the last Beta release, so far none of the modifications have broken anything, so awesome for us!
After beta releases, I'll clean up the OP and start working on a really nice Release Client.

Oh and I'm also trying to get a better host! Does anyone know of a good site that's free?

Thanks!
- StrumerJohn
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free

8th June 2012, 11:30 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
99 problems and BT is one!
Thanks for all the good work StrumerJohn I've been running beta 2 for a week or so and it seems to be very stable. Out of curiosity have you made any changes to the bluetooth driver or anything else bluetooth related? I'm having a terrible time getting BT to auto connect for media playback in my truck. The 7+ makes a great nav unit but it's killing me not being able to steady connect to BT. (I'm running an ICS rom on my phone that doesn't have BT support so I have no Pandora in my truck until I figure this out..) I'll probably flash back to stock this weekend and do some more BT testing, see if maybe it's my truck's BT that's being finnicky. (It's never been finicky with my iphone or my Samsung Infuse when it was running gingerbread.)

What happens is that the tablet will connect to my truck's bluetooth for a few seconds and then disconnect, from there it either turns off the bluetooth, waits a few seconds and turns it back on, or it just stays disconnected a minute (without actually turning bluetooth off) and then tries to connect again. Connects, 5 seconds later disconnects, and repeat. Power cycling of either my stereo or my tablet doesn't make any difference.
9th June 2012, 08:20 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 370

More
+1 on GT-P6200 ROM
as for the host check out www.ge.tt or http://goo.im (Premium Android Developer File Hosting)
9th June 2012, 10:24 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Devhost is also a good alternative

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
10th June 2012, 04:00 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzacapaca

+1 on GT-P6200 ROM
as for the host check out www.ge.tt or http://goo.im (Premium Android Developer File Hosting)

+2000 for p6200

Sent from my GT-P6200 using XDA
10th June 2012, 04:39 AM |#46  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,683

Donate to Me
More
Alright new build uploading. Minor changes. Tried to fix the BT issue someone was having too. Not sure if it fixed anything since I never had issues pairing it with my bt headset, car, or phone (for file-transfer).

Should be done by 9 or 10 tonight PST.
The Following User Says Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free
10th June 2012, 07:11 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
I'd like to volunteer and offer my 6200 3g for beta testing also for hosting id recommend x10hosting.com. Theyre free and offer unlimited traffic etc. Ive been happy with them quite a while now

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium
11th June 2012, 10:08 PM |#48  

More
Thanks StrumerJohn I'll reflash tonight and see if it makes a difference. To be clear I have no issues pairing the tablet, the initial time that is, it just won't auto connect to BT afterwards, I have to unpair, and repair to get audio working.
12th June 2012, 02:20 AM |#49  

More
So I flashed your latest and it's mostly good news but a little bad news.
The bluetooth connects! Not just once, but multiple times it would seem. I'll have to do a little roadtrip testing later but it worked when I tested it just now. It still won't auto connect though... for instance, if I turn the tablet off and leave the truck running, then turn the tablet back on, bam it connects; but if I turn the truck off and leave the tablet on (a much more common scenario) it won't auto connect. I made a quicksetting button for bluetooth and from there it's only one more button press to connect, so way better than it was doing before. Went back to gingerbread on my phone (so I'd have a working bt for comparison) and whether I leave bluetooth on or just turn it on when I get in the truck it'll auto connect. Not sure what that's about but definitely going in the right direction here.

If anyone's interested this is my mount, it works really well but you have a flat dash, not a sloped one, made it a little difficult to find a spot in my ranger, but nbd and it looks good in there. I'll post a pic later maybe.
http://www.mountguys.com/Removable_N...t_p/tab178.htm
15th June 2012, 05:52 AM |#50  

More
Bluetooth was still messing up on me so I flashed the stock LA3 image and then tried the Galaxy Rom HD, it didn't install very smooth but after a couple flashes it stuck and now my bluetooth auto connects. I'll check back on this rom in a while though and see how it's coming along, thanks for looking at the bt strumerjohn
15th June 2012, 06:53 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Is this okay for 6200 now??

Sent from my GT-P6200 using XDA
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome rom, fast, rom, speed, strumerjohn
Previous Thread Next Thread