FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[05.09.2012] Got Brickbug ? v1.2

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,031

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th June 2012, 04:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th June 2012, 08:09 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Thanks for all that good info on the faulty chip bug.

I was curious since it was mentioned;

IF samsung gave the green light to release the fix so kernals could use the emmc_cap_erase command without exploding.. would applying this update involve direct interfacing with the chip, or would it be possible to apply it with some sort of odin or recovery?

9th June 2012, 08:10 AM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rophil

My N7000 32GB has the same emmc as yours (VZL00M 0x1A).
I have tried flashing ICS LPY and LP9, no problem so far.

I have a 32gb Note and (VZL00M 0X1A). It comes up as unknown for bug. Is your result suggesting that possibly the 32gb Notes are safe? Also, did you wipe with no problem or just flash?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
9th June 2012, 08:51 AM |#143  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1,238

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan_mc

This bug is related to memory card ? because since some time ago, I have some irregularities when I connect the phone to my pc ... sometimes out of no where and suddenly, the usb connection cuts off and I have to reconnect it again ... odd a little bit

No. Different problem altogether to the emmc bricking bug. Sounds like a Rom problem. Try in the relevant rom thread for answers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
9th June 2012, 09:23 AM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 336

More
@kenny
that's what I do not quite understand ... ONLY the kernel is the problem itself or the rom too?

iam on sgs2 with wanamlite v12
9th June 2012, 09:56 AM |#145  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Hi fellow Androidians, how about a worldwide petition letter to Samsung. Below I've made a draft, feel free to amend accordingly.

Android Community
Worldwide

Samsung
GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS.
Electronics Co., Ltd. Samsung Main Building. 250,
Taepyeongno 2-ga, Jung-gu. Seoul 100-742 Korea

9 June 2012

Dear Samsung,

Complaint about faulty goods

We the World Wide Samsung Android Community have bought a Galaxy Note N7000 from your Authorized Distributors/Sales Centers since launch. We approximately paid USD600, price would vary for each country.

We now find the goods have the following fault:

Faulty Chips.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), goods you supply must be of satisfactory quality. As there was a problem with the goods when we bought them, I request that you provide us with a replacement set that is without any faulty chips.

We suggest that your esteemed corporation do a product recall worldwide.
Failure to do so shall result in worldwide boycott on Samsung products.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Yours sincerely

Android Community
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alejandromsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alejandromsa Ad-Free
9th June 2012, 12:33 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
What a surprise I got a brick bug
9th June 2012, 01:58 PM |#147  
Forum Moderator
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 7,818

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockyneo

Ah right b*****ds

Thanks

Yeah, damn right... stitched us all up with a time-bomb!
9th June 2012, 02:02 PM |#148  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,031

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandromsa

Hi fellow Androidians, how about a worldwide petition letter to Samsung. Below I've made a draft, feel free to amend accordingly.

Yeah, because *that* is going to help

We already know Samsung is working on this. We know how to fix the problem in custom kernels. We know Samsung replaces devices that are bricked this way.

Also, technically the chip isn't faulty, the chip's firmware is faulty. The problem is that updating the firmware on those chips is a really nasty affair you really don't want end-users to be doing, unless it has gone through some very rigorous testing.

What possible use would it be to exchange all the Note's out there with new models with fixed firmwares, if they can just as well release a software update (that we know they are working on) that accomplishes the same thing ?

What exactly do you want to happen here, aside from wasting a metric ****ton of Samsung's money, which we'll all have to pay extra on the next device to recuperate these funds ?

This problem is something us "tweakers" need to be aware of for now, until it is fixed. Normal users will rarely if ever even run into this issue, and if they do, Samsung will replace the unit under warranty. Us tweakers have been warned, we know how to work around it, and we know a fix is coming - what could you possibly want beyond that ?
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2012, 02:53 PM |#149  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandromsa

Android Community
Worldwide

Samsung
GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS.
Electronics Co., Ltd. Samsung Main Building. 250,
Taepyeongno 2-ga, Jung-gu. Seoul 100-742 Korea

9 June 2012

Dear Samsung,

Complaint about faulty goods

We the World Wide Samsung Android Community have bought a Galaxy Note N7000 from your Authorized Distributors/Sales Centers since launch. We approximately paid USD600, price would vary for each country.

We now find the goods have the following fault:

Faulty Chips.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), goods you supply must be of satisfactory quality. As there was a problem with the goods when we bought them, I request that you provide us with a replacement set that is without any faulty chips.

We suggest that your esteemed corporation do a product recall worldwide.
Failure to do so shall result in worldwide boycott on Samsung products.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Yours sincerely

Android Community

i do agree with this . samsung must replace all the faulty devices. i already bricked my device when wiping data with stock ics +root . i installed rom only after customised pit by which i have only 9gb on sdcard . i want a replacement or solution to this
The Following User Says Thank You to raagavak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raagavak Ad-Free
9th June 2012, 03:10 PM |#150  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raagavak

i do agree with this . samsung must replace all the faulty devices. i already bricked my device when wiping data with stock ics +root . i installed rom only after customised pit by which i have only 9gb on sdcard . i want a replacement or solution to this

Send it in to Samsung and don't complain here.
The Following User Says Thank You to kotaro_14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kotaro_14 Ad-Free
9th June 2012, 03:39 PM |#151  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 64

More
im got this bug too on my galaxy note.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)