[cm9\aokp] No Trebuchet Settings (workaround)

Search This thread

Tehdead

Mar 18, 2011
OK so the recent AOKP an (from what I hear) CM9 builds don't have the options to change the trebuchet launcher preferences.

Now I haven't researched why this has changed but I found a quick workaround.

0.) Need to have the Nova launcher installed

1.) Go into your Widgets set the "Activities" widget from nova on to your screen

2.) Scroll down an select Trebuchet then select Preferences.

3.) Click the new Preferences icon an there ya go :)

patsmike

Dec 27, 2011
Boston, MA
OK so the recent AOKP an (from what I hear) CM9 builds don't have the options to change the trebuchet launcher preferences.

1.) Go into your Widgets set the "Activities" widget from nova on to your screen

Nice workaround - i feel like i'm the only one in this boat as it seems like noone uses trebuchet anymore

I still like it, nice and simple - also has the fade effect when scrolling screens that other launchers don't have

Reactions: Bldzr

Tehdead

Mar 18, 2011
Nice workaround - i feel like i'm the only one in this boat as it seems like noone uses trebuchet anymore

I still like it, nice and simple - also has the fade effect when scrolling screens that other launchers don't have

Its simple and has the basic options you want a launcher to have auto-rotate,multiple animations, force resize.... I mean really wtf else do you need.

I've stuck with it because I flash like a crack head multiple times a day so the simpler the configuration the better.

I believe I might have an actual fix but I'm mobile an I'll need my lab top... an ya I googled forever an had no luck... kinda like I'm having finding a good example of the pegasusq parameters...

Tehdead

Mar 18, 2011
Try this version and let me know if it works. (I'm on CM7.2 so I can't exactly test it out at the moment). It should have the following available when you press menu:

"Wallpaper"
"Manage apps"
"Trebuchet settings
"System settings"

I am like you, I don't care about all the fancy bull**** that nova, apex, and all the other AOSP 4.0 based launchers have. Trebuchet is perfect for me.

Try it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r2kc8vtn98u9dyt

Simple install: push to /system/app either with adb or your file explorer of choice chmod 644 if in adb or make the permissions: rw-r-r
Reboot.

Is the menu list in the trebuchet app ? I was going to add the settings option back into the menu when we had this issue on task's AOKP but he fixed the issue since then. although things may have reverted in build 40, im currently in the middle of flashing it.

XTCrefugee

Jun 23, 2006
Fairphone 5
Just FYI, good old Any Cut also works if you don't want to install a whole other launcher just for the one widget. Add the Any Cut widget, then select Activity, then Preferences.

Also, Any Cut shortcuts can be placed inside folders, unlike regular widgets.

For a laugh, try making a shortcut to the "rocket launcher" activity - not exactly practical, but kind of fun :)

Last edited:

ajac

Nov 1, 2007
Try this version and let me know if it works. (I'm on CM7.2 so I can't exactly test it out at the moment). It should have the following available when you press menu:

"Wallpaper"
"Manage apps"
"Trebuchet settings
"System settings"

I am like you, I don't care about all the fancy bull**** that nova, apex, and all the other AOSP 4.0 based launchers have. Trebuchet is perfect for me.

Try it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r2kc8vtn98u9dyt

Simple install: push to /system/app either with adb or your file explorer of choice chmod 644 if in adb or make the permissions: rw-r-r
Reboot.

sigh link no long valid. I just want the option in Trebuchet to change the launcher from phone to tablet anyway to get that back? I want it so I an move the notications to the bottom unless you can do this in apex or another launcher.

Last edited:

madquack

May 12, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-03-02-30-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-03-02-30-34.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:
Reactions: photos and sddurand

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sigh link no long valid. I just want the option in Trebuchet to change the launcher from phone to tablet anyway to get that back? I want it so I an move the notications to the bottom unless you can do this in apex or another launcher.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aw34fbi0dy1ji6x

Why not just use Apex ?
    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Try this version and let me know if it works

Works great on my Galaxy Note N-7000, thanks for the tweak!