FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ MOD-CWM FLASHABLE ZIP ] SWAP eMMC and EXTSD for Micromax Funbook

282 posts
Thanks Meter: 204

Post Reply Email Thread
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS MOD DO ANY HARM TO UR DEVICE,SDCARD,INTERNAL STORAGE.
ONLY PROCEED IF U KNOW WHAT U R DOING.

File pulled from "Micromax FunBook running Ployer Momo9" Firmware,and modified by me.
This mod will allow u to interchange ur eMMC (by default internalstorage-2GB onboard) and EXTSD (external memory card),so that u can install large data games and many more.

Direct to installation point

1) Download "SWAP_SCRIPT_FOR_EXTSD_AND_SDCARD.zip" and reboot into recovery
2) Mount all available options in "Mounts and Storage" menu in CWM
[Important step,otherwise cwm will say the mod is successfully installed and u will not see the swap of the memories]
3) Flash the zip, reboot and enjoy.

To Revert the changes:

1) Download "RESTORE_SCRIPT_FOR_SDCARD_AND_EXTSD.zip" and reboot into recovery
2) Mount all available options in "Mounts and Storage" menu in CWM
[Important step,otherwise cwm will say the mod is successfully installed and u will not see the swap of the memories]
3) Flash the zip, reboot and enjoy.

SCREENSHOT: With 8 GB Class 4 Memory Card

Tested on:
-> Micromax Funbook running momo ployer9 firmware
-> CWMR v5.5.0.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20120611_1702.jpg
Views:	12055
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1122238  
Attached Files
File Type: zip SWAP_SCRIPT_FOR_EXTSD_AND_SDCARD.zip - [Click for QR Code] (216.1 KB, 3605 views)
File Type: zip RESTORE_SCRIPT_FOR_SDCARD_AND_EXTSD.zip - [Click for QR Code] (216.1 KB, 1808 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheCuteCriminal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheCuteCriminal Ad-Free

11th June 2012, 11:57 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Reserved
Reserved !!!
11th June 2012, 12:05 PM |#3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,197

More
Awesome!
11th June 2012, 12:08 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihar.G

Awesome!

try it ...
15th June 2012, 03:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Swapped successfully but after swapping my internal SD shows damaged..I have some useful data and this alternative didn't worked for me
20th June 2012, 01:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sorry, I'm a noob.

Where do I copy the downloaded file?
How do I boot into recovery?
Will this work with stock ROM?
18th July 2012, 03:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried running it on HTC Chacha,as i am running CM9 on Micromax Funbook and HTC Chacha both,i tried installing it on Funbook,it was installed on the first time only..as for HTC Chacaha,i am getting error:installation aborted,please help me on that.
19th July 2012, 12:20 PM |#8  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Post Problem- FB not detecting USB Cable
Have i done anything wrong?
I transferrred the script file in my external sd card.. followed ur instructions exaclty but still the memory is 1.83 gb.. i have a 8 gb card installed.

Another problem is that i cannot access my fb through usb now.. the option "turn on usb" does not pop up when i connect the usb..

Please help.. have i done something wrong?

Best,
Amit
20th July 2012, 10:19 AM |#9  
Flag New Delhi

More
Post plz reply
can someone plz reply..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsharma37428

Have i done anything wrong?
I transferrred the script file in my external sd card.. followed ur instructions exaclty but still the memory is 1.83 gb.. i have a 8 gb card installed.

Another problem is that i cannot access my fb through usb now.. the option "turn on usb" does not pop up when i connect the usb..

Please help.. have i done something wrong?

Best,
Amit

23rd July 2012, 12:25 AM |#10  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsharma37428

can someone plz reply..

I do have the same problem. I am using Kangbook for my FB and it is working awesome but the only problem i have got at the moment is my internal SD card is not getting detected, although its showing the capacity and free space, neither i am able to download any file from the internet nor i am getting an option for the FB to get detected for the USB Storage mode when i connect it to the PC on Windows or on Linux.
23rd July 2012, 07:24 AM |#11  
Flag New Delhi

More
Post Thank you for replying
Thanks for the reply man..

I hope you rectify the problem soon.. I think i will operate my Funbook with the stock ROM for some time. I will wait for a custom ROM in which everything is working..
Hope the developers will fix all the bugs..

Tell me something after u upload a custom ROM can you revert back on the stock ROM without any problems????

Best,
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhee386

I do have the same problem. I am using Kangbook for my FB and it is working awesome but the only problem i have got at the moment is my internal SD card is not getting detected, although its showing the capacity and free space, neither i am able to download any file from the internet nor i am getting an option for the FB to get detected for the USB Storage mode when i connect it to the PC on Windows or on Linux.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
micromax, micromax funbook, swap emmc and extsd, swap emmc and extsd for funbook

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)