Thanks Meter: 4,258

By KBizzle, Senior Member on 24th February 2012, 01:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
11th June 2012, 08:24 AM |#7551  
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidica

When it's ready and T.C.P stops having issues with the source build he is making. Just wait it's not like it's going to kill you

it'd be a shame if he was killed because someone was holding him ransom for build 38.
The Following User Says Thank You to cnstarz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cnstarz Ad-Free

11th June 2012, 01:01 PM |#7552  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
So yeah, I managed to give myself a yellow triangle of death! I ODIN flashed EL26 CWM Stock TAR file and now my Epic Touch has the triangle.

I assume this is normal?

Anyway I flashed Build 37 and got it working OK but then I flashed the FF09 AGAT kernel and when I rebooted it said something to the affect of 82 applications are updating and it counted threw them one by one, then stuck on 82. I figured it was just taking time to finish so I walked away for a while and came back to find it still stuck.

I hard reset and it did the same thing all over, X amount of apps are updating and then hung up at the end.

How long should this take?

Also why is it that I get NO signal on this ROM or any ICS build? Doesn't matter if I'm on one of Calk's ICS ROMS or this AOKP ROM. In GB, I show 2 to 3 bars in my basement, I show none on any ICS build, no matter what modem I have installed.

That said, the phone seems to work OK.

Thoughts?
11th June 2012, 01:21 PM |#7553  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoggy

So yeah, I managed to give myself a yellow triangle of death! I ODIN flashed EL26 CWM Stock TAR file and now my Epic Touch has the triangle.

I assume this is normal?

Anyway I flashed Build 37 and got it working OK but then I flashed the FF09 AGAT kernel and when I rebooted it said something to the affect of 82 applications are updating and it counted threw them one by one, then stuck on 82. I figured it was just taking time to finish so I walked away for a while and came back to find it still stuck.

I hard reset and it did the same thing all over, X amount of apps are updating and then hung up at the end.

Also why is it that I get NO signal on this ROM or any ICS build? Doesn't matter if I'm on one of Calk's ICS ROMS or this AOKP ROM. In GB, I show 2 to 3 bars in my basement, I show none on any ICS build, no matter what modem I have installed.

Thoughts?

Did u wipe data in recovery

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
11th June 2012, 01:32 PM |#7554  
Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep / Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 13,051

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoggy

I assume this is normal?

Thoughts?

The problem is you are running a TW kernel on an AOSP ROM. What you'll need to do is to possibly do a fresh install, flash AOKP, flash GAPPS and then flash the AOSP based kernel you want.

Currently there are no AOSP kernels that are packed with a Custom Recovery for ICS. Although, TCP has hinted he's got one he's hoping to roll out with build 38.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2012, 02:08 PM |#7555  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

The problem is you are running a TW kernel on an AOSP ROM. What you'll need to do is to possibly do a fresh install, flash AOKP, flash GAPPS and then flash the AOSP based kernel you want.

Currently there are no AOSP kernels that are packed with a Custom Recovery for ICS. Although, TCP has hinted he's got one he's hoping to roll out with build 38.

Good luck!

You may just be able to get away with flashing an AOSP kernel through Mobile Odin but I'd recommend the fresh start.
11th June 2012, 02:58 PM |#7556  
Flag Philthadelphia
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidica

When it's ready and T.C.P stops having issues with the source build he is making. Just wait it's not like it's going to kill you

Umm...ahem..*cough*, I don't want to turn this into a bitch / flame session...BUT-

This IS a fair question. It might be annoying to see every few posts..but it is fair. A good number of people donated cold hard cash for a new phone and while it DOES NOT entitle us to any expectation of receiving something at a certain time, it would be the right thing to at least get an update every few days. He did post several days ago that it was coming same day..so it's not out of line here.

I'm happy to wait however long it takes, but communication is key. I'm not saying we should expect a book, but a line or two of status isn't that hard. (Please?)
The Following User Says Thank You to d j a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d j a Ad-Free
11th June 2012, 04:03 PM |#7557  
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 4,258

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j a

Umm...ahem..*cough*, I don't want to turn this into a bitch / flame session...BUT-

This IS a fair question. It might be annoying to see every few posts..but it is fair. A good number of people donated cold hard cash for a new phone and while it DOES NOT entitle us to any expectation of receiving something at a certain time, it would be the right thing to at least get an update every few days. He did post several days ago that it was coming same day..so it's not out of line here.

I'm happy to wait however long it takes, but communication is key. I'm not saying we should expect a book, but a line or two of status isn't that hard. (Please?)

Whoa. I really don't think you should have thrown the donation comment out there. If you believe it doesn't entitle you to anything then you should have never brought it up. With any type of work, unforseen errors can occur at the last minute. While I obviously don't get to see Erick face to face I do know he will go silent even with me while he is busy. When you are determined to make sure things work properly, everyone has their own way of coping. This kind of work can work the mind to the point of pure frustration. Erick will get it when he feels it is ready. Just because he doesn't keep a blog of everything he is running into, doesn't mean you can start rambling off mad because he isn't appeasing you. I am pretty sure that Erick has brought plenty to the table to deserve any donation you sent him. Now I ask that you stay on topic and be patient. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to KBizzle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KBizzle Ad-Free
11th June 2012, 04:28 PM |#7558  
Flag Philthadelphia
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBizzle

Whoa. I really don't think you should have thrown the donation comment out there. If you believe it doesn't entitle you to anything then you should have never brought it up. With any type of work, unforseen errors can occur at the last minute. While I obviously don't get to see Erick face to face I do know he will go silent even with me while he is busy. When you are determined to make sure things work properly, everyone has their own way of coping. This kind of work can work the mind to the point of pure frustration. Erick will get it when he feels it is ready. Just because he doesn't keep a blog of everything he is running into, doesn't mean you can start rambling off mad because he isn't appeasing you. I am pretty sure that Erick has brought plenty to the table to deserve any donation you sent him. Now I ask that you stay on topic and be patient. Thanks.

No worries, and I'm NOT bitching. I'm not mad either. I would happily donate again..I'm just stating that if you are receiving donations, some status updates are in order, nothing huge there...and people should be allowed to speak their mind without being jumped on. (Not you, other folks jumping on people for the slightest question...) I know it's annoying for people to keep asking for status updates, but really- it's not hard to say **** is broke because.."X" doesn't work.
11th June 2012, 04:35 PM |#7559  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No worries, and I'm NOT bitching. I'm not mad either. I would happily donate again..I'm just stating that if you are receiving donations, some status updates are in order, nothing huge there...and people should be allowed to speak their mind without being jumped on. (Not you, other folks jumping on people for the slightest question...) I know it's annoying for people to keep asking for status updates, but really- it's not hard to say **** is broke because.."X" doesn't work.

But would you rather he spend the time putting out an update or working on fixing the bugs so he can roll it out earlier?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2012, 04:56 PM |#7560  
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 492

More
Quote:

For one I didn't even jump on you. I stated perfectly it will be done when it's ready. If you have been following the thread which from the looks of it you HAVE then you would know he's is running into trouble with the AOKP source. Fact is donating or not it will be ready when it's ready. T.C.P. always comes through and always has give it time he is having issues it's not like he can just wave a wand and say ok it works lets go.
11th June 2012, 05:05 PM |#7561  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread