Kaiser Stuck at Bootloader (aka Tri Color or Red, Green, Blue Screen)? Solutions Here

Search This thread

amirBiari

Dec 14, 2011
Help

hi... my phone (7 pro) no show "serial" or "USB" in tricolor mode...!!
how to fix this problem ?? please help
tnx :|

kalpesh_khatri

Feb 7, 2011
Cmd>info 2
HTCSHTC__001‰øð'HTCE
Cmd>info 8

--- 2K bytes sector version ---

DEVICE NAME=samsung_k9k2g08
DEVICE ID=0xAA
DEVICE MAKER ID=0xEC
PAGE SIZE=0x800
TOTAL PAGE SIZE=0x840
BLOCK COUNT=0x800
BLOCK PAGE=0x40

Checking block information

BLOCK 0 (0x0) is reversed block
BLOCK 1 (0x1) is reversed block
BLOCK 2 (0x2) is reversed block
BLOCK 8 (0x8) is reversed block
BLOCK 116 (0x74) is bad block
OS NOT FOUND !!!

Cmd>
please help me this is my htc kaiser info in mtt info cmd 2 & 8 what can i do next please help me thanks in advance

cfhplumb

Dec 14, 2009
Haven't Even Started!

:eek: I got the Tri-Color screen, BEFORE flashing anything! Or even beginning, for that matter. I have an HTC TyTn II. It reads USB in the white and random numbers in the upper left. How do I escape?

hfj00

Jun 12, 2012
HTC TOUCH PRO2 bootloader

Hi there. 2 days ago my HTC TOUCH PRO2 was running normally. I wanted to restart it. But when I clicked on power button to turn it on, it went to the bootloader screen.

I have never flashed my rom before. the only time i installed a new ROM was when HTC released their new ROM 2 years ago. Since then, any time I needed I would hard reset. But this time it just went to bootloader for no reason.

I tried to fix it by MTTY using set 140 ... etc but I realize now that RUUH... needs to be shown in the first place. .
So the boot command this is the output:

Cmd>boot
InitDisplay: Display_Chip=1

Fill RSVD information for block 288 to 321
Storage start sector=0x19840, total sector=0x21780
Storage start block=1666, total block=2142
Total Bad Block in CE: 0

Erase physical block from 1956 to 4080

formatstorage Bad block found: 3166
si backup: Erase physical block from 4080 to 4096

Network ID is 0xFFFFFFFF

Other SKU

Fixed new dwPSImageSize = 0x109C0000
Card inserted

SD clk rate 19MHz

Cmd5 CMD_TIMEOUT
SD clk rate 144KHZ

SD 2.0 HC card
TURBO mode : SD Clk rate 24 MHz

SD Init OK

SDFATChkConf: RhOpenFile() failed RHODCONF.txt

so i guess it can't read the configuration file

anyways these are info 2 and info 8 results :
Cmd>boot
InitDisplay: Display_Chip=1

Fill RSVD information for block 288 to 321
Storage start sector=0x19840, total sector=0x21780
Storage start block=1666, total block=2142
Total Bad Block in CE: 0

Erase physical block from 1956 to 4080

formatstorage Bad block found: 3166
si backup: Erase physical block from 4080 to 4096

Network ID is 0xFFFFFFFF

Other SKU

Fixed new dwPSImageSize = 0x109C0000
Card inserted

SD clk rate 19MHz

Cmd5 CMD_TIMEOUT
SD clk rate 144KHZ

SD 2.0 HC card
TURBO mode : SD Clk rate 24 MHz

SD Init OK

SDFATChkConf: RhOpenFile() failed RHODCONF.txt

This is the bootloader screen :

RHOD100 32M SS-BC
SPL-0.87 0000
MicroP(LED) 0x0A
MicroP (KEY) 0x04
TURBO WW/TURBO SW
TP MFG DATA
535,518 247,194
826,201 247,194
235,856 Calibrated

Thanks in advance !

toshibashi

Mar 29, 2007
Kaiser freezes at boot splash screen

Hi,
I tried to flash a German WM 6.5 ROM. It initialy worked but after trying it for some 30 minutes it started reacting slowly and eventually froze. I did soft and hard reboots, flashed again and again but things only got worse. Then I flashed WM 6.1 again but it behaves weird and after starting and closing some programs it freezes too. Now it won't even boot any more, gets stuck in the boot splash screen.

Could it be the NAND is damaged from too much flashing? How many times can a NAND ROM be flashed?

Can I do anything to make bad blocks usable again? Formatting? Howto?

Best regards,
Toshibsahi

Last edited:

toshibashi

Mar 29, 2007
Sorry, wrong here

ok, I admit my problem doesn't fit exactly into this tricolor thread since my Kaiser boots to the splash screen. I'll try somewhere else. Thanks for your compassion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before someone comes and flames me for creating a new thread (*hide from DaveShaw*) let me explain:

I have created a Wiki page for users who are stuck at the SPL (a.k.a Bootloader, Tri-Colour screen etc.):

This has helped out a number of users who have become stuck at the SPL but every day I see more and more users getting stuck and creating new thread, or going off topic in other threads.

What to do if you get stuck:
    • Read the Wiki Page and follow the advice: Kaiser_stuck_at_bootloader
    • If you have tried all the steps in the wiki and still have a problem, read the feedback from other users in this thread and any advice I give out in this thread.
    • If you are still having problems please post all the details you can about what you have done and what version ROM / Radio / SPL you are running in this thread.

Credits:
    Everyone I credited in the Wiki page.
    mrdo who followed my advice and donated.:)
    P1Tater for stickying this thread.
    cmonex who seems to teach me something each day.

Thanks
    Dave
    Nice thread. Worth a sticky since it seems to be happening quite frequently lately;)
    Nice thread. Worth a sticky since it seems to be happening quite frequently lately;)

Thanks to much I have learned from Master Jocky_W, I am currently working on hacking o a couple of Jockey's new HardSPL's into MFG variations. This will allow for the checking, formatting & fixing of OS flash memory blocks.

I am just about done I think, & then off to Jock it will go for his comments & keen eye. ;)
    Thanks to much I have learned from Master Jocky_W, I am currently working on hacking o a couple of Jockey's new HardSPL's into MFG variations. This will allow for the checking, formatting & fixing of OS flash memory blocks.

I am just about done I think, & then off to Jock it will go for his comments & keen eye. ;)

Nice one, I was thinking MFG 3.* HardSPL would be good, but I assumed there was a good reason for them not to exist. Little did I know that's where you were hiding :)

Great work.

Dave
    Good idea with this thread, congratulations.
    Just to add something useful for the thread, here is my tip: (for n00bs, or a "newbie-n00bs" since I consider myself a n00b too ;) )

No matter what, DON'T PANIC.
    If your phone boots at least partially (the bootloader starts and shows R/G/D versions) maybe its not that bad :)
    I've flashed few times "bad ROMs" and my phone stucked on bootloader. Luckily none of them was that bad that I couldn't recover from it.
    What I do first:
    disconnect the phone from anything you had it connected to,
    and go into bootloader mode (camera button + reset with stylus).
    It will show the tricolor+white screen, SPL version on the top and "Serial" at the bottom.
    Plug in your USB cable.
    If the "Serial" will change into "USB" at the bottom, you are most likely ready to fix the problem
    - so flash your phone with new clean ROM now (I would go with clean stock ROM including radio as well)
    oh, and don't worry about the ActiveSync info that may be displayed by the RUU app, because you are already in bootloader mode (RUU or KaiserCustomRUU etc, at first disconnects AS in order to set your phone in bootloader mode, thats why the warnings about AS being "green" etc)
    HTH :)