Update on LiveView™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
it does not want to connect to internet,

but i used new SONY upadte program, and here and there i manage to connect the device and it told me you have to update, and than i clikc OK., and it says no update found...

****.... SE really set a low mark with this one.... I'm waiting for smartwatch now, I hope it better than this ****

gamefreakgcb

Jan 8, 2007
I have a Galaxy Nexus and the only plugin I can get to show up after install is the Presentation Pal. The other plugins are not even detected. Guess ICS and Liveview don't play nice with each other. Very neat toy. Am looking to get a better watch strap to use it as a watch.

scottietohottie

Oct 2, 2010
Got one from play.com, could not get plugin's to show. Tried sporty pal pro and that worked! After reading this thread

http://android.modaco.com/topic/350283-compatibility-of-liveview-application-with-ics/

Seems you need to enable plugins to get them to show. Problem is you enable them through liveview!

Fix is to use something to open the plugin's preferences to enable it. Suggested answer (which worked for me) is to use ADW Launcher, create custom shortcut > activities > "select plugin > preferences" launch and enable.

Now connection issues are a different story!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ventci

Mar 16, 2008
Sofia
Liveview - Driver for Windows

I have downloaded the latest version of PC Companion from sonymobile.com, installed the program first and then connected the Liveview with usb cable in DFU mode. I got an error message that windows 7 is not able to find driver for the liveview, usually the driver is installed with the program, so what should i do in this case?

:confused:

GigiAUT

Sep 16, 2010
I have a vzw nexus is it really worth dropping 40$ on one of these things? or should I just not even bother?

If you're running ICS, don't bother. It doesn't play nice with the app that the liveview needs to stay connected. Since I upgraded from Gingerbread, it's been a nightmare.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

xXjuz4funXx

Jan 13, 2012
kedah
last night brough a LiveLiew,try to install Plug-ins from market...
after install sucessful,Live ware show installed,
but in Live View application>manage Plug-ins,it showup No plug-ins installed...
how to solve this problem?
LiveView using at my Neo ICS

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
[EDIT 2]
Tweaking the Linkkeys file wasn't stbale.

I'm still seaking for the optimal solution, and I stumbled upon another thread which I'm gong to follow:
[HOW-TO][APP] Make the SE liveview work on ICS
It contains a complete list of possible solutions you can try. Tested on GB, ICS, CM7, CM9 and more!

Kind regards!
UltimateGeppie
[EDIT 2/]

[EDIT]
The connection seemed stable but wasn't. All the usual problems were still there :(
So today i tweaked the linkkey file (need root) and that seems to do the trick!
This tweak doesn't solve the real problem, but it makes a good work-around. The liveview device still looses connection, but when it tries to reconnect, you don't need to accept the connection. The phone simply accepts the connection.
[EDIT/]

So, recently I bought a second hand LiveView.
I had the connection drops), but with Livecharm installed it was a bit better.

This morning I updated the firmware on my liveView an now this thing rocks!
I don't need LiveCharm anymore and it just dropped connection one time during the day (fingers crossed). So I'm using a pretty basic setup without any hacks or tricks.

I'm using a custom ROM on my SE Xperia X10i.
(both Mokee and Champs x10s port are able to work with liveview).
They are both CM7 based.
If I can contribute (eg. by giving insight in details of my working setup) then just let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Nonetheless I'm hoping that developers wont abandon their OpenView project.
LiveView has much potential. Since I've got mine working, I'm reading all tweets, facebook updates en news (RSS) on the LiveView.
It even becomes annoying that i need my phone to post updates myself :)

So if you can get it to work, it';s a great toy.

Last edited:

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
To everybody that is interested: Sony updated their liveview app. The stability has heen improved a lot! You really schould try it.

Also, there is a thread about reverse engineering the liveview. Just Google: openliveview, or go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1422106
This app is in beta, but does a really good job and never had connection issues.

Liveview has become a usefull and working device!

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: willfck4beer

kingstonxl

Jul 3, 2012
Poznań
LiveView Application has been updated! Now it works in background withs shown info in notification bar.

Despite that I think that OpenLiveView project is worth to lookup. It uses less memory and bring more notifications like GTalk and so on.

Reactions: willfck4beer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    Would you mind to share these APKs?
    I can't access to market right know!

LiveView App: http://www.mediafire.com/?yrjzqk919a5gllf

LiveWare App: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2sf7v7kl2fpf8l

[LOL, I accidently thanked your post :p]
    LiveView.png

The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ micro display has now been available for a while and we see more and more 3rd party developers starting to add support for it in their applications. The idea with the LiveView™ really is to leverage on 3rd party innovation so I’m glad to see that there already are quite a few developers creating plug-ins for it.

The currently available plug-ins span from using it as a notifier to more creative ideas like using it to pretend you’ve got a phone call.

These are the plug-ins that I found on Android Market as of now with short explanations.

• Moon Phase Pro: 3D interactive simulation of the moon.
    • LiveView™ HTC Music plug-in: Music plug-in for HTC phones.
    • OI Shopping List: Shop easily with your LiveView™.
    • FakeCall for LiveView™: Trigger sounds and vibration on your Android phone.
    • LiveView™ ContactCall plug-in: Lets you browse contacts and initiate a call.
    • LiveView™ for Cycle Hire: Quickly access and safely access docking station statuses for London’s TfL Barclays Cycle Hire scheme.
    • LiveView™ Weather plug-in: Show current weather forecast in your location.
    • SportyPal: Motivational training tool that gives you a view of your work-out.
    • Launcher plug-in: Display your application icons on the LiveView™.
    • Smart Training: GPS tracker tool, post your training record.
    • Where am I LiveView™ plug-in: Shows a map of your current location.
    • LiveView™ PowerAMP: Control any music player.
    • Gmail for LiveView™: Gmail notifications plug-in that also lets you read the first part of the e-mail.
    • Se-first.com news alert: RSS notifier for Se-first.com
    • Calendar plug-in: Gives you an overview of your calendar and you can scroll and dive into a daily agenda.
    • Twitter icon plug-in: Shows your Twitter icon or a QR-code so that you can spread your Twitter-url.
    • Mode plug-in: Profile manager that lets you switch between silent, vibrate etc.
    • Psps Ikina: To be honest I’m not really sure what this does, I guess I’m outside the target group :) If you know please enlighten me!

More...
    Again, don't forget to update your LiveView device using Sony Ericsson Update Service application. Run Update Service choose X10 then Next. Turn off LiveView. Connect to USB cable. Press and hold Right button, then Left (Power) button until DFU appear on screen. Then update will guide you through the update.

If some would like, please post some ideas you want to see implemented on LiveView...
    Hello!
    Would you mind to share these APKs?
    I can't access to market right know!
    I've re-updated my liveview firmware through UpdateService (link) which hard-resetted the device, then I re-paired it with the phone and it seems to run a bit better now.

It still disconnects after a long while which is probably what it's programmed to do to save battery but now it always connects on the first try (instead of 10 tries). i'll be doing this every time I switch to a new ROM. maybe the liveview doesn't like having more than one device paired in its history and after every ROM upgrade, it needs to be hard resetted.