Thanks Meter: 4,748

By Martin_Ro, Senior Member on 17th May 2012, 12:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2012, 02:11 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen, Germany

More
Only 98% ???? That's too low ? Where Or when did you encounter a Problem?

About launcher: That's more of individual preferences.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Martin_Ro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Martin_Ro Ad-Free

14th June 2012, 09:37 AM |#42  
Flag Poznan Area
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi,

It did hang three times (V2), earlier it slowed down so strongly so it became unoperational. Hard reset did the thing and it works (cleaning RAM did not help at all, also - killing app's and/or processes in manager also had no impact - it was still running soooo sloooow).
14th June 2012, 09:48 AM |#43  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen, Germany

More
Maybe an App you installed ?
I have it running for days without any lags, my wife also (and she does some gaming with it) so I really don't know this problem....

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2
14th June 2012, 01:17 PM |#44  
Flag Poznan Area
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I'm using Biz calendar (and it's widget), APW widgets (calendar), ES Explorer, LGCamera free, Camera FV-5 free, gMail, Quick Pic and few other minor very rarely used apps. Basicaly it serves me as a phone/calendar Since time to time as navi.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that it may be related to some adjustments in the ROM. Then when you use other launchers and GoLocker it may cause some 'stuttering'.
Anyway - it works rather flawlessly

BTW - is it possible to import/adapt codecs used in old 2.3.3? I.e. of the ROM XXKI2 -> I9001XXKI2_I9001XXKI2_I9001OXAKI1_HOME.tar.md5
It's about codec's used by Samsung - the old ones are way better. This results in audio (coding) quality.
Differences are huge - especially in comparison to the codecs used on newer ROM's (starting from 2.3.4 up to current ROM's). Samsung did not want to pay licence fees, so they changed the codecs to the ones with poor quality.
There's a thread on XDA and one of polish SGS+ forums about this.
On PL forum there's a thread with above mentioned ROM - it has 'battery drain issues', but HQ codecs. The difference in A/V recording/playing is significant

Greetings
14th June 2012, 02:05 PM |#45  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen, Germany

More
Yes, it could be that some other Launcher interfer with Go Locker.

Maybe you can test to deactivate Go Locker and use the stock one for testing this.

To the Codecs:
I don't know if it's possible, mainly because of possible interface changes between 2.3.3 and 2.3.6.

Im not so experienced to check this.
Maybe broodblank, crybert or some of the other pro's are more into it...
12th September 2012, 12:14 PM |#46  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen, Germany

More
as someone asked for it, i have attached stock eMail-App as recovery-installable to first post
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)