Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

myfluxi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2011
Kernel Update Fluxi XX.02-beta4

This update is only needed for the new led backlight level (= "0") to avoid users reporting their bln was broken.

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.tar

Update xxTweaker v0.3.9_beta5

This is a monster update (at least for me), now we're having a feature freeze.

OTA or direct download: fluxi-xxTweaker-0.3.9_beta5.zip

Changelog:
  • kernel: keyboard: cypress: Use standard voltage for constant/blinking bln, with very low voltages, the user might wonder why "bln does not work"
  • kernel: Upstream patches from CM9 repo and more smaller patches
  • ramdisk: Update CWM recovery, add "Power off" option in Advanced menu (user request)
  • xxTweaker: System: Rewrite LCD-Density part to catch unxpected user settings
  • xxTweaker: System: Reset fuel gauge option (user request)
  • xxTweaker: Display: Rewrite touch config logic
  • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New "Level 0" for the LED button backlight, helps as workaround to keep LED buttons effectively off
  • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New 1 minute timeout for notifications (user request)
  • xxTweaker: CPU: On governor change, reload saved user settings for the selected governor. So now it's possible to have individual settings for each governor - nice!
  • xxTweaker: CPU: Remove read only value sampling_rate_min from settings in ondemand and conservative
  • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix Bus Frequency up threshold value on reload after reboot
  • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix on changing governors, governor list reports the actually selected governor
  • xxTweaker: New settings administration. Save, restore, manage and reset your settings. As it is a new function that required much more than 1000 lines of code and a lot of detail work (and as a sidenote is the killer feature in ExTweaks Pro that costs you $$$), there may be small errors. If errors occure, please supply logs and report what exactly happened before failure.

Last edited:

grzesdroid

Feb 13, 2012
Jaworzyna Śląska
Myfluxi you are amazing: D thanx !!!

tapatalk@ SGS ||
rrrom2.png

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
Can you add abyssplug governor from abyss kernel? And can you add 25mhz and 50mhz?

Samsung Galaxy S II Powered by CyanogenMod 9 + Fluxxi Kernel

Was proven by Gok to be nothing more than a renamed hotplug governor so would be worthless in this kernel and we already have a tweaked Ondemand which works perfectly. My advice would be to stick with that kernel if you like it that much or search the forum for abyssplug or assplug (I'm not being rude that's what it was referred to as so may help you find posts about it).

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Updated first and second post with new update (12/06/2012)

Sorry for the mistake..

It's just been updated today a couple of posts earlier than yours ;)

sakindia123

May 6, 2011
Noida
thanks for the new app,although i get a "Kernel not supported" in beta5(no such thing in beta3-I think u implemented some sort of version checker) ,the app still works flawlessly :)

myfluxi

Jun 28, 2011
Please search this thread about my opinion about pegasusq on the sgs2. It's one of Gökhan's dreams, and I wholeheartedly respect his excellent work on getting it running on our device. But again, imho it offers no advantage at all.

If I work on a kernel for the sgs3 I will surely use some of his knowledge about the nessecary steps to patch cpufreq and hotplugging logics. But even on a quad core - I do not see the advantage as there are no applications (except for demos and benchmarks) that effectively make use of multicore.

If you need pegasusq, allright but please search elsewhere :)

Regarding the other topic, :D:D:D @ AvRS

@xator11: thanks!

@sakindia123: It checks for FLUXI in the kernel name - not to protect it but to avoid whining users, "IT DOES NOT WORKZ!!!"

Reactions: sakindia123

xator91

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 5, 2011
Palermo
www.veindroid.com
Please search this thread about my opinion about pegasusq on the sgs2. It's one of Gökhan's dreams, and I wholeheartedly respect his excellent work on getting it running on our device. But again, imho it offers no advantage at all.

If I work on a kernel for the sgs3 I will surely use some of his knowledge about the nessecary steps to patch cpufreq and hotplugging logics. But even on a quad core - I do not see the advantage as there are no applications (except for demos and benchmarks) that effectively make use of multicore.

@sakindia123: It checks for FLUXI in the kernel name - not to protect it but to avoid whining users, "IT DOES NOT WORKZ!!!"

Thanks too for your best kernel :)

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009

Crazy-Silver

Oct 21, 2011
Boscotrecase
Was proven by Gok to be nothing more than a renamed hotplug governor so would be worthless in this kernel and we already have a tweaked Ondemand which works perfectly. My advice would be to stick with that kernel if you like it that much or search the forum for abyssplug or assplug (I'm not being rude that's what it was referred to as so may help you find posts about it).

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

It's just been updated today a couple of posts earlier than yours ;)

Thanks guys...... I am on fluxxi from yesterday and I don't know autor's opinion about this governor.... I like a lot the ondemand gov of this kernel....

Samsung Galaxy S II Powered by CyanogenMod 9 + Fluxxi Kernel

JAG131990

Jul 17, 2011
So xxTweaker is no where to be found not in app drawer not in system -> apps. Not in titanium backup yet when I go to install it says previous version blah blah. I didn't try to remove it I just tried to open it from apex and it said app isn't installed it just dissapeared

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
So xxTweaker is no where to be found not in app drawer not in system -> apps. Not in titanium backup yet when I go to install it says previous version blah blah. I didn't try to remove it I just tried to open it from apex and it said app isn't installed it just dissapeared

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Look in /data/app and it should be there called net.fluxi something or another. Delete it and try again.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Honusnap

Feb 20, 2010
Hi guys.. I m on Paranoidandroid with fluxi kernel.. But the automatic brightness is not working properly with this kernel.. Rest other kernel its works.. It takes more than 15 seconds.. and when it reaches brightness if i come to dark side it doesn decrease to low.. It stays thr only.. any solution?

Yep, set the "Exynos Sensor HAL" to Open Source sensor
xxTweaker => System

myfluxi

Jun 28, 2011
This is good news for those that build from your sources :D Will look forwarding to testing as always.
Problem is I want a simple check, a string, litttle I/O. I have an idea for KANG'ers, something like: if not string FLUXI; then check for $file; else...

The presence of the file would be enough. So you wouldn't be forced to use the FLUXI localversion string if you don't like it. Maybe "/system/etc/fluxi_compatible"? Waddaya think?

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Problem is I want a simple check, a string, litttle I/O. I have an idea for KANG'ers, something like: if not string FLUXI; then check for $file; else...

The presence of the file would be enough. So you wouldn't be forced to use the FLUXI localversion string if you don't like it. Maybe "/system/etc/fluxi_compatible"? Waddaya think?

that works for me. as you know i compile from your sources, if its a matter of placing fluxi_compatible in /system/etc, i will be happy to.

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
It's there, to be published with the next version.

Great stuff :D I didn't wanna answer your question as I only do the testing, krarvind does the compiling ;) This is what XDA is about, great to see you accept and make your work more accessible to others.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Honusnap

Feb 20, 2010

If not string FLUXI, just ask a question when xxTweaker is launched "Is your Kernel Fluxi ready ?" (only the first time), up to the user to click yes/no and have problems if it is not.
I always experience problems with too much test and conditions before using a product.
/system/etc/fluxi_compatible... then ..? I install a new kernel that is not compatible on top of a Fluxi install... xxTweaker check in /system/etc/fluxi_compatible .. ok.. go go .. but it isn't compatible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLUXI KERNEL ICS I9100 *27.06.12*

Features:
    • Current version: XX.02-beta10
    • Must-have for CyanogenMod AOKP CM9 and ICS
    • Linux kernel 3.0.36
    • Samsung Open Source Update 4
    • Toolchain XX.03, Linaro GCC 4.7.1 NEON FPU optimizations for ARM Cortex-A9
    • Optimized kernel configuration
    • Compiler tweaks
    • ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 xxTouch fully customized & Remanufactured
    xxTweaker app with huge functionality:
    • Kernel Backlight Notification BLN, Breathing, LED-Fadeout * BLN and LED in xxTweaker
    • Backlight Notification BLN * 100% Working by BLN Control
    • CPU OC / UV 100-1600MHz * As xxTweaker, Voltage Control, or SetCPU init.d script
    • Governor and Governor Settings * CPU / governor in xxTweaker
    • ondemand governor significantly optimized with screen-off profile and boost at low frequencies * CPU / governor in xxTweaker
    • CPU hotplugging Settings * CPU / hotplug in xxTweaker
    • Energy saving options * General to xxTweaker
    • I/O scheduler * General to xxTweaker
    • Charging current settings for AC and USB Misc * General to xxTweaker
    • GPU OC / UV 3step 67-400MHz, 700-1200mV and thresholds * As xxTweaker, Voltage Control or init.d script
    • LCD Density Settings * General to xxTweaker
    • ROM Manager * As xxTweaker
    • Automated multiple Flash files in a zip-through * As xxTweaker
    • Screen cursor hysteresis movement * As xxTweaker or tegrak Touch Move
    • Touch screen sensitivity (ex. display with protective cover) * As xxTweaker
    • Volume of Quiet to LOUDERER adjustable * sound settings in xxTweaker
    • Super AMOLED mDNIe +, sharp, beautiful colors with no yellowing * Configurable with xxTweaker
    • Configurable brightness/gamma * Level in xxTweaker
    • Configurable screen color temperature * in xxTweaker
    • And much more ...
    • Public sources under https://github.com/myfluxi/xxICSKernel

Original Thread Link: http://www.android-hilfe.de/kernel-...ernel-ics-xxtweaker-app-xxtouch-recovery.html

Official Discussion Thread (Non-development/settings/battery life) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1732028

LATEST RELEASE XX.02-beta9

Download:
    CWM ZIP: Fluxi CWM XX.02-beta10

Odin TAR: Fluxi ODIN XX.02-beta10

xxTweaker Download:

xxTweaker-0.3.9_rc2.zip
    Kernel Update Fluxi ICS XX.03-beta1

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.03-beta1.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.03-beta1.tar

Update xxTweaker v0.4.0_beta1

OTA or direct download: fluxi-xxTweaker-0.4.0_beta1.apk

Changelog:
    • Kernel: Rebase on top of CM kernel, code review, cleanup
    • Kernel: Add vr I/O scheduler
    • Kernel: Limit GPU voltage back to 800mV, a lower limit may cause Mali kernel errors
    • Kernel: Use LED button brightness for constant and blinking BLN
    • Kernel: USB: Use 4 storage pipeline buffers
    • Kernel: USB: Increase vbus draw
    • Ramdisk: Update recovery
    • Ramdisk: Use cool Android Jelly Bean charging gfx
    • Ramdisk: Install ntfs-3g binary
    • xxTweaker: Update to v0.4.0_beta1
    • xxTweaker: Automount NTFS drives to {internal SD-Card}/usbdisk
    • xxTweaker: Move fix permissions task to thread, fixes UI freeze
    • xxTweaker: OTA: Don't download updates if file is already present
    • xxTweaker: OTA: Uninstall and install tweaker .apk instead of flashing a zip, personal settings are persistent
    • xxTweaker: Disable vibration settings, it's in CM now
    Kernel Update Fluxi ICS XX.02-beta10

Slomo may be actually two bugs, which explains why it happened much less with beta9. So those observations regarding the mmc driver were not totally unfounded while the conclusion may have been a bit off. Let's see what happens.

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta10.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta10.tar

Changelog:
    • Kernel: Fix typo in ext4 driver that may have caused those slowdowns on wakeup and unlock
    • Kernel: touchscreen: Optionally flash LED buttons on touch, not in the tweaker app yet, if you need it *now*, echo/write time in ms into /sys/class/sec/sec_touchscreen/tsp_flash_timeout, e.g. for one second
      echo 1000 > /sys/class/sec/sec_touchscreen/tsp_flash_timeout
    • Fileserver: On download instead of "download.php" correct filenames are saved
    Thank me if everyone is happy again :)
    Kernel Update Fluxi XX.02-beta4

This update is only needed for the new led backlight level (= "0") to avoid users reporting their bln was broken.

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.tar

Update xxTweaker v0.3.9_beta5

This is a monster update (at least for me), now we're having a feature freeze.

OTA or direct download: fluxi-xxTweaker-0.3.9_beta5.zip

Changelog:
    • kernel: keyboard: cypress: Use standard voltage for constant/blinking bln, with very low voltages, the user might wonder why "bln does not work"
    • kernel: Upstream patches from CM9 repo and more smaller patches
    • ramdisk: Update CWM recovery, add "Power off" option in Advanced menu (user request)
    • xxTweaker: System: Rewrite LCD-Density part to catch unxpected user settings
    • xxTweaker: System: Reset fuel gauge option (user request)
    • xxTweaker: Display: Rewrite touch config logic
    • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New "Level 0" for the LED button backlight, helps as workaround to keep LED buttons effectively off
    • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New 1 minute timeout for notifications (user request)
    • xxTweaker: CPU: On governor change, reload saved user settings for the selected governor. So now it's possible to have individual settings for each governor - nice!
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Remove read only value sampling_rate_min from settings in ondemand and conservative
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix Bus Frequency up threshold value on reload after reboot
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix on changing governors, governor list reports the actually selected governor
    • xxTweaker: New settings administration. Save, restore, manage and reset your settings. As it is a new function that required much more than 1000 lines of code and a lot of detail work (and as a sidenote is the killer feature in ExTweaks Pro that costs you $$$), there may be small errors. If errors occure, please supply logs and report what exactly happened before failure.