Voodoo sound

Search This thread

Superm@π

Dec 30, 2011
Can we install the custom kernel required to run the voodoo sound app or will that f#@k up our phones?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

drbveb88

Mar 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
Can we install the custom kernel required to run the voodoo sound app or will that f#@k up our phones?

I have asked this in the past and the answer given was "no its only for samsung phones". I really don't know enough to disagree but I know "S voice" is for Samsung phones but I am using right now on my rezound.
Also the voodoo developer, supercurio has no plans on doing anything for the rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Reactions: Superm@π

Superm@π

Dec 30, 2011
I have asked this in the past and the answer given was "no its only for samsung phones". I really don't know enough to disagree but I know "S voice" is for Samsung phones but I am using right now on my rezound.
Also the voodoo developer, supercurio has no plans on doing anything for the rezound.

That sucks.

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Technically, yes, it's possible. The Rezound uses the exact same audio chip as the Asus TF101, and supercurio has developed a Voodoo Sound driver for the TF101 that works in ICS. I asked him if he'd allow me to compile a kernel or kernel module to make Voodoo Sound work on the Rezound, and I was told no. Supercurio has decided to only allow Voodoo Sound to be used on devices which he actually owns so he can personally verify the proper function and implementation of his custom driver. I personally disagree with this decision, but respect that its his work and must also respect his wishes regarding it.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Technically, yes, it's possible. The Rezound uses the exact same audio chip as the Asus TF101, and supercurio has developed a Voodoo Sound driver for the TF101 that works in ICS. I asked him if he'd allow me to compile a kernel or kernel module to make Voodoo Sound work on the Rezound, and I was told no. Supercurio has decided to only allow Voodoo Sound to be used on devices which he actually owns so he can personally verify the proper function and implementation of his custom driver. I personally disagree with this decision, but respect that its his work and must also respect his wishes regarding it.

did he post any source on how he modified the kernel. i know chad is good at kernels and once source is dropped for ics we can ask him nicely to add it.

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
did he post any source on how he modified the kernel. i know chad is good at kernels and once source is dropped for ics we can ask him nicely to add it.

No source code yet, the ICS version is still in development. Actually I just noticed that supposedly the ICS driver has removed the necessity for a custom kernel. It's built into a beta build of his app for the tf101... I'll give it a shot later tonight, but don't get your hopes up. So far I've been unsuccessful on getting it to run on other practically identical platforms to the tf101 (ie Acer A100 and A500)

Reactions: Superm@π

Superm@π

Dec 30, 2011
No source code yet, the ICS version is still in development. Actually I just noticed that supposedly the ICS driver has removed the necessity for a custom kernel. It's built into a beta build of his app for the tf101... I'll give it a shot later tonight, but don't get your hopes up. So far I've been unsuccessful on getting it to run on other practically identical platforms to the tf101 (ie Acer A100 and A500)

At least there's hope.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.