[ROM] MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One S (Sense + Vanilla) new: WiFi Calling support

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
modacoone.png

onexir1-1.png
ir3versionville.png
onexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One S! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
  • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Based on the 1.84.531.2 release from T-Mobile, to allow WiFi calling. Note that all T-Mo added software is removed / abstracted.
  • All Google applications updated
  • All third party applications updated
  • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
  • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
  • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
  • Busybox included
  • Not odexed
  • Insecure boot image
  • Alternative appstores
  • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
  • init.d support on boot
  • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
  • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
  • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
  • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
  • Much much much more!
Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads
  • Ir3 Sense - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 666106566dd708db3ff3128c6dcc3c2f
  • Ir3 Sense + WiFi Calling - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 2f0a749f24dee14aa4a0ee57f520e613
  • Ir3 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 12632e14db3b88063c82fac0df8d7b91
Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

2nd July
  • Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)
  • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
  • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
  • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
  • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
19th June Ir3
  • Updated to release from T-Mobile
  • Fully kitchened to abstract WiFi Calling and T-Mo software
  • Added Sense + WiFi Calling prebake
  • Updated Vanilla prebake to use HTC Gallery for Best Shot etc.
16th June
  • Friendstream Fix
15th June Ir1
  • Initial Release

Last edited:

WCCobra

May 12, 2012
Hey paul,

Can you explain what "Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality" means? Were all HTC apps removed? What core HTC functionality is required if the HTC apps have been removed/replaced by stock ICS?

Also, I see this is the 1.78 base which mean no TMOUS WiFi calling. Any plans to release a 1.84 TMOUS build?

Reactions: ericman77

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Hey paul,

Can you explain what "Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality" means? Were all HTC apps removed? What core HTC functionality is required if the HTC apps have been removed/replaced by stock ICS?

Also, I see this is the 1.78 base which mean no TMOUS WiFi calling. Any plans to release a 1.84 TMOUS build?
The HTC call screen remains and the lockscreen (as that interfaces with the call screen), the notification bar etc. is still stock, all the HTC main apps are gone and replaced with ICS versions.

Yes, no TMOUS WiFi calling I guess. I'll look at doing a 1.84 based build, as long as that works OK on international devices!

it is multi-lingual?
Yes.

P

Reactions: ericman77

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Hey paul,

At a guess, I'd say he means you can have the AOSP look, while retaining things like full HTC camera functionality (inc. video)

Edit - Paul beat me to it - I should refresh my page more often :D

The Jones

Jul 14, 2008
London
The HTC call screen remains and the lockscreen (as that interfaces with the call screen), the notification bar etc. is still stock, all the HTC main apps are gone and replaced with ICS versions.

Does this mean that if we dont have the HTC lockscreen and bake a ROM with the ICS lockscreen, we have to unlock before answering a call? Does using the stock dialler solve this?

Also, has the annoying multi-task issue with the stock ROM been solved here?

Thanks

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Does this mean that if we dont have the HTC lockscreen and bake a ROM with the ICS lockscreen, we have to unlock before answering a call? Does using the stock dialler solve this?

Thanks

I think if you go for the ICS lockscreen, you would have the issue of unlocking first.

About multi-tasking, give this script a try, seeing as this ROM has init.d support.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669074

(Paul, could you include this going forward?)

WCCobra

May 12, 2012

Thanks

Yes, AOSP lock screen requires you to unlock before answering a call. I haven't seen any stock roms that have been able to get the AOSP lock screen working with the stock dialler. They all rely on Sense.

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com

Thanks
Correct, it's the phone app not the dialer that causes this - which is still HTC - hence using the HTC lock screen.

I think if you go for the ICS lockscreen, you would have the issue of unlocking first.

About multi-tasking, give this script a try, seeing as this ROM has init.d support.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669074

(Paul, could you include this going forward?)
Will do!

Does the Vanilla version still have Internet Pass-through?
Yes.

P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: raikesy

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Thanks for that suggestion. Can I just use that stuff as is given it is in the One X thread?

Yea, it works on all Sense 4.0 ROMs afaik.

Will do!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Paul, just a quick question. I think I'm going to give the Vanilla a go, but I rely heavily on the HTC Car Panel when driving to\from work. What apk.s will I need to put back in to get it working OK? Thanks!

The Jones

Jul 14, 2008
London
I have just baked and installed my own ROM and I am missing the connect to PC stuff, so I cannot mount my SD card or anything like that.

Can anyone help?

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I have just baked and installed my own ROM and I am missing the connect to PC stuff, so I cannot mount my SD card or anything like that.

Can anyone help?
Hmmm, i'm not sure which bit that lives in, i'll check. I assume you went pretty stripped down Vanilla? I wonder if that's in the 'PC Sync' module?

I'll let you know what I find.

P

Reactions: The Jones

The Jones

Jul 14, 2008
London
Hmmm, i'm not sure which bit that lives in, i'll check. I assume you went pretty stripped down Vanilla? I wonder if that's in the 'PC Sync' module?

I'll let you know what I find.

P

Just baked and installed a rom to include HTC Sync and that has solved the problem! Thanks for the suggestion. Loving the kitchens.

And yes, I have gone fairly vanilla.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    modacoone.png

onexir1-1.png
    ir3versionville.png
    onexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One S! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
    • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
    • Based on the 1.84.531.2 release from T-Mobile, to allow WiFi calling. Note that all T-Mo added software is removed / abstracted.
    • All Google applications updated
    • All third party applications updated
    • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
    • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
    • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
    • Busybox included
    • Not odexed
    • Insecure boot image
    • Alternative appstores
    • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
    • init.d support on boot
    • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
    • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
    • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
    • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
    • Much much much more!
    Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
    If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads
    • Ir3 Sense - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 666106566dd708db3ff3128c6dcc3c2f
    • Ir3 Sense + WiFi Calling - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 2f0a749f24dee14aa4a0ee57f520e613
    • Ir3 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 12632e14db3b88063c82fac0df8d7b91
    Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P
    Changelog

2nd July
    • Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
    29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)
    • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
    • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
    • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
    • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
    19th June Ir3
    • Updated to release from T-Mobile
    • Fully kitchened to abstract WiFi Calling and T-Mo software
    • Added Sense + WiFi Calling prebake
    • Updated Vanilla prebake to use HTC Gallery for Best Shot etc.
    16th June
    • Friendstream Fix
    15th June Ir1
    • Initial Release
    Taking requests for next / future releases. :)

P
    Hi Paul,

I went back, manually flashed the boot image and now everything is working! :victory:

One more thing... am I missing something? I don't see many options in this rom in terms of customization. Like Cyanongenmod had a whole list of settings in the settings tab but this mod doesn't.. for example making the background black in SMS. Are there extra options/settings hidden somewhere?
    No, as a stock based ROM there isn't that option.

Yet... I'm working on 'MCR control' for a future release.

P

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Is the Vanilla version completly themed? Like Dialer, Settings, SMS, Status bar, etc? I would really like to have stock ICS look for Settings.
    No, but this is upcoming!

P