[ROM]eOS4.888.FiRe -- The most stable WM6.1 ROM -- Latest: BIOS v.11.0

Search This thread

-888-

Jul 24, 2008

eOS 4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh) ROM for Kaiser

(Manila screenshots courtesy of tyguy)​

CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE (picture will open in new window or tab)

This is the look of the base ROM - without any UC apps installed yet
( it is exactly the same for eOS4.888, eOS4.6.8/ROMeOS4.6.888 and eOS4.888.FiRe, only PIE startup screen differs)

Tested or reported working fine in following non-English languages:
  • Arabic
  • French
  • German
  • Hebrew
  • Italian
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

..........::::: eOS? :::::..........

What is it...
Very stable and very reliable "lite" ROM...
due to post size limit, CONTINUED IN POST #2

..........::::: SPECS :::::..........

COMPATIBILITY
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(gets updated with users reports)

Device:
HTC Kaiser (link)
  • KAIS100 (tested OK)
  • KAIS110 (tested OK)
  • KAIS120 (reported OK)
  • KAIS130 (tested OK)
  • KAIS140 (reported OK)
  • KAIS160 (reported OK)

SPL: probably any modern custom SPL (link1) (link2)
  • JockyW hard-SPL3.28 (reported OK)
  • JockyW hard-SPL3.29 (tested OK)
  • cmonex hard-SPL3.29 (reported OK)
  • JockyW hard-SPL3.56 (reported OK)
  • should work with other versions (not tested)

Radio: probably any WM6.1-compliant radio (link)
  • 1.58.25.17 Neon (tested OK)
  • 1.65.17.56 (tested OK)
  • 1.65.20.29 (tested OK)
  • 1.65.24.36 Niki (reported OK)
  • 1.65.29.22 Niki (tested OK)
  • 1.70.18.02 (tested OK)
  • 1.70.19.09 (reported OK)
  • 1.71.09.01 eMo (reported OK)

Software: almost anything! (link)
  • all apps included in eXt.Pack (tested)
  • iGO (tested)
  • TomTom (tested)
  • standard Kaiser apps (tested)
  • ported Diamond apps (tested)
  • ported Opal apps (NOTE: older Opal cabs have problems - use only cabs from eXtPack081017 and newer)
  • HTC-CA D3D drivers (tested)
  • Omnia D3D drivers (tested)
  • Opera Mobile and Mini (tested) update 2009-06-11: Opera version 9.7 has problems (see post #491)
  • Manila2D UI (tested)
  • BlackBerry Connect (reported OK - read it)
  • probably any or most Java Midlets (midlets just need to support 240x320 screen)
  • probably any .NET CF apps (v. 1.1 / 2.0 /3.0 /3.5)
  • basically any apps compliant with PocketPC (Windows Mobile 2002, 2003, 2003SE, WM5, WM6, WM6.1)

Software reported NOT WORKING: (updated 2009-06-11)
  • Mozilla Fennec browser Beta 1 (see post #491)

OPERATING SYSTEM

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
This is hybrid based on Windows CE 5.2.20275 with full AKU 1.3.3 and partial AKU 1.4.0
with elements of the following builds:
  • and possibly other builds (see ROM Updater's "ReadMe" for details)

OUT OF the BOX (OOB)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RAM (Program Memory):
  • 91.34 MB total / 65.27 MB avail. OOB (6MB PagePool version)
  • 85.32 MB total / 59.33 MB avail.OOB (Dynamic PagePool version)

ROM (Storage Memory):
  • 157.94 MB total / 154.15 MB avail. OOB (any PagePool version)

..........::::: WHAT IS IN THE ROM? :::::..........

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Operating System
- Active Sync
- Calendar
- Connection Manager
- Contacts
- File Explorer
- Help
- Internet Explorer Mobile 7.11
- Internet File Sharing
- Pictures & Videos
- Search
- SIM Manager
- Solitaire
- Windows Media 10.3.19212
Esmertec Jbed 3.1.20080222
HTC Bluetooth Print 1.6.5.0
HTC Bluetooth SIM access 3.1.0.0R1
HTC Bluetooth FTP 1.2.33038_9
HTC Camera 5.04.29195.00.888
HTC QuickGPS 1.00.220821.01_888
HTC Random Access 1.0
HTC Sliding Sounds 1.0.1.888
HTC Symbol Pad 1.0.29364_0
IshiSoft Task Manager 1.4.5.0
Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5.7283_888
- includes all previous .NET CF versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0
Microsoft .NET Message 3.5
Microsoft Office Mobile 2007
Microsoft One Note 2007
Microsoft SQL CE Mobile 3.0.3600
ReenSoft PIE Plus 2.2.888 (eOS4.888.FiRe only)
- uninstallable

..........::::: WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN EXTENDED PACKS? :::::..........

EVERYTHING! :D
You can add or remove any app, program, software, file, feature or settings you can only think of (well, almost) if you do customize it yourself...

If you prefer "pre-set configurations" please have a look in post #3 where you will find some of the set app configurations
(and PLEASE! submit or post your SDconfig.txt and links to cab files if you have some good configuration that may be useful to others!)

..........::::: BUG LIST / UPDATES :::::..........

ROM eOS4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh)
- few updates from 20755 build (slight speed increase)
- few latest certificates
- reboot sound definitly suppressed at *any* sound configuration
- latest updates for Internet Explorer Mobile 7.11 (with ROM Updater U-2010.01)
- Windows Mobile Update KB975353 (with ROM Updater U-2010.01)
BUGS: 0 (zero, none)
The most stable Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM out there!
This is the last version and there are no plans to make another one.
IMHO it is as good as it gets, and unless there are any bugs there is no need to remake it again.
Enjoy your final ROM eOS :)

Since older ROM versions have been discontinued, their obsolete lists have been removed

Last edited:

-888-

Jul 24, 2008
..........::::: eOS FiRe? :::::..........
(continued from post#1)
What is it...
Very stable and very reliable "lite" ROM, and I dare to state it right from the start because myself and 2000+ other users (as of November 21, 2008) were running it and in that time we have NOT found any bugs :)
It is not "very lite" ROM as I would want, there are few many apps cooked-in for that, but since it started as "unofficial" continuation of ROMeOS line of ROMs I didn't change the things that were "always there". Having said that, I must add that it is just few apps I would have not included if I was 'designing" it by myself, i.e. Camera app (when cooked-in cannot be uninstalled or upgraded with newer or other versions obviously) or NETCF could have been moved to Storage Card (it *does* work fine from SD with every .net app I have tried so far, au contraire to what many people say; it is needed on Main Storage only if you have or use any .net apps that run at startup, ie ToDay plugins utilizing .net or such).

The Name...
As some of you know already, the name eOS is short for "enhanced Operating System" and it is very similar to now defunct ROMeOS series by hang.tuah.
The similarity of the name is not coincidence. It was first made as a mish-mash, a mixture, or a spaghetti consisting of ROMeOS 4.21, ROMeOS 4.5.3, ROMeOS 4.6.0 and even few files were taken from same base as ROMeOS 4.7.0 - spiced up large replacements, changes and additions from various other sources. But undeniably it's heart was ROMeOS :)
It supposed to be just a final bug-fix release to ROMeOS series, its last ROM, but unfortunately due to lack of communication with hang.tuah (ROMeOS creator), not knowing at that time his opinion on the subject, in the last minute I changed ROM's name to "eOS" or "eOS ROM" (from "ROMeOS 4.888" as I was originally planned) and simply credited hang.tuah as the "owner". That's all about this weird name.

Why "Final"...
Because as I said above, this is somewhat "unofficial" (meaning not released by hang.tuah) final bug-fix version for ROMeOS series. Version number 4.888 is a logical continuation, next after hang.tuah's last version 4.7, also because it is my nickname if you haven't notice it ;-)
And as for arguments that "this is first 888's ROMeOS so how it can't be already final" - well, actually it is not first, and as you see below there are two versions.

Bugs...
The first version, dated September 22, has a bug in Internet Explorer Mobile, where fullscreen doesn't work (fixed in the October ROM version, and is easy to fix on September ROM version with hotfix cab available in the eXtended Pack, if anyone wants it).
Another minor bug in this version (actually not a bug per se, but annoying Windows' own behaviour) is that with certain configuration there is sound file played at start up (this has been also fixed in the October ROM version, and is easy to fix on September ROM version with hotfix cab available in the eXtended Pack if anyone wants it).

Now the most important:
The concept of utilizing UC process, or "less cooked-in is better".
This ROM is UC capable, and although it is not "real lite" ROM, most of its content - thanks to UC - can be easily upgraded with time as newer or better app versions appear, without the need of replacing/reflashing entire new ROM :)
For example if you want to update your dialer its no problem, just uninstall it and install newer one. You want different Comm Manager? No problem either, just uninstall old one and install the one you want. You want newest Windows Live? No problem! Just... well, I'm sure you get the idea by now ;-) All of it is possible only because none of those apps is cooked-in in the ROM, but they are installed rather during or after each hard reset (with UC process) or simply installed and uninstalled "manually" whenever you want it.
That's basically the essence of this "less cooked-in is better" concept that few of us are advocating here.
some of the discussions:
thread1 thread2 thread3 thread4 thread5
/NOTE: some threads have been messed up by one of the forum members, but nevertheless it is still good read/

How it works?
In short - it works the same way as if the Chef would have cooked those apps into the ROM, the difference is that *YOU* choose what have to go there and when, because very very few apps really require to be actually cooked-in, 99% of them work the same when they are just installed the old way... and fear no evil - you DON'T have to do all of this installing by yourself :) That's where UC process comes in. You simply select the apps you want (you can use one of the "pre-set selection" if you don't want to do even that by yourself), copy 1 folder and 1 file to your SD card, and that's all. Everything you chose will be automatically installed during first boot after you've flashed your phone with new ROM, or/and during every hard reset in the future - much the same as if those apps were cooked-in in the ROM (but with your choices, and option to change your selections, replace or upgrade the apps with different/newer versions, etc etc). All you have to do is just keep your SD card in the phone.

More on UC:
main thread

..........::::: ROM DOWNLOADS :::::..........

Latest ReadMe file contains useful informations.
Please READ IT before downloading/using any ROMs.
>>>>> HERE <<<<<

*MUST*
REMOVE SIM CARD BEFORE FLASHING
&
HARD RESET AFTER FLASHING AND FIRST RUN
! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

wm6circlingavatarvs1.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
eOS 4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh)

6MB PagePool version <----- use this version if you don't know which one you need)
This is just the ROM, there is no Radio, no Splash, no Packs etc
  • 4shared (official)
  • RapidShare (temporarily not avilable)

Dynamic PagePool version
  • 4shared (official)

wm6circlingavatarvs1.gif

NEW
Introducing ROM Updaters!

---==[ ROM UPDATER ]==---

ROM eOS4.888.FiRe is supported through releases of ROM Updaters until 2011 by -888-
Since each ROM Updater (U-20xx.xx) contains *all* cumulative updates and Windows Mobile hotfixes, any previous ROM Updaters should be treated as obsolete. Please update your eOS FiRe only with latest ROM Updater version.
You can install ROM Updater at any time on your Kaiser, and installation of newer version on top of previous versions is absolutely fine (there is no need to hard reset or re-flash your ROM).
Just make sure: after installation you *must* soft reset (restart) your Kaiser immediately when you are asked to do so, don't wait or delay it.

Latest ROM Updater:
U-2010.01 (more info here)

---==[ PREVIOUS ROMs ]==---

All older ROMs are NOT SUPPORTED and no longer available

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-888- ROMs DATE/VER
  • 2010-10-18 eOS.5.888.Custom for TriCounty Res. Mgmt.
  • 2010-10-15 eOS.5.888.CustomBeta.1
  • 2009-12-12 eOS.4.888.FiRe with U-2010.01
  • 2008-10-14 eOS.4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh)
  • 2008-10-13 eOS.4.888.FR.b2 (Final Refresh, beta 2)
  • 2008-10-10 eOS.4.888.FR.b1 (Final Refresh, beta 1)
  • 2008-10-07 eOS.4.888.F (Final)
  • 2008-10-06 ROMeOS 4.6.888
  • 2008-09-20 eOS.4.888
  • 2008-09-16 eOS.4.888.b2 (beta 2)
  • 2008-09-12 eOS.4.888.b1 (beta 1)
  • 2008-08-08 3.14.888.3 (build 3)
  • 2008-07-10 3.14.888.2 (build 2)

My personal thanks go to (just from the top of my head) Akadonny, _Alex_, DaveShaw, duttythroy, Garmin, hang.tuah, kareem9nba, mbarvian, NATF, JockyW, pof, raiisak, sakajati, schaps, yardie.spike, and last but not least - probably some 1000 more very smart and very talented people on this board I should have really listed here as well, but then it would be ridiculusly long list... so I must apologize here to all my friends on xda-dev whom I didn't list!

Last edited:
Reactions: MT4GS

-888-

Jul 24, 2008
..........::::: ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS :::::..........
New eXt.Packs created by -888- are released when major or essential software gets updated.
That shouldn't stop YOU from updating or creating your own eXt.Packs!

*MUST*
REMOVE SIM CARD
! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

---==[ OFFICIAL ROM SPLASH]==---
This ROM does NOT come with any arbitrary boot splash - it would defeat it's design of being as much versatile as it is.
However if you want to have the "official" boot splash (the HTC BIOS splash), here is the link to the preview and flash file:
HTC BIOS v.11.0

---==[ LATEST eXTENDED PACK ]==---

wm6circlingavatarvs1.gif

eXt.Pack 100302
content Release Note, details, complete ReadMe, Manila notes
DOWNLOADS:
4shared (main link)
RapidShare (temporarily not avilable)

---==[ PREVIOUS eXT. PACKs ]==---

NOTE:
For best experience please always use latest eXt.Packs!
Links to previous eXt.Pack are here just for reference and for those who want to use previous version of apps updated or removed from latest eXt.Packs. In case older eXt.Pack disappears from this page (there is post size limit on xda) it will be available for as long as possible in my shared files (link is in my signature), same as many apps unlisted - but available - are already there.

eXt.Pack 091209
content details, complete ReadMe, Manila notes
DOWNLOADS:
No longer available / replaced with eXt.Pack 100302
but eXt.Pack 091209 PATCHER for existing users available HERE or HERE

eXt.Pack 081017
content ReadMe HERE, Manila notes HERE
DOWNLOADS:
4shared (main link)
Rapidshare (mirror thanks to ndn715)

eXt.Pack 081006
content info and NOTES moved HERE
DOWNLOADS:
no longer available

eXt.Pack 080922

content list HERE and HERE
DOWNLOADS:
no longer available

ROMeOS eXt.Pack 4.5.x.D

content post/thread no longer available
DOWNLOADS:
no longer available

Last edited:
Reactions: MT4GS

-888-

Jul 24, 2008
As previously stated, I don't really need donations.
However if you want to show your gratitude by donating any small or large amount, I will be happy to accept it. From now on (January 2010) all collected donations - once they amount to some round number like $100 - will be re-donated to something useful for everyone and everywhere, probably one of the cancer research labs (I will post here details once it happens).
And maybe a beer, or bottle of wine for me too ;)

DONATORS

Thank you very much and God Bless to:
Matthias Helfmann
P.S. Chang
JanS Maint. & Mach. Services
Adrian n Mohammed
来哪儿鎏
alhambra1980
"M. and R. T."
Rafael K
"M. and R. T." (2nd time)
lambrechts
Johan Day
"Cupertino Shark"
James Gusman
Alon Balosh
Peter Chan
Howard Muchinski
Haruna Al-Hassan
Gabriel Vega Murillo
Amber90
Thomas Woodchuck

"..." = name as requested

Last edited:

Bulls-eye1

Aug 21, 2006
Venlo
androidworld.nl
Great to see you made the final version :)
Can't wait to download it (no downloadlink yet) and to flash it.

First time for me to flash with sd-card because my PC died.

-888-

Jul 24, 2008
Great to see you made the final version :)
Can't wait to download it (no downloadlink yet) and to flash it.

First time for me to flash with sd-card because my PC died.

:( My condolences ;)

(I removed dnld link to Final ver because I just read about possible better solution to the fullscreen - a real fix instead of using PIEPlus to patch it up - and Im just making it, if test go OK then that will be Final version)

*but for you, since you already use eOS4.888 same as me, just get the eXt.Pack and install fix only, you don't need to flash entire ROM

Last edited:

iamcanadian

Apr 6, 2008
Can't wait!!!

Did you try fixing the name display on Fido or Rogers network like you stated before?

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

-888-

Jul 24, 2008
Can't wait!!!

Did you try fixing the name display on Fido or Rogers network like you stated before?

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

Yes, I added all the Rogers CNAP settings from the old Rogers ROM that was posted on xda
/edit: but I read somewhere that some mysterious DLLs are supposedly needed too, so if its true I don't think it will work

Last edited:

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
Downloading extended as we speak and afterwards I'll search for the ROM.
Guess I'll start first with the PIE fix for my older and 100% stable version and afterwards I'll go for the dyn PP FINAL.
Great work mate!

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
2008 Oct 06 . . . eOS4.888.F
...not there yet?
I see a 4_6_888_ppD dated 10/07 but no "F" in your 4shared folder...

damir4ik

Oct 6, 2008
Dear 888
is there smthg wrong with cookin?
i'm waiting for a new ROM :) kiddin

when u'll be able 2 dwnld it?

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
Reading helps - LOL - at least myself.
First page -888- states that he wants to make one more minor improvement so we should wait ... extended pack already lingering on my HDD ready to be installed.

HikL

May 16, 2007
Just to let you know. Using the september version (4.888) with the emo radio for a few weeks now and it works perfectly. So thanks for this rom. ;)

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
+1 HikL.
Though my sig states differently I use the 888 with the famous NIKI Radio without a single hick-up running M2D (Sept. 13 with the 0.07 CAB) with zero, null, nope problems fast and 100% stable!
That's why I'm waiting for the 4.888F

-888-

Jul 24, 2008
Thanks my friends for all the nice words :)

2008 Oct 06 . . . eOS4.888.F
...not there yet?
I see a 4_6_888_ppD dated 10/07 but no "F" in your 4shared folder...

Hmm, I remembered *you* asked me once for ROMeOS 4.6.0 with dynamic PP, so I posted it too.
(it wasn't any big deal since I already had it fixed with PIE zoom/fullscreen before, I only updated it with few minor things and changed pagepool per your request).

Bad news:
Probably IEM7 to really work correctly needs its entire base's exact sys, xip etc, so I guess its back to piggy-backing on PIEPlus to get fullscreen working :(

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
Morning -888-
Yes I was the one asking and I use it since you created it!
Buhuhuhu *crying* I guess I'm the only one using PIE full screen *sniiifff*.
but I guess I can deal with it.

damir4ik

Oct 6, 2008
one short question
i havent found jawbreaker game in ur ROM
could you plz help - how can i install by my own?

ps can we dwnld latest version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BIOS version 11.0 for Kaiser

Happy New year gift:
    HTC BIOS version 11.0
    (Generic for all Kaiser models)
    attachment.php

download link:
    HERE
    (http://www.4shared.com/file/Wnq_njKm/888-KAIS1xx_BIOS_SPLASH_11_0.html)

enjoy :)

IF YOU PREFER FLASHING FROM SD CARD:
    1: Use WinRAR or similar file compression utility and extract file "CustomRUU_signed.nbh" to your microSD card.
    2: Rename "CustomRUU_signed.nbh" to "KAISIMG.nbh".
    3: Press and hold camera button on your Kaiser and in the same time press and hold stylus into the reset hole, wait for tri-color screen. Follow the screen infos (press Power button to start flashing) and when completed simply poke the hole with stylus to reset.

More boot splashes in THIS old thread

eOS 4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh) ROM for Kaiser

(Manila screenshots courtesy of tyguy)​

CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE (picture will open in new window or tab)

This is the look of the base ROM - without any UC apps installed yet
    ( it is exactly the same for eOS4.888, eOS4.6.8/ROMeOS4.6.888 and eOS4.888.FiRe, only PIE startup screen differs)

Tested or reported working fine in following non-English languages:
    • Arabic
    • French
    • German
    • Hebrew
    • Italian
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish

..........::::: eOS? :::::..........

What is it...
    Very stable and very reliable "lite" ROM...
    due to post size limit, CONTINUED IN POST #2

..........::::: SPECS :::::..........

COMPATIBILITY
    (gets updated with users reports)

Device:
    HTC Kaiser (link)
    • KAIS100 (tested OK)
    • KAIS110 (tested OK)
    • KAIS120 (reported OK)
    • KAIS130 (tested OK)
    • KAIS140 (reported OK)
    • KAIS160 (reported OK)

SPL: probably any modern custom SPL (link1) (link2)
    • JockyW hard-SPL3.28 (reported OK)
    • JockyW hard-SPL3.29 (tested OK)
    • cmonex hard-SPL3.29 (reported OK)
    • JockyW hard-SPL3.56 (reported OK)
    • should work with other versions (not tested)

Radio: probably any WM6.1-compliant radio (link)
    • 1.58.25.17 Neon (tested OK)
    • 1.65.17.56 (tested OK)
    • 1.65.20.29 (tested OK)
    • 1.65.24.36 Niki (reported OK)
    • 1.65.29.22 Niki (tested OK)
    • 1.70.18.02 (tested OK)
    • 1.70.19.09 (reported OK)
    • 1.71.09.01 eMo (reported OK)

Software: almost anything! (link)
    • all apps included in eXt.Pack (tested)
    • iGO (tested)
    • TomTom (tested)
    • standard Kaiser apps (tested)
    • ported Diamond apps (tested)
    • ported Opal apps (NOTE: older Opal cabs have problems - use only cabs from eXtPack081017 and newer)
    • HTC-CA D3D drivers (tested)
    • Omnia D3D drivers (tested)
    • Opera Mobile and Mini (tested) update 2009-06-11: Opera version 9.7 has problems (see post #491)
    • Manila2D UI (tested)
    • BlackBerry Connect (reported OK - read it)
    • probably any or most Java Midlets (midlets just need to support 240x320 screen)
    • probably any .NET CF apps (v. 1.1 / 2.0 /3.0 /3.5)
    • basically any apps compliant with PocketPC (Windows Mobile 2002, 2003, 2003SE, WM5, WM6, WM6.1)

Software reported NOT WORKING: (updated 2009-06-11)
    • Mozilla Fennec browser Beta 1 (see post #491)

OPERATING SYSTEM

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    This is hybrid based on Windows CE 5.2.20275 with full AKU 1.3.3 and partial AKU 1.4.0
    with elements of the following builds:
    • and possibly other builds (see ROM Updater's "ReadMe" for details)

OUT OF the BOX (OOB)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RAM (Program Memory):
    • 91.34 MB total / 65.27 MB avail. OOB (6MB PagePool version)
    • 85.32 MB total / 59.33 MB avail.OOB (Dynamic PagePool version)

ROM (Storage Memory):
    • 157.94 MB total / 154.15 MB avail. OOB (any PagePool version)

..........::::: WHAT IS IN THE ROM? :::::..........

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Operating System
    - Active Sync
    - Calendar
    - Connection Manager
    - Contacts
    - File Explorer
    - Help
    - Internet Explorer Mobile 7.11
    - Internet File Sharing
    - Pictures & Videos
    - Search
    - SIM Manager
    - Solitaire
    - Windows Media 10.3.19212
    Esmertec Jbed 3.1.20080222
    HTC Bluetooth Print 1.6.5.0
    HTC Bluetooth SIM access 3.1.0.0R1
    HTC Bluetooth FTP 1.2.33038_9
    HTC Camera 5.04.29195.00.888
    HTC QuickGPS 1.00.220821.01_888
    HTC Random Access 1.0
    HTC Sliding Sounds 1.0.1.888
    HTC Symbol Pad 1.0.29364_0
    IshiSoft Task Manager 1.4.5.0
    Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5.7283_888
    - includes all previous .NET CF versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0
    Microsoft .NET Message 3.5
    Microsoft Office Mobile 2007
    Microsoft One Note 2007
    Microsoft SQL CE Mobile 3.0.3600
    ReenSoft PIE Plus 2.2.888 (eOS4.888.FiRe only)
    - uninstallable

..........::::: WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN EXTENDED PACKS? :::::..........

EVERYTHING! :D
    You can add or remove any app, program, software, file, feature or settings you can only think of (well, almost) if you do customize it yourself...

If you prefer "pre-set configurations" please have a look in post #3 where you will find some of the set app configurations
    (and PLEASE! submit or post your SDconfig.txt and links to cab files if you have some good configuration that may be useful to others!)

..........::::: BUG LIST / UPDATES :::::..........

ROM eOS4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh)
    - few updates from 20755 build (slight speed increase)
    - few latest certificates
    - reboot sound definitly suppressed at *any* sound configuration
    - latest updates for Internet Explorer Mobile 7.11 (with ROM Updater U-2010.01)
    - Windows Mobile Update KB975353 (with ROM Updater U-2010.01)
    BUGS: 0 (zero, none)
    The most stable Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM out there!
    This is the last version and there are no plans to make another one.
    IMHO it is as good as it gets, and unless there are any bugs there is no need to remake it again.
    Enjoy your final ROM eOS :)

Since older ROM versions have been discontinued, their obsolete lists have been removed

My Dad is sad this ROM is no longer developed. He still has it on his Tilt since December 2008.
    I had it too on my Kaiser (Tytn II). best WM6.1 rom!
    R.I.P. 888 Fire :)
    Good Bye and Good Luck

Well... as I stated back in 2008 on the first page / post #2:
    ROM eOS4.888.FiRe is supported through releases of ROM Updaters until 2011 by -888-
    At this moment we are already well into year 2011, and the time has come...
    Support for ROM eOS4.888.FiRe and any previous versions have to come to end.
    It's been fun (and it still is) but I no longer can provide any more support for the device I don't own myself for more than 2 years. Anyways, I think I have provided support for this ROM for much longer than Microsoft or HTC themselves, and possibly much longer than any other ROM out there :)
    As always, all good things must end sooner or later.

Thank you everyone for using my ROM, and my special BIG THANKS to those few loyal fans out there (you know who you are - we'll keep in touch of course!) from all of my heart :)

All the best to all of yous.
    -888-

/signing out indefinitly

PS
    I use couple other nicknames and I certainly will be around since for each of my ROMs I have always created different user accounts on xda ;-) (and for this reason I am not closing my -888- user account - because who knows, maybe one day there will be one more ROM Updater for eOS4.888? ;-) ), but in the same time I want to make it clear that I will no longer log-in here as "-888-" thus I no longer will read any messages sent to -888- from now on. Peace!
    ..........::::: eOS FiRe? :::::..........
    (continued from post#1)
    What is it...
    Very stable and very reliable "lite" ROM, and I dare to state it right from the start because myself and 2000+ other users (as of November 21, 2008) were running it and in that time we have NOT found any bugs :)
    It is not "very lite" ROM as I would want, there are few many apps cooked-in for that, but since it started as "unofficial" continuation of ROMeOS line of ROMs I didn't change the things that were "always there". Having said that, I must add that it is just few apps I would have not included if I was 'designing" it by myself, i.e. Camera app (when cooked-in cannot be uninstalled or upgraded with newer or other versions obviously) or NETCF could have been moved to Storage Card (it *does* work fine from SD with every .net app I have tried so far, au contraire to what many people say; it is needed on Main Storage only if you have or use any .net apps that run at startup, ie ToDay plugins utilizing .net or such).

The Name...
    As some of you know already, the name eOS is short for "enhanced Operating System" and it is very similar to now defunct ROMeOS series by hang.tuah.
    The similarity of the name is not coincidence. It was first made as a mish-mash, a mixture, or a spaghetti consisting of ROMeOS 4.21, ROMeOS 4.5.3, ROMeOS 4.6.0 and even few files were taken from same base as ROMeOS 4.7.0 - spiced up large replacements, changes and additions from various other sources. But undeniably it's heart was ROMeOS :)
    It supposed to be just a final bug-fix release to ROMeOS series, its last ROM, but unfortunately due to lack of communication with hang.tuah (ROMeOS creator), not knowing at that time his opinion on the subject, in the last minute I changed ROM's name to "eOS" or "eOS ROM" (from "ROMeOS 4.888" as I was originally planned) and simply credited hang.tuah as the "owner". That's all about this weird name.

Why "Final"...
    Because as I said above, this is somewhat "unofficial" (meaning not released by hang.tuah) final bug-fix version for ROMeOS series. Version number 4.888 is a logical continuation, next after hang.tuah's last version 4.7, also because it is my nickname if you haven't notice it ;-)
    And as for arguments that "this is first 888's ROMeOS so how it can't be already final" - well, actually it is not first, and as you see below there are two versions.

Bugs...
    The first version, dated September 22, has a bug in Internet Explorer Mobile, where fullscreen doesn't work (fixed in the October ROM version, and is easy to fix on September ROM version with hotfix cab available in the eXtended Pack, if anyone wants it).
    Another minor bug in this version (actually not a bug per se, but annoying Windows' own behaviour) is that with certain configuration there is sound file played at start up (this has been also fixed in the October ROM version, and is easy to fix on September ROM version with hotfix cab available in the eXtended Pack if anyone wants it).

Now the most important:
    The concept of utilizing UC process, or "less cooked-in is better".
    This ROM is UC capable, and although it is not "real lite" ROM, most of its content - thanks to UC - can be easily upgraded with time as newer or better app versions appear, without the need of replacing/reflashing entire new ROM :)
    For example if you want to update your dialer its no problem, just uninstall it and install newer one. You want different Comm Manager? No problem either, just uninstall old one and install the one you want. You want newest Windows Live? No problem! Just... well, I'm sure you get the idea by now ;-) All of it is possible only because none of those apps is cooked-in in the ROM, but they are installed rather during or after each hard reset (with UC process) or simply installed and uninstalled "manually" whenever you want it.
    That's basically the essence of this "less cooked-in is better" concept that few of us are advocating here.
    some of the discussions:
    thread1 thread2 thread3 thread4 thread5
    /NOTE: some threads have been messed up by one of the forum members, but nevertheless it is still good read/

How it works?
    In short - it works the same way as if the Chef would have cooked those apps into the ROM, the difference is that *YOU* choose what have to go there and when, because very very few apps really require to be actually cooked-in, 99% of them work the same when they are just installed the old way... and fear no evil - you DON'T have to do all of this installing by yourself :) That's where UC process comes in. You simply select the apps you want (you can use one of the "pre-set selection" if you don't want to do even that by yourself), copy 1 folder and 1 file to your SD card, and that's all. Everything you chose will be automatically installed during first boot after you've flashed your phone with new ROM, or/and during every hard reset in the future - much the same as if those apps were cooked-in in the ROM (but with your choices, and option to change your selections, replace or upgrade the apps with different/newer versions, etc etc). All you have to do is just keep your SD card in the phone.

More on UC:
    main thread

..........::::: ROM DOWNLOADS :::::..........

Latest ReadMe file contains useful informations.
    Please READ IT before downloading/using any ROMs.
    >>>>> HERE <<<<<

*MUST*
    REMOVE SIM CARD BEFORE FLASHING
    &
    HARD RESET AFTER FLASHING AND FIRST RUN
    ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

wm6circlingavatarvs1.gif

eOS 4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh)

6MB PagePool version <----- use this version if you don't know which one you need)
    • 4shared (official)

Dynamic PagePool version
    • 4shared (official)

wm6circlingavatarvs1.gif

NEW
    Introducing ROM Updaters!

---==[ ROM UPDATER ]==---

Since each ROM Updater (U-20xx.xx) contains *all* cumulative updates and Windows Mobile hotfixes, any previous ROM Updaters should be treated as obsolete. Please update your eOS FiRe only with latest ROM Updater version.
    You can install ROM Updater at any time on your Kaiser, and installation of newer version on top of previous versions is absolutely fine (there is no need to hard reset or re-flash your ROM).
    Just make sure: after installation you *must* soft reset (restart) your Kaiser immediately when you are asked to do so, don't wait or delay it.

Latest ROM Updater:
    U-2010.01 (more info here)

---==[ PREVIOUS ROMs ]==---

All older ROMs are NOT SUPPORTED and no longer available

-888- ROMs DATE/VER
    • 2010-10-18 eOS.5.888.Custom for TriCounty Res. Mgmt.
    • 2010-10-15 eOS.5.888.CustomBeta.1
    • 2009-12-12 eOS.4.888.FiRe with U-2010.01
    • 2008-10-14 eOS.4.888.FiRe (Final Refresh)
    • 2008-10-13 eOS.4.888.FR.b2 (Final Refresh, beta 2)
    • 2008-10-10 eOS.4.888.FR.b1 (Final Refresh, beta 1)
    • 2008-10-07 eOS.4.888.F (Final)
    • 2008-10-06 ROMeOS 4.6.888
    • 2008-09-20 eOS.4.888
    • 2008-09-16 eOS.4.888.b2 (beta 2)
    • 2008-09-12 eOS.4.888.b1 (beta 1)
    • 2008-08-08 3.14.888.3 (build 3)
    • 2008-07-10 3.14.888.2 (build 2)

My personal thanks go to (just from the top of my head) Akadonny, _Alex_, DaveShaw, duttythroy, Garmin, hang.tuah, kareem9nba, mbarvian, NATF, JockyW, pof, raiisak, sakajati, schaps, yardie.spike, and last but not least - probably some 1000 more very smart and very talented people on this board I should have really listed here as well, but then it would be ridiculusly long list... so I must apologize here to all my friends on xda-dev whom I didn't list!