[Q] Are you happy with your purchase?

Search This thread

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
Are you satisfied with your Huawei mediatap.
I'm considering buying one, but i noticed that the samsung galaxy tap 2 7", is costing almost the same, where i live. This version of the galaxy doesn't have 3g. But I'm not going to use 3g, but it's nice have though. What would you choose, if you had the choice?

shiranmotha

Feb 25, 2008
Colombo
Mediapad is a real value for the money. But still this has a small user base, so still lacks good community support. There is no good custom rom so far. In my country Mediapad with ICS costs the same as The Samsung tab 2 7". But the HC version of Mediapad costs less, and it only takes 5 mn to upgrade to ICS.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA Premium HD app

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
I have the Springboard from TMobile and find it to be a great device for my needs. I like the cellular capabilities and use it in the car as a GPS. Overall I'm very satisfied and once Huawei releases the source code for ICS the custom ROM's will start to show up. For now I'm rooted and running a stripped down ROM.

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
the samsung galaxy tab 2 without 3g is 30% cheaper here, the one with 3g the same price.

BUT the samsung has 1024 x 600 display, proprietary Samsung connector so no hdmi and usb. That should be enough to look somewhere else.

edit,-
Forgot that with samsung tab you also need to buy an overpriced connector if you want to hook it up with hdmi to a tv.
Then you need to plug in the samsung power cord to the hdtv connector, then plug the hdtv connector to the tab, then the hdmi cable to the hdtv connector. The tab needs to be powered\charging while connected to a tv.

I really don't like those small proprietary connectors, either they are not at hand when needed or get lost.

Last edited:

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
Thanks
I read in magazine review today. That the touch screen isn't that well, and that you sometimes have to press twice. Is this also what you have experienced, or is it and old fw issue.

rurou

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks
I read in magazine review today. That the touch screen isn't that well, and that you sometimes have to press twice. Is this also what you have experienced, or is it and old fw issue.

Compared to the fw that came with the tablet, it improves a lot... But still not on par with the likes of Samsung, HTC or other well known brands. Depending on the apps, yes, sometimes the touch won't register.. basically the screen/driver setting is too sensitive thus sometimes touch is registered as swipe. It isn't a big problem though, just a small annoyance. Right now I'm posting this from mediapad and I can type comfortably.

Basically both are good tablet for the money, but I like the fact that mediapad have separate input for the power, HDMI, and USB. The higher dpi screen also very nice... Less zooming needed when you're browsing the net.

dark_fighter

Nov 2, 2010
St. Andrews
I bought one a month ago or so and I can tell that it is a great device with great potential... H/W specs are excellent (especially the screen resolution, cpu and ram), There are already two major custom ICS roms that doesn't do much, but offers a lighter os and the remove of all Huawei apps that you may never use and just consume free space. And the best thing is the price... It's quite cheap for what it offers and the device doesn't give you a "chinese" product quality (in fact it is excellent). It could answer lots of your questions if you read the review at the gsmarena.com.

repairnewb

Jun 22, 2012
I'm very happy with mine. I've had it for 3 months or so. I really like the mini usb and hdmi ports which galaxy does not have , screen is not quite as responsive as the galaxy, and some apps are not available in play store that are available for galaxy, but there are workarounds for those. All that in mind, I think you would be happy with either purchase.

ary12282

Apr 24, 2012
Jakarta
I am satisfied with mediapad, in my country the price is much cheaper than the samsung tab 2 (3G). with the same spec, mediapad much better and elegant. (No bundling system in my country)

joytest

Apr 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just got one pre-owned 2 days ago, good so far

I got a used unit 2 days ago, put in a broadband SIM, and working great so far. Primary use as browsing device and book reader.

Upgraded to C232B005 as well, pretty good. Giving it a good spin over the next few days. Charging via USB works with my existing Galaxy Note 1A charger.