Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2008, 07:56 AM |#3701  
Flag Idaho Falls
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Talking Possible Fix for Weather... your milage may vary
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u

I realized that 2 other people posted about a weather problem several pages back but never got a fix for it..

I'm having the same issue, it was working fine with update 10 and now the weather does not allow me to add a location.

Is there a fix for this yet? I'm using a Titan

Hi all,

Here is what I did to fix my the darn weather problem using my AT&T Tilt through MediaNet.

1. Make a copy of the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml in the Windows folder.
2. Modify the file to include your info. (for me the zip code worked). See the examples below:
Quote:

<city name="Idaho Falls, ID" loca="83406" land="United States"/>
<city name="Idaho Falls, ID, US" loca="NAM|US|ID|IDAHO-FALLS" land="United States"/>

3. Copy the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml back to your device (your storage card or My Documents)
4. Disable TouchFlo in your Today Screen settings
5. Using TotalCommander overwrite the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file in the Windows folder
6. Go to Settings, Connections tab, Connections program and select the "Manage existing connections" option.
7. Click the Proxy Settings tab and uncheck the "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet" option.
8. Click the OK at the top left.
9. Once again, select the "Manage existing connections" option.
10. Click the "Edit..." button for your MediaNet or ISP connection
11. Click Next, Next
12. Click the "Advanced..." button
13. Click the Servers tab at the bottom
14. Click "Use specific server address" and enter the two following addresses for DNS and Alt DNS:
15. Click OK at the top, then Finish at the bottom, click OK again at the top, then OK again.
16. Reenable TouchFlo in your Today options
17. Go to the Weather Tab and Add your city
18. Enjoy

I have tested the solution on are Garmin's ROMs, but it should solve proxy server issues and DNS issues relating to AT&T's seriously out of date default DNS servers (the proxy server uses an up to date DNS server).

The above DNS servers are from OpenDNS www.opendns.com

Please post and/or PM me if this solution works for you. I've been frustrated at the lack of working weather for my area, so this is the crazy solution I came up with!

Merrell

AT&T Tilt
HardSPL 3.29
Garmin.DK4.3c Manila
8GB microSD card

8th October 2008, 08:00 AM |#3702  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
hm..that isn't quite the problem I have..I simply have the problem that when I hit the "add location" button, nothing happens..meaning no screen pops up so I can select a city..I thought maybe the first time my installation was wrong..but I tried twice, both with hard resets and still no luck..I notice that no one else seems to have my problem..haha
8th October 2008, 08:08 AM |#3703  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2

More
! Request ! for portrait - landscape switch
Hello guys

Reading this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432580 i thought that someone with programing knoledge could make a small application that would disable m2d theme, rotate the screen, change the xml to fit landscape/portrait mode and reload the theme, so we can use m2d in both portrait and landscape modes.

Unfortunately i have no such knoledge so i'm asking someone else to look into this.

Thanks in advance.
8th October 2008, 09:23 AM |#3704  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does not work on my Gigabyte i128
8th October 2008, 10:29 AM |#3705  
Flag Linköping
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

hm..that isn't quite the problem I have..I simply have the problem that when I hit the "add location" button, nothing happens..meaning no screen pops up so I can select a city..I thought maybe the first time my installation was wrong..but I tried twice, both with hard resets and still no luck..I notice that no one else seems to have my problem..haha

Do you have a WWE-ROM?
8th October 2008, 10:52 AM |#3706  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Touchflo stopped working
OK well have M2D update 17 installed. Everything was working fine until I decided to change my theme. I went to install the "Diamond clock by mbarvian" theme located in this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425974

Since is this theme is already in a cab format, I opened it went to through the install process of installing it to the device, NOT the storage card.

When it completed it asked me to reboot my device which I did and now Touchflo 2D no longer longer loads. My screen displays Tap screen to load Touchflo, it then says loading Touchflo and then just comes back to tap screen.

Everything on my phone works fine i can access the start run programs etc.

Is there a way to get this working, without having to do a hard reset and install everything again? Also do all themes do this on update 17. And in future can I update the theme before installing M2D which seems to always be the final step during the install proceedures

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
8th October 2008, 01:01 PM |#3707  
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
Hi, great work!

I've installed update 18 in my Asus P535 and it works fine.
I just have four problems:
1: I cannot manage wifi with Comm Manager. Wifi works but I can't activate/deactivate in Comm Manager, I have to go to Settings>Communication>Wi-Fi and turn it ON. I've tried the wifi patch, but it doesn't correct this.
2: The bluetooth is activated/deactivated by Comm Manager, but the switch (image) does show the current status, is always OFF.
3: I've added my city in the weather XML, but I cannot update the wheater. I got the code for my city in the accuweather.com and followed the instructions, but no update
4: I've copied the MUI files to windows directory but i don't know how to change the language settings.

Can anybody help me in these matters?

Thanks in advace.
8th October 2008, 01:23 PM |#3708  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:

My Mogul is having the same problem I have resorted back to update 8 and weather is once again working....
8th October 2008, 01:45 PM |#3709  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 1,531

More
Quote:

I have the same problem. On my device (Toshiba G900) I can't make dialog screens to appear (nor the add contact screen, nor the choose weather location screen, nor the add program screen). I installed it many times and performed many HRs wihout luck...I'm considering to give up....
8th October 2008, 01:52 PM |#3710  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk

Hi, great work!

I've installed update 18 in my Asus P535 and it works fine.
I just have four problems:
1: I cannot manage wifi with Comm Manager. Wifi works but I can't activate/deactivate in Comm Manager, I have to go to Settings>Communication>Wi-Fi and turn it ON. I've tried the wifi patch, but it doesn't correct this.
2: The bluetooth is activated/deactivated by Comm Manager, but the switch (image) does show the current status, is always OFF.
3: I've added my city in the weather XML, but I cannot update the wheater. I got the code for my city in the accuweather.com and followed the instructions, but no update
4: I've copied the MUI files to windows directory but i don't know how to change the language settings.

Can anybody help me in these matters?

Thanks in advace.

Same by me on my asus P535 and more probelem with update 18:
* Active Sync not work when i connection PPC with PC. I go back version update 17. Its OK but does not support unicode best for update 16 .Currently I use the old version update 16
8th October 2008, 02:49 PM |#3711  
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancola66

Same by me on my asus P535 and more probelem with update 18:
* Active Sync not work when i connection PPC with PC. I go back version update 17. Its OK but does not support unicode best for update 16 .Currently I use the old version update 16

I've the same problem with activesync, i'll try update 17. Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)