FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets!

820 posts
Thanks Meter: 676

By TaintedByte, Senior Member on 27th May 2012, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2012, 06:56 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
I made a call to google wallet tech this morning because I wanted my $10.00 as promised to me. Anyhow he says that they are aware of issues with Sprint and their phone, HTC EVO 4g LTE. He didn't give me specific details as to what causing the error message but he did say that the 7 days deadline of receiving the $10.00 credit will definitely be extended indefinitely and that everyone who notified them either via email or personal call will get their credit once everything is fixed.

16th June 2012, 04:42 AM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
What if you went into setting -> apps -> clear data? I had GW set up. Did not do the clear GW from with in the app its self. Now when I try to open GW it is trying to set up for the first time. Because google shut it down it can not authorize. If I flash a Tom now will I be borked?

Sent from my EVO-LTE via Tapatalk
16th June 2012, 03:13 PM |#203  
Flag S.E. MI
Thanks Meter: 135

More
It seems like resetting google wallet from within the app releases the secure element..if that's true I would think you have to do it before flashing or never regain access to it? Are people who are lucky enough to flash and maintain working secure element not doing full wipes and thus keeping the link to the element working?

I have stock software just root. I got stuck resetting wallet but cleared data and tricked it with the build.prop into letting me activate again.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner.
17th June 2012, 12:04 AM |#204  
Flag Blairsville

More
Question Unsupported Device Notice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Of All

I get a "Unsupported Device Error" yet Wallet still works, why?
This is a complete different error altogether and as a matter of fact, is not a big deal at all. This only shows up to root users and can easily be ignored -- Wallet will still work.

I wanted to know more about this simple process of ignoring..

I cannot access Google Wallet at all after this error notice comes up. I have checked SuperSU for any exceptions set for Google Wallet but none exist.. It seems anyone else having this issue is able to move past after the error notice but the app just closes out for me. Any suggestions?

I have a rooted EVO LTE with Charmeleon ROM. And yes, I cleared my Google Wallet the correct way before I rooted my phone.
17th June 2012, 12:45 AM |#205  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAMac

I wanted to know more about this simple process of ignoring..

I cannot access Google Wallet at all after this error notice comes up. I have checked SuperSU for any exceptions set for Google Wallet but none exist.. It seems anyone else having this issue is able to move past after the error notice but the app just closes out for me. Any suggestions?

I have a rooted EVO LTE with Charmeleon ROM. And yes, I cleared my Google Wallet the correct way before I rooted my phone.

No one can move past this error. Google has turned off wallet for LTE users while the "fix" our problems..

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to butterbuns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butterbuns Ad-Free
17th June 2012, 05:08 AM |#206  
Flag Blairsville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbuns

No one can move past this error. Google has turned off wallet for LTE users while the "fix" our problems..

Great, thank you.. I thought it was just me lol
18th June 2012, 12:42 AM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durandetto

Anyone get this message yet? I restored my gw settings from a previous ROM and everything was fine but I rebooted my phone today trying to resolve a service issue and this showed up in my notification bar.

So since we can't get into the app to reset everything, do we just delete data and settings from settings>apps before we root so we don't bork the security element? Or will that not work and we have to wait for it to be fixed and can delete from inside the Wallet app?
18th June 2012, 12:54 AM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
This just might be a punishment since Sprint is coming out with their own Wallet, so we suffer.
18th June 2012, 03:18 AM |#209  
Flag Atlanta, Ga
Thanks Meter: 936

More
I'm thinking about just flashing a new rom even though I can't get into Google Wallet to clear the settings because of the country/carrier issue. If it bricks it I will just exchange it at Best Buy, I still have 6 days left of the 14 day return thing.
18th June 2012, 01:29 PM |#210  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 676

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAMac

Great, thank you.. I thought it was just me lol

The answer was already in the OP :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses2303

So since we can't get into the app to reset everything, do we just delete data and settings from settings>apps before we root so we don't bork the security element? Or will that not work and we have to wait for it to be fixed and can delete from inside the Wallet app?

Again, all I ask is that people read at LEAST the whole entire first post of a thread before posting. I'm not asking you to go through all the pages. This has been answered. On the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses2303

Clearing the app data or cache through settings or Titanium WILL NOT WORK! It HAS to be done within the Wallet app. This resets the secure certificate (?) and allows NFC to be used for secure purposes in the future.

20th June 2012, 09:07 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Of All

The answer was already in the OP :P

Again, all I ask is that people read at LEAST the whole entire first post of a thread before posting. I'm not asking you to go through all the pages. This has been answered. On the first post.

I just recently followed this thread and I did read the OP, and it does answer the first part of the question from moses2303. The part that clearing the settings/apps won't work, but I think the more important questions is the followup question. If we can't get into GW anymore, how CAN we reset GW? This isn't answered in the OP. No disrespect Racer Of All, just wondering if you know of a solution. I appreciate your understanding
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, nfc, responding, secure, wallet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)