FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any news regarding OTA ICS update?

606 posts
Thanks Meter: 63
 
By thiagofbrito, Senior Member on 19th April 2012, 02:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2012, 03:48 AM |#161  
Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Smile ICS 4.0.3 on Incredible S!
Hi Guys

Got sick of waiting so went ahead and installed Nik_Aura_Rebirth_sense4a on my Incredible S and let me just say its awesome! It runs the HTC One V rom so it has the cut down version of the full Sense 4 which i think is better than what HTC is going to give us with the update which will actually run 3.6!

Its fast and smooth and looks awesome! Why wait for the official update when you can get a better version now!!

Best of all is no bloatware from Optus!!!

I've made some how to's for anyone who is interested

How to unlock Inc S using HTCDev.com here > http://youtu.be/L8TZ_RKd3aE
How to install ClockWorkMod here > http://youtu.be/AqgjjCZU2UE
How to install Nik_Aura_Rebirth_Sense4a > http://youtu.be/pPdd06qYUso

Get the ROM here > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1697247

Hope it helps!

Cheers!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to locn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift locn Ad-Free
 
 
18th June 2012, 04:48 PM |#162  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locn

Hi Guys

Got sick of waiting so went ahead and installed Nik_Aura_Rebirth_sense4a on my Incredible S and let me just say its awesome! It runs the HTC One V rom so it has the cut down version of the full Sense 4 which i think is better than what HTC is going to give us with the update which will actually run 3.6!

Its fast and smooth and looks awesome! Why wait for the official update when you can get a better version now!!

Best of all is no bloatware from Optus!!!

I've made some how to's for anyone who is interested

How to unlock Inc S using HTCDev.com here > http://youtu.be/L8TZ_RKd3aE
How to install ClockWorkMod here > http://youtu.be/AqgjjCZU2UE
How to install Nik_Aura_Rebirth_Sense4a > http://youtu.be/pPdd06qYUso

Get the ROM here > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1697247

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

What battery life do you get ?
18th June 2012, 05:16 PM |#163  
thiagofbrito's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fortaleza
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar-S

What battery life do you get ?

I was running Nik's Rebirth and having 1 day battery life. Now I'm checking Incredible Sense let's see if my battery lasts longer.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium
19th June 2012, 04:58 AM |#164  
Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar-S

What battery life do you get ?

mate i'm a light user with a couple of calls and check mail every hour or so and i am getting about 1.5 - 2 days out of it better than the stock rom either way so it's been great.
21st June 2012, 08:15 AM |#165  
Junior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Another Thursday
Good morning Guys,
Another Thursday with no ICS update or any news on HTC blog.
I'm really tired of waiting HTC to get up to date and i plan not only to stop using HTC equipment, but also to go to the newly presented WP8 yesterday. No more patience to HTC. I don't care any more about HTC ICS update.
Now my attention is focused on Intel WP8 equipment different than HTC, as i don't want to strongly squeeze my phone in order to have WiFi signal. Moreover i do not want to have updates in HTC style - new Sense only for new sellers, regardless hardware specs are weaker than Inc S.

Goodbye HTC...
The Following User Says Thank You to mradulov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mradulov Ad-Free
21st June 2012, 09:46 AM |#166  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by mradulov

Good morning Guys,
Another Thursday with no ICS update or any news on HTC blog.
I'm really tired of waiting HTC to get up to date and i plan not only to stop using HTC equipment, but also to go to the newly presented WP8 yesterday. No more patience to HTC. I don't care any more about HTC ICS update.
Now my attention is focused on Intel WP8 equipment different than HTC, as i don't want to strongly squeeze my phone in order to have WiFi signal. Moreover i do not want to have updates in HTC style - new Sense only for new sellers, regardless hardware specs are weaker than Inc S.

Goodbye HTC...

Try to be a bit more patient. I'm getting fed up of waiting too. HTC did say the update would roll out in June & July. We can complain if we reach August with no OTA.

So you want to leave HTC, which doesn't put its latest software on older hardware, to go to Windows Phone 8, which won't be put on older hardware? Your thinking seems a bit inconsistent, no?
21st June 2012, 10:24 AM |#167  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,940
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw82

So you want to leave HTC, which doesn't put its latest software on older hardware, to go to Windows Phone 8, which won't be put on older hardware? Your thinking seems a bit inconsistent, no?

Microsoft have promised 18 months updates/support with their windows 8 devices
Source: slashgear
HTC have supported us for over a year, we should actually be grateful
They don't make any money with these updates
The only thing they are getting is reputation and, and our repeat business next upgrade
21st June 2012, 11:18 AM |#168  
Junior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw82

Try to be a bit more patient. I'm getting fed up of waiting too. HTC did say the update would roll out in June & July. We can complain if we reach August with no OTA.

So you want to leave HTC, which doesn't put its latest software on older hardware, to go to Windows Phone 8, which won't be put on older hardware? Your thinking seems a bit inconsistent, no?

I disagree. WP 7 will be updated to WP7.8 and not to WP8, because of hardware constraints and incompatibility.
What happens with HTC ICS Update? If we ever receive ICS update, it will come with Sense 3.6, despite IncS hardware is better than cheap new seller with Sense 4 from the factory.
However, after consequently 5 phones by HTC owned i consider myself as loyal HTC customer. The fact Sense 3.6 is provided as update, when there are no hardware constrains for Sense 4, makes HTC a greedy traitor in my eyes.

The fact ICS is delayed does not worrying me, but the fact my(our) loyalty is not considered by HTC pisses me off.
21st June 2012, 11:19 AM |#169  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mradulov

Good morning Guys,
Another Thursday with no ICS update or any news on HTC blog.
I'm really tired of waiting HTC to get up to date and i plan not only to stop using HTC equipment, but also to go to the newly presented WP8 yesterday. No more patience to HTC. I don't care any more about HTC ICS update.
Now my attention is focused on Intel WP8 equipment different than HTC, as i don't want to strongly squeeze my phone in order to have WiFi signal. Moreover i do not want to have updates in HTC style - new Sense only for new sellers, regardless hardware specs are weaker than Inc S.

Goodbye HTC...

Nag nag nag
21st June 2012, 03:04 PM |#170  
naathaanb96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 552
 
More
If you want fast updates buy a nexus s

Sent from my HTC Incredible S running IceColdSandwich 8.0 SOB Edition using XDA Premium.
21st June 2012, 03:12 PM |#171  
skinniezinho's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 64
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mradulov

Good morning Guys,
Another Thursday with no ICS update or any news on HTC blog.
I'm really tired of waiting HTC to get up to date and i plan not only to stop using HTC equipment, but also to go to the newly presented WP8 yesterday. No more patience to HTC. I don't care any more about HTC ICS update.
Now my attention is focused on Intel WP8 equipment different than HTC, as i don't want to strongly squeeze my phone in order to have WiFi signal. Moreover i do not want to have updates in HTC style - new Sense only for new sellers, regardless hardware specs are weaker than Inc S.

Goodbye HTC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mradulov

I disagree. WP 7 will be updated to WP7.8 and not to WP8, because of hardware constraints and incompatibility.
What happens with HTC ICS Update? If we ever receive ICS update, it will come with Sense 3.6, despite IncS hardware is better than cheap new seller with Sense 4 from the factory.
However, after consequently 5 phones by HTC owned i consider myself as loyal HTC customer. The fact Sense 3.6 is provided as update, when there are no hardware constrains for Sense 4, makes HTC a greedy traitor in my eyes.

The fact ICS is delayed does not worrying me, but the fact my(our) loyalty is not considered by HTC pisses me off.

You must be joking.Wp7.5 guys will not receive WP8, only WP7.8 maybe the same way as we receive Sense 3.6 instead of Sense 4.
The difference?With an android device you have custom roms,ports etc..with WP phones you must stick with it, maybe a couple mods.

A friend of mine has a LG E900, was very cheap, runs WP7.5, is fast,etc but lacks certain types of apps: free offline GPS,data counter (from what I have read it is impossible to make due to lack of APIs),etc..

Brands must make money, if my device ran the same system as the brand new why should I change?
Sense 3.6 is very fine, in fact maybe better than Sense 4 Lite, at least more complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naathaanb96

If you want fast updates buy a nexus s

Sent from my HTC Incredible S running IceColdSandwich 8.0 SOB Edition using XDA Premium.

Had a Nexus S before the IncS, very fast, lots of developing but not as stable as Inc S with Sense Roms (At least Nik's Ones).

In fact I had LG P500,Samsung Nexus S and this HTC, and till now HTC is on the lead with updates for the devices (ok the Nexus had ICS very soon, but it was delayed due to bugs, and not anything super fast,super optimized as I expected from a Nexus phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes