ROM | UNOFFICIAL | AOKP | Epic 4G Touch | July 20| Milestone 6 | 4.0.4 | FF18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

odub303

Nov 30, 2007
I know that sir, what I am saying is that 2 people flashed TWRP onto theor ET4G running AOKP and now have non working 4G.

See what I mean?

They did not flash a kernel that was specifically made for AOKP like the kernel included in this ROM. They flashed the kernel designed for CM9. If I am wrong, then I apologize, but I do not believe I am mistaken. If the OP were to repack his kernel with TWRP, there would likely be no issue with 4g.

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
GPS seems to be working for me. I always start with stock and get a GPS lock before flashing anything AOSP. Seems to prevent GPS issues for me. May try that if nothing else works.

*Luke*

Nov 21, 2010
Thanks so much to Times, TCP, and KB for all your hard work on AOKP! Very much appreciated, and very excited to see this from source!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: keebler021

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011
I have Apollo, but I remember seeing a video Zaphod posted and he had a widget in the bottom dock bar. It was one of the coolest ideas I had ever seen.

Sent from onboard the Destiny, a couple billion light years from your annoying as*!
~Dr. Nicholas Rush~
Possibly using Apex Launcher Pro. It allows you to place 1x1 widgets in the dockbar. Just tested it and yeah it works. Hope that helps you.
fyi, it had nothing to do with the ROM most likely. Dockbar functions are ALWAYS related to the launcher, which the ROM developers don't even mess with for the most part. Except Calk and his work on the TW launcher..
js

Last edited:
Reactions: Scar107

times_infinity

I have Apollo, but I remember seeing a video Zaphod posted and he had a widget in the bottom dock bar. It was one of the coolest ideas I had ever seen.

Sent from onboard the Destiny, a couple billion light years from your annoying as*!
~Dr. Nicholas Rush~

Then go ask Zaphod for it? If it's not in mainline AOKP, then it's not included. If you don't like the ROM because of that, then don't use it. Plain and Simple.

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
Possibly using Apex Launcher Pro. It allows you to place 1x1 widgets in the dockbar. Just tested it and yeah it works. Hope that helps you.
fyi, it had nothing to do with the ROM most likely. Dockbar functions are ALWAYS related to the launcher, which the ROM developers don't even mess with for the most part. Except Calk and his work on the TW launcher..
js

thanks man, I will give that a look.

~Dr. Nicholas Rush~

Reactions: latinmaxima

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
Am I entitled much? Sounds like you are the silver spoon cry baby. But to answer your question, no I am far from it. Just asking a question, yes it kinda comes off a Lil *****y, however not my intent!

IDK what happen to the AOKP followers that were nice and helpful, lately all that seems to be in here anymore are the ones that want to start **** instead of help.

One more time no I'm not entitled just sad that WE as a Community, have yet to get the full potential of the AOKP ROM.

~Dr. Nicholas Rush~

OK yes my bad on wording. I respect everyone that has anything to do with Android
period! Didn't mean to piss anyone off.

Pretty sure that bold print is what they're talking about dude... Maybe just take a minute to re-read something before you post it and maybe make it seem less demanding?
I'm just trying to help and be constructive in my own passive way, but I can see where they are coming from. And personally I wouldn't want you using something i spent a lot of time and hard work on only to find a fault that has nothing do with AOKP on any device.
Seriously, I think everyone should download APK manager, try decompiling an APK, make some teeny-tiny change, and recompile it. It's not like wiping your ass.
Then imagine building an entire ROM, or porting one to another device entirely.
I have the utmost respect for you guys. Keep up the good work :D

~Dr. Nicholas Rush~

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011

times_infinity

which makes it even worse. yes, we ALL know that we assume the risk of what we do to our phones, but shouldnt he of had someone test it BEFORE posting a thread for everyone? in irc, i see builds being passed from person to person before anything is posted to the masses, if at all. he claimed the cwm he made was safe, which we now know is a blatant lie, and bricked at least 3 peoples phones.

everyone is responsible for their own device, yes. but testing before throwing it out there without a proper warning is a little lazy in my opinion.

The reason I kept it under wraps until I decided to release was because someone came to me. Not gonna name any names, and basically yet indirectly asked for all of my work. Not for help with where they were stuck at. So I decided to do 'internal' testing and only have a very small amount of people test it to make sure it didn't get out before I was ready to release. Every thing was going smooth except Mms which should be fixed in the next build as well as the kernel having TWRP.

Just asking for a little help with getting a device. It would make things so much easier especially with testing. It would enable me to get things fixed faster, make sure things are safe and builds out sooner.

On another note, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the ROM. And I'm truly very sorry to those who have bricked. :( I worked pretty much tirelessly to get it where it is. And I don't plan to stop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
The reason I kept it under wraps until I decided to release was because someone came to me. Not gonna name any names, and basically yet indirectly asked for all of my work. Not for help with where they were stuck at. So I decided to do 'internal' testing and only have a very small amount of people test it to make sure it didn't get out before I was ready to release. Every thing was going smooth except Mms which should be fixed in the next build as well as the kernel having TWRP.

Just asking for a little help with getting a device. It would make things so much easier especially with testing. It would enable me to get things fixed faster, make sure things are safe and builds out sooner.

On another note, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the ROM. And I'm truly very sorry to those who have bricked. :( I worked pretty much tirelessly to get it where it is. And I don't plan to stop.

Thanks for the work you've done times_infinity and everyone is glad you've brought back AOKP. I know your release got off to a buggy start but its only going to get better from here. Wish I could donate but I'm just a poor college student :( lol. If you ever need a tester I'm down, I do the same for Team Epic also. Thanks again and including TWRP is a great idea!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: times_infinity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Knowing the huge risk with flashing Ice Cream Sandwich based ROMs. Anyone that downloads this ROM and decides to flash it
    Takes full responsibility for what happens to their device.
    Go the Normal Route for flashing new ROMs

Odin EL26 recovery, etc etc.

MOD EDIT: Always use the Stock CWM5 recovery for anything you want to flash. Do not use the recovery that comes with this rom to flash or do anything with. Flash this as you would any other ICS rom. As in flash this with stock CWM5. You still do not flash from ICS to ICS, GB kernel only. After you flash this, if you want to flash anything else, Odin back to the CWM5 recovery. Also do not restore nandroids from the built in recovery from this rom.

KERNEL IS NOW BUILT FROM SOURCE!
    What does this mean? It means that we can add more features, schedulers, governors, overclock, undervolt, EMMC brick bug removed, touchkey led timeout, and more!

Also, guys that have Apps2SD issues, try it now and let me know.
    Also, check to see if the screen tearing issue is still there like with youtube and such.

Kernel now includes TWRP. This is know to be a safe recovery. REGARDLESS. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Now that I have a phone, feel free to donate! but in no way are you obligated!

READ:
    Ok, so you guys are gonna hate me. But pay attention.

SDCard directories are back to internal storage = EMMC, external storage = SDCARD.
    I did this so that the epic touch is inline with the rest of the Galaxy S2 series.

This is more than likely going to get scrapped with jellybean though. seeing how on my nexus the sdcard mounts are /storage/sdcard0 while /mnt/sdcard is a symlink to /storage/sdcard0 and /sdcard is a symlink to /mnt/sdcard. Maybe that last symlink is a bit redundant, but it's there.

Anyway,

Now for those of you that don't have an sdcard, or just want everything that involves apps and stuff to save to the INTERNAL sdcard (emmc) You will need to use the mount points switcher.

Which is in Settings > Storage > menu button > Storage configuration.

By default it is set to download everything to your external sdcard. If you want it to otherwise, download everything to your internal sdcard, just tap the checkbox and REBOOT. I repeat REBOOT. The setting doesn't take effect until you reboot.

Unless you data wipe, this configuration is a set it and forget it type of thing.
    Now understand this. Even though it is a set it and forget it type of setting, you need to remember every now and then that you did it. Incase you do have an external sdcard that starts acting up that you want to format. If you don't remember to uncheck the option, reboot, and then format, it will erase your internal sdcard.

EDIT 07-20: The above should no longer be needed for being about to download from the browser etc. It can be done if you want everything to save to your internal sdcard just in case.

Other than that, The only other thing you guys seemed to worry about, which is now fixed, was the touchkey lights toggle.

Oh, and to the US Cellular 'devs':
    3Uwfv.gif

To US Cellular users:

I have a build of AOKP, source built, with a specific device tree for you phone, the SCH-R760, here.

Everything should work just fine, flashed it on my E4GT, everything except WiMax seemed to be in working order.
    So everything that works in E4GT build should work in this one.

The only differences? eri.xml to for displaying carrier name correctly, etc.
    USC apns-conf.xml so you guys should have working MMS.
    Removed pretty much all traces I could find of WiMax. From the props to the init scrips to the framework.

That's pretty much it. I'm posting this to cut out the middle man and so that you guys have a straight source built ROM and not a port of an E4GT ROM.

Also, I'm not 100% sure this will boot. Try it out and let me know.

Enjoy!

aokptitleblue-1.png
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
    changelog-2.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    [/font]
    • Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    • MAKE A NANDROID
    • wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • flash ROM
    • flash Gapps
    • reboot

Big Thanks to qbking77 for providing a How To Install video and a review video!

downloads-4.png
    [/font]

Get the latest build here

gapps
    contribute-1.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.[/font]

Donate to Whitehawkx
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Donate to Roman[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Donate to Jonathan Grigg[/font]
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx

Donate to CyanogenMod

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Every donation is cherished and loved.[/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us![/font]
    source-2.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Check out the ROM source on [/font]github[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.[/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible![/font]

Huge HUGE thanks to sbrissen for helping when I got stuck
    Major thanks especially to HaiKaiDo and scarmon25 for testing as much as they could. And to anyone else who tested for me.
    HUGE thanks to downtrodn for getting me an epic touch so I can actually test what I'm developing myself!

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.[/font]
    OP Updated.
    Download link updated.

Enjoy milestone 6 everyone.
    There probably won't be anymore releases after this, unless there's an outstanding bug that absolutely needs to be fixed.

Oh and of course when kernel source comes out.
    An update will be coming out soon.
    Hang tight everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    which makes it even worse. yes, we ALL know that we assume the risk of what we do to our phones, but shouldnt he of had someone test it BEFORE posting a thread for everyone? in irc, i see builds being passed from person to person before anything is posted to the masses, if at all. he claimed the cwm he made was safe, which we now know is a blatant lie, and bricked at least 3 peoples phones.

everyone is responsible for their own device, yes. but testing before throwing it out there without a proper warning is a little lazy in my opinion.