Thanks Meter: 171

By one5, Senior Member on 9th June 2012, 11:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2012, 01:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoVR

London underground Oyster Cards are recognized.

I noticed that the other day when i rested my phone on top of my oyster card holder, my S3 made a noise everytime i lay it down on top.. My question is, what can you do with the oyster card tho?
17th June 2012, 02:50 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
tried it just now with my HOX and im not too sure what kind of app to use to read it so i got a bunch of them.

in theory, could i read the data off my oyster, and then write that data to a new tag, and then stick that tag on say an iphone and use it as my oyster card?
17th June 2012, 04:38 PM |#13  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_V

tried it just now with my HOX and im not too sure what kind of app to use to read it so i got a bunch of them.

in theory, could i read the data off my oyster, and then write that data to a new tag, and then stick that tag on say an iphone and use it as my oyster card?

That would be pretty cool, being able to have something like that.
17th June 2012, 04:49 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_V

I asked about that with the Hong Kong Octopus NFC payment cards.
Its a negative as the card should have encryption and stuff to prevent this from happening.....
17th June 2012, 05:08 PM |#15  
Flag Worcester UK
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
uk passport have the chip to scan pretty cool its been there ages just didnt know what it was
18th June 2012, 01:14 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 561

Donate to Me
More
Hi, used some NFC enabled hotel key cards, library cards and lift passes. Also had some luck with different company badges.....and received a lot of feedback regarding nfc enabled public transportation tickets

Used all of them to trigger activities and settings with https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NFC_ReTAG_FREE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ascsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ascsa Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 08:21 PM |#17  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Reads italian passport too, but without returning back nothing, only makes the sound ndicating that the phone found something. It should be useful for police to know if passports are true or no :P
19th June 2012, 08:12 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
the Mcfit Membercard and the Austrian passport

i read out my data of the passport with that app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.mroland.android.apps.nfctaginfo&feat ure=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImF0Lm1yb2xhb mQuYW5kcm9pZC5hcHBzLm5mY3RhZ2luZm8iXQ..

then menue and setup access keys. insert your passportnumber, birthdaydate and expire date of the passport and if you scan the passport now the data can be read.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to +KrOnUs+ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift +KrOnUs+ Ad-Free
21st June 2012, 05:41 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
OP missed the obvious, custom nfc cards.
It can scan my barclaycard.

Also, has anybody tried scanning a phone with google wallet? Wonder if an nfc app picks it up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
21st June 2012, 07:01 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanith

OP missed the obvious, custom nfc cards.
It can scan my barclaycard.

Also, has anybody tried scanning a phone with google wallet? Wonder if an nfc app picks it up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

I think if you buy a product called a custom NFC card/ tag you would already know that it can be scanned and how to use it. This is a list of everyday items you can scan.
21st June 2012, 07:14 PM |#21  
Flag Little Paris
Thanks Meter: 16

More
The Romanian passport is readable too. After entering some requested data, it downloads almost everything(yes, even the photo).
Also, the Turkish highway payment card is readable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to pupilov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pupilov Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)